PDA

View Full Version : Stolen Bat: Chris Chambliss 1971-79 Adirondack

Kid4hof03
08-06-2014, 01:00 PM
I just wanted to give a heads up. My car was broken into at my hotel at the National and along with my GPS and a few other items a 1971-79 Chris Chambliss game used Adirondack bat was stolen. It has a minor crack in the handle and fair use. I have pictures of it if anyone comes across or gets offered one.

Thanks,
Abe

kulynychfamily@comcast.net

emann
08-06-2014, 04:03 PM
Sorry to hear that Abe... I'd think you should post pics of it here anyway, if it is distinctive, it might help track it down the line if anyone ends up with it and searches the forum someday.

But, the fact your GPS was swiped too would make me think it wasn't a "collector" and it was just a random thief grabbing stuff from your car. It'll probably end up at a local flea market rather than back in the collector market...

MGHProductions
08-06-2014, 07:03 PM
Sorry to hear that Abe.. If you have photos please post.. I had something stolen at the Cleveland National 5 years ago.. It showed up almost exactly one year later.. Hope yours turns up fast
Matt

danesei@yahoo.com
08-07-2014, 12:04 AM
Hopefully insurance is willing to cover at least some of it. :(

In any event, hopefully it shows up at some point, and you're able to get it back.

ChrisCavalier
08-07-2014, 08:41 AM
Hello Abe,

I am also very sorry to hear about what happened. I know the feeling. Once when I was in college I was coming back from a conference and made a stop along the way. Someone broke into my car and stole almost everything I possessed at the time (all I owed at the time was pretty much my car and my clothes.) The feeling of being violated is certainly not a pleasant one but remember, these are things that can be replaced.

In addition, I agree with the recommendations here to post the pictures of the bat. That will help if someone does run across yours.

Sincerely,
Chris