PDA

View Full Version : Johnny Football Game Used A&M Jersey

jhunt28
07-29-2014, 07:23 AM
This will be a neat auction to follow at SCP...personally I think $100k is a bit crazy for a college jersey, since we have yet to see what he can do in the NFL...but I could be very wrong...

http://nesn.com/2014/07/game-used-johnny-manziel-texas-am-jersey-estimated-to-sell-for-100k/

JDubbs73
07-29-2014, 08:33 AM
I agree. The estimated value makes zero sense. But with all the hype surrounding "Johnny Football", I wouldn't be completely surprised. Stranger things have happened...

genius
07-29-2014, 10:54 AM
I think there's a very high chance that a well-to-do A&M alum snatches this up at a crazy price just because they want it, with no concern at all as to whether it's "worth" the amount paid.

xsentrixsupra
07-29-2014, 12:51 PM
I think there's a very high chance that a well-to-do A&M alum snatches this up at a crazy price just because they want it, with no concern at all as to whether it's "worth" the amount paid.

Especially considering media coverage of Browns camp has said he has not looked very good, even for a rookie. That being said, it is kind of special since he wore it every game that season and if the guy was a superstar in college his college jerseys seem to go for more than their pro jerseys if they don't quite live up to the hype, case in point my boy Reggie Bush. However 100k for a college superstar that is a complete bust in the NFL is a tad much IMO as well