PDA

View Full Version : Aroldis Chapman "photo matched" glove on Ebay

jbsportstuff
07-27-2014, 05:11 PM
Been in some discussion and disagreement with the owner of the current Ebay Aroldis Chapman glove. I've let the seller know that the glove is not a photo match by one clear item. The stitched #54 on ebay auction glove is much thicker and a different font than the one Chapman is holding in the picture. The picture is supposed to be a photo match. Any thoughts?

I took the photo that was telling and turned it over and blew it up 200% and it was clear to me.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Alrodis-Chapman-Photo-Matched-Signed-Nike-Game-Used-Rookie-Glove-Reds-/301251450757?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4623fc5785

Phil316
07-27-2014, 08:13 PM
just checked out the auction 12,500 for that glove makes me lol. No photomatch either as I agree it's not a match. Even if it was that is very over priced.

cfern023
07-28-2014, 12:48 AM
I think it's a match, but its my opinion. Look at the amount of tension on strings, the exact pattern their making, and how they are tied with identical knots. The 54 looks good to me, just different light. Font and thickness look the same.

I saw one issue, but it might be insignificant - or it might be from a later game.

http://anony.ws/i/2014/07/28/Untitled.png

gameused
07-28-2014, 05:01 AM
It's been a while since I posted here. Hope all is well with the GUU collectors.

The Aroldis Chapman glove in question is mine and is in the "original condition" that I received the glove from Beyond the Dugout who ran the 2012 Baseball battle gear auction. Aroldis Chapman donated this glove to benefit the Wounded Warrior Project.

I was contacted earlier by Jim (jbsportstuff) saying it's not the same glove Chapman is wearing in the getty image photo, Jim also claimed he's a photo matching expert and I'm here to prove the "so called expert" wrong....see attached pics.

There are so many dead on matches on the front area of the glove, these matches include the curved laces that match perfectly and the specific stamped designs on the glove.

As cfern023 pointed out "tension on strings, the exact pattern their making, and how they are tied with identical knots" all match up.

Also from the same game as the first getty image match are matches of the reverse side of the glove, these include the large partially untied red/white pinky lace, untied smaller red lace and the curvature of the leather in between the ring and pinky fingers.

Also if you look closely at the COA there is a photo of the untied red/white lace. As I mentioned earlier the glove is in the original condition from when I received it, nothing has been altered. I welcome your feedback.

Best Regards,
Bobby

Phil316
07-28-2014, 06:28 AM
After seeing more pictures provided it does look like a match. Still that's a hefty price tag but to each their own.

jbsportstuff
07-28-2014, 02:32 PM
Greetings,
I still stand by what I said. The numbers, to me, do not match up on the #54. The font size and font type are different. It would be nice to have a hi res pic of the getty image but I think it's clear. It's highly possible that Chapman had more than two gloves that season.

3arod13
07-28-2014, 04:23 PM
I think it's a great match. So many things line up and look identical in both pics. When enlarging pics, it can make things look differently. I think it's a good match!

gameused
07-28-2014, 04:33 PM
Greetings,
I still stand by what I said. The numbers, to me, do not match up on the #54. The font size and font type are different. It would be nice to have a hi res pic of the getty image but I think it's clear. It's highly possible that Chapman had more than two gloves that season.

Hey Jim,

Since you still don't agree.....I got another high resolution shot of the font #54 just for you....like I to you earlier all the little things match on this glove. There is no question that he's wearing the glove in all the photos I posted.

I've been doing photo matching for a number of years now. I don't claim to be an "expert" like you do, but I'm pretty good at what I do and I make sure I get all my facts before I say an item is "photo matched"

Have a nice day!

Thanks,
Bobby

notxpensv4u
07-28-2014, 05:53 PM
Everything I have seen has matched up. 100% photomatched.....No doubt. Great looking glove! I would love to add it to my collection.

Jim65
07-28-2014, 07:20 PM
It's been a while since I posted here. Hope all is well with the GUU collectors.

The Aroldis Chapman glove in question is mine and is in the "original condition" that I received the glove from Beyond the Dugout who ran the 2012 Baseball battle gear auction. Aroldis Chapman donated this glove to benefit the Wounded Warrior Project.

I was contacted earlier by Jim (jbsportstuff) saying it's not the same glove Chapman is wearing in the getty image photo, Jim also claimed he's a photo matching expert and I'm here to prove the "so called expert" wrong....see attached pics.

There are so many dead on matches on the front area of the glove, these matches include the curved laces that match perfectly and the specific stamped designs on the glove.

As cfern023 pointed out "tension on strings, the exact pattern their making, and how they are tied with identical knots" all match up.

Also from the same game as the first getty image match are matches of the reverse side of the glove, these include the large partially untied red/white pinky lace, untied smaller red lace and the curvature of the leather in between the ring and pinky fingers.

Also if you look closely at the COA there is a photo of the untied red/white lace. As I mentioned earlier the glove is in the original condition from when I received it, nothing has been altered. I welcome your feedback.

Best Regards,
Bobby

On the back of the glove below the pinkie, are the laces shorter on the glove Chapman is wearing or does it just appear that way?

Juan Gris
07-29-2014, 06:26 AM
Looks like a photo match to me. There are also numerous matching marks in the leather that don't have arrows pointing them out.

CollectGU
07-29-2014, 02:41 PM
Greetings,

let me see...super fuzzy, low res photo that definitively illustrates nothing versus numerous photmatches....Do you know forum member danesei by chance?