PDA

View Full Version : ASG Workout/HR Derby jerseys on MLB Auctions

simmo2332
08-07-2014, 09:47 AM
Okay, so why are these prices so high? Are they the ones worn just for workout day and home run derby? I don't think so...but can't seem to understand the prices some of these are going for....

I know people have bought the "ASG jerseys available" from Highland Mint (including myself) but it is a little scary knowing that an Aroldis Chapman jersey in this auction is going for a lot more than what I paid for a "game worn/event worn jersey...."

Also, the Jeter is crazy! STEINER sells theirs for $1,200 identical to the one that is over $3K on MLB Auctions....

Anyone else have any concerns?

simmo2332
08-07-2014, 09:48 AM
http://auctions.mlb.com/iSynApp/allAuction.action?sid=1101001&rc=25&pgcust1=BATASJERSEYS&pgcust2=key_search&pgcust3=panname_keyword_s&queryTokenList[0].type=fieldmatch&queryTokenList[0].name=panname_keyword_s&queryTokenList[0].value1=%20BATASJERSEYS&queryTokenList[0].value2

Sportskansascity
08-07-2014, 10:04 AM
I think a big reason prices are so high is because they are for charity...

All proceeds will be donated to the Baseball Assistance Team. The primary objective of B.A.T. is to help members of the Baseball Family in need of medical, financial or psychological assistance.

stasman
08-07-2014, 10:32 AM
I was looking at some of these and if you read the description, they say not worn, issued....unbelievable what the prices for these are going for. But yes, hopefully people are paying the prices for charity and not for collectibility.

Wrigley2010
08-07-2014, 12:58 PM
Makes you wonder what the actual event worn ones would sell for at auction.

twarman17
08-07-2014, 03:04 PM
It's for charity. The cubs auction site has an Eddie vedder signed ball at $1,500 with a week to go. The cubs booth was selling them for $200 before posting the last one for auction. $1500 is lunacy and can only be explained as a charitable donation.

I was at the game where vedder sang and they were $200, and I had one in my hand but passed thinking it was only worth about a $100. Oops! Would have liked it for my collection...