PDA

View Full Version : What would be a better JEter Auto - ASG ticket or side panel ball?

jake33
07-31-2014, 12:01 PM
Just curious on what you think would be better to get a Derek Jeter autograph?

1) Assuming he will NOT sweetspot a baseball.... So a ball that is signed on a side panel OMLB ball or a ASG Ball.

2) Getting a Jeter autograph in a silver paint pen on a full ticket from the 2014 ASG.

Curious on your what you think would be better to get...

DJaeger22
07-31-2014, 01:02 PM
Just curious on what you think would be better to get a Derek Jeter autograph?

1) Assuming he will NOT sweetspot a baseball.... So a ball that is signed on a side panel OMLB ball or a ASG Ball.

2) Getting a Jeter autograph in a silver paint pen on a full ticket from the 2014 ASG.

Curious on your what you think would be better to get...

I'd say if he would do side panel under the ASG logo on the ball go with that. If not then ticket.

sportsnbikes
08-01-2014, 02:20 AM
Most definitely an All Star Game ball beneath the logo.

jake33
08-01-2014, 10:52 AM
Sorry, he won't sign under the ASG logo either....

Assuming that as well, which is the best option?

volunteer
08-01-2014, 11:26 AM
How do you know he'll even sign a baseball at all?

Wrigley2010
08-03-2014, 08:57 PM
If he won't sign the ASG on the panel below the logo then I would definitely do the ticket. Considering it was his last one that will make it a very desirable item and one that can be displayed easily. That is as long as the ticket itself is in "mint" condition.

jake33
08-04-2014, 01:09 PM
I assume he will sign a ball, because he has been signing those all season, but just doing side panels for the most part.

I did see him sweetspot a ball at the ASG red carpet show in Minnesota in July, but every other auto was side paneled.

yankees506
08-04-2014, 03:40 PM
What if he decides to sign the back of the ticket? :confused:

yanks12025
08-04-2014, 05:01 PM
I assume he will sign a ball, because he has been signing those all season, but just doing side panels for the most part.

I did see him sweetspot a ball at the ASG red carpet show in Minnesota in July, but every other auto was side paneled.

I got him twice Friday night and he did is the ball on the side panel under the Rawlings logo.

Also signed my cervelli game worn jersey from jeter's 3000 hit game.

jake33
08-05-2014, 09:07 AM
Good point, that would be awful if he signed the BACK of the ASG ticket.
I might try to put in in a case where only the front is exposed then.

I would really want the ASG ball signed under the logo the most, but just cannot trust that would happen.

Ray371170
08-05-2014, 04:19 PM
I can easily help you out with your problem . Go with the all star game ticket. I have a close friend who works for the yankees. Jeter wont sign the all star game ball because of Steiner. They watch him like a hawk. He will sign Jerseys and pictures. The ticket will be no problem as he signed my all star game tickets from last season no problem in person. Please and thank you works with Jeter alot. He also notices when adults try and get over. If there is a kid, let him sign for them and then he will sign for you. Feel free to inbox me. I can explain more.

cfern023
08-06-2014, 03:29 AM
Any Logo Balls Jeter would sign? I kinda would want one of those if he's gonna side panel it.

Maybe 2012 Marlins Park? 2008 Shea? 2008 Yankee?

Copa
08-06-2014, 01:28 PM
Might be worth picking one of these up:

http://www.sweetspotpro.com/

Kind of force his hand to sign on the sweet spot for you...at the same time, I guess you run the risk of him saying no and passing over you.

jake33
08-07-2014, 05:23 AM
I have on field rays vs Yankees tickets and should be just a handful of people around Jeter, so getting the auto won't be too hard.

Would he sign under a 2009 New Yankee Stadium logo?

cfern023
08-07-2014, 06:41 AM
How did you get your hands on those passes?

Juan Gris
08-07-2014, 07:16 AM
Might be worth picking one of these up:

http://www.sweetspotpro.com/

Kind of force his hand to sign on the sweet spot for you...at the same time, I guess you run the risk of him saying no and passing over you.

5 or 6 years ago I made the exact same thing, even drawing up plans to pursue a patent. Glad to see I wasn't the only one that thought it was a good idea!

johnsontravis@ymail.com
08-07-2014, 02:34 PM
5 or 6 years ago I made the exact same thing, even drawing up plans to pursue a patent. Glad to see I wasn't the only one that thought it was a good idea!

I think it is a horrible idea. I wouldn't sign anything covered up like that. I would find it demanding and a little weird...actually maybe I would sign the rubber thing. Derek Jeter would toss that ball right back to you empty.

Simply ask a player to sign it in a certain spot...most players won't mind and if they won't then they probably wouldn't sign something all covered up anyway

Autograph seekers can be so greedy sometimes...

DJaeger22
08-07-2014, 02:52 PM
I

It's the ones who show up to games with stacks of cards and cases of baseballs to get signed with the full intention of selling on eBay who are greedy. I love getting autographed balls done at games for my own collection and it's the dealers who are ruining it for everyone.

Anyway if Jeter won't sign under the ASG logo, go with the ticket and maybe frame it with a picture from the game, that would look great!

johnsontravis@ymail.com
08-07-2014, 03:50 PM
It's the ones who show up to games with stacks of cards and cases of baseballs to get signed with the full intention of selling on eBay who are greedy. I love getting autographed balls done at games for my own collection and it's the dealers who are ruining it for everyone.

Anyway if Jeter won't sign under the ASG logo, go with the ticket and maybe frame it with a picture from the game, that would look great!

Can't disagree with that. How many times do you see a line of autograph seekers and once the player gets to one of those "stack of cards" people they just quit. All the people past him lose their chance just because of that one guy.

Dealers is another huge problem but I think manners is a killer too. Ever been by the guy screaming and not even saying please...almost demanding? Yup, if people more people had manners it would be a lot better.

Juan Gris
08-08-2014, 07:01 AM
I think it is a horrible idea. I wouldn't sign anything covered up like that. I would find it demanding and a little weird...actually maybe I would sign the rubber thing. Derek Jeter would toss that ball right back to you empty.

Simply ask a player to sign it in a certain spot...most players won't mind and if they won't then they probably wouldn't sign something all covered up anyway

I understand your points and that's more or less why I didn't pursue a patent. I'm not sure how literally asking (telling) a player where to sign is less demanding than handing them a baseball with a partially exposed section for them to sign on. Whether you use one of these covers or simply ask the player to sign a specific area of the ball, your chances of success depend on being polite and laid back.

Skizzick
08-13-2014, 08:40 AM
I understand your points and that's more or less why I didn't pursue a patent. I'm not sure how literally asking (telling) a player where to sign is less demanding than handing them a baseball with a partially exposed section for them to sign on. Whether you use one of these covers or simply ask the player to sign a specific area of the ball, your chances of success depend on being polite and laid back.
It all depends on the setting, really. If you get Jeter at a sit-down signing like the Yankees Luncheon, he'll likely sign it wherever you want him to. The problem is that guys like Jeter have contracts with Steiner, who more or less tell them not to sign balls on the sweet spot or under the logo on a special ball. Cole Hamels used to be notorious for that. Even at the Phillies Phestival, he would not sign 08 World Series balls under the logo and side panel ROMLBs.