PDA

View Full Version : Score Board Autographed Memorabilia

DarronMarkwood
08-02-2014, 11:35 PM
Just wanted to start a discussion on this. I spent many dollars on boxes of Score Board boxes back in the day - and I wouldn't have been able to pick up the great autographs that I did if it wasn't for their product. I'm glad to see Leaf is picking up where they left off with their baseballs, jerseys and even golf ball products. As a guy who would rather pay $100 for a box and get a memorabilia signed piece rather than a few jersey or autograph cards, I'm liking this direction.

Admittedly, I still have about 50 redemptions for Score Board products that I never got fulfilled due to what happened with the company. I also see a lot of fake Score Board products out in the market place as people attempt to reproduce these COAs with today's technology.

Honestly, I'm just giving some kudos to the guy who started this trend, Ken Goldin, as I see him posting on this board and have his signature still on a few items in my collection. If he would have started this trend in today's market, Score Board would still be around. Thoughts?

yankees506
08-22-2014, 04:18 PM
I'm guessing it's appropriate to ask about the authenticity of this scoreboard item, I have seen plenty of bad fakes of this card however this auto seems to be good? Any thoughts? Ken? Anyone

KGoldin
08-23-2014, 03:08 PM
scan full front and full back

yankees506
08-23-2014, 03:40 PM
Here you go ken

yankees506
08-23-2014, 03:41 PM
Front

KGoldin
08-23-2014, 03:52 PM
I cant confirm
its NOT numbered, and should be if inserted
it was issued likely after I left the company based on the product, and unfortunately , when they went bankrupt, the idiots in charge at the time did NOT destroy the un-used cards that said 'authentic autograph' on back, leaving all cards with a 1997 or 1998 copyright on the back questionable

yankees506
08-23-2014, 04:00 PM
Good to know ken, this particular card had quite a few obvious and terrible looking forgeries making rounds on ebay and such where someone took advantage of the situation you mentioned. I came across this one that appears to have an authentic kobe auto on it. Now I was asking this question to see if you knew if kobe ever signed these cards (for scoreboard) or if this card could have been signed much later with events unknown.