PDA

View Full Version : Flame Tempered G/U bats?

Swoboda4
07-28-2014, 07:14 PM
Does anyone know if a Louisville Slugger "Flame Tempered" bat was ever used in a major league game?

earlywynnfan
07-28-2014, 08:31 PM
Could be. I've never seen a photo of one used, and I wouldn't buy a bat without a game photo no matter what gospel word comes with it.

Hoosier39
07-28-2014, 09:15 PM
Normally no, but I will say that I bought a box full of game used bats from a guy that used to work for a minor league team back in the early 80's. The box was addressed to him to the ballpark and inside the box was about 15 bats of major league guys, one of which was a flame tempered George Foster bat.

Though it's possible, I wouldn't mess with flame tempered personally.

Swoboda4
07-28-2014, 10:05 PM
Thanks. The reason I asked is because on ebay, there's a listing for a Gorman Thomas game used bat for over two hundred dollars with photos showing the flame tempered branding. I contacted the seller since he's a store and just brought it to his attention. But again, isn't the flame tempered bats the retail stock and the powerized the tighter wood that goes to the pros?

Hoosier39
07-28-2014, 10:25 PM
Thanks. The reason I asked is because on ebay, there's a listing for a Gorman Thomas game used bat for over two hundred dollars with photos showing the flame tempered branding. I contacted the seller since he's a store and just brought it to his attention. But again, isn't the flame tempered bats the retail stock and the powerized the tighter wood that goes to the pros?

Yep, wouldn't even mess with them...

metsbats
07-29-2014, 12:03 PM
http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_forum/showthread.php?t=33684&highlight=jose+lind

Here's an interesting thread on store model bats.

I guess anything is possible.