PDA

View Full Version : $1 Million in Rare Baseball Memorabilia Discovered at 'Antiques Roadshow' Taping

Roady
08-12-2014, 08:38 AM
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2159661-1-million-in-rare-baseball-memorabilia-discovered-at-antiques-roadshow-taping?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=newsletter&utm_campaign=mlb

camarokids
08-12-2014, 09:12 AM
Time to win the lottery!

Jags Fan Dan
08-12-2014, 12:30 PM
Very cool stuff, and I'm not trying to be the guy that has to question everything, but do you think that stuff would really realize that much if sold? They said the most valuable item was a letter about how much the guy liked the cooking? Again, I know very little about vintage stuff, and I know previously-unknown-to-exist cards could potentially be a gold mine, but a million bucks?

Roady
08-12-2014, 02:10 PM
With auctions I have learned that one never knows who much things will go for.
The best the appraiser can do is an educated guess based on past experience.

godwulf
08-18-2014, 10:33 AM
“We’ve never seen these cards before,” Dunbar said. “We didn’t even know they existed.”

If those fifteen cards are truly unique, I can easily believe the million dollar appraisal. Look at the ridiculous prices some folks are willing to pay for modern items simply because they're 1/1.

Roady
08-18-2014, 07:39 PM
If those fifteen cards are truly unique, I can easily believe the million dollar appraisal. Look at the ridiculous prices some folks are willing to pay for modern items simply because they're 1/1.

I agree.