PDA

View Full Version : TV News crew does a story on my Washington Nationals collection

allstarsplus
07-27-2014, 01:31 PM
Through the power of Twitter, the local CBS affiliate here in Washington DC was inspired by this weekend's Hall Of Fame stories to find the best collection of Nats items that would be HOF worthy of the 10 year history of Nats baseball.

A few people contacted their station for their "open" call, and a buddy on Twitter hooked it up and they sent the sports anchor and a cameraman and we spent 2 hours together. Hard to believe they will edit it down to less than a minute from all the video they shot.

I took a little video of the intro. I'm sure they will edit it so you don't see the reporter's green socks (made him take his shoes off) and his shorts. It was casual Friday I guess.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uT7ujM3-MiI

tigerdale
07-27-2014, 06:37 PM
That's awesome Andrew!!! I'd hope to see the clip when it airs. Better yet, I'd just love to see your entire collection someday!!!

danesei@yahoo.com
07-27-2014, 07:28 PM
That's pretty cool. :)

Cubman15
07-27-2014, 07:40 PM
Very cool! If you get a chance, please post the link to the final product.

allstarsplus
07-27-2014, 09:11 PM
I will definitely do that. It's supposed to air on Wednesday.

toddhead
07-27-2014, 09:15 PM
Very cool! Can't wait to see the final segment...

dcgreg25
07-27-2014, 10:28 PM
Congrats Andrew- a well deserved honor! I don't often post here but can't wait to see the finished product and a brief tour of the collection. Hopefully we can connect at Camden Yard when I am back in a few weeks.

solarlottry
07-27-2014, 10:41 PM
Andrew-very cool!

The 49ers came out to Hawaii in May and they shot two days worth of video relating to my family and my collection. It was super fun. The second day of filming we went up to our beach house on the north shore of Oahu and shot some great action scenes of me and my son playing beach football decked out in 49er gear. The two guys that shot the video were super stoked to be visiting Hawaii and to be filming in shorts and bare feat while running up and down the beach. The film crew also caught up with Russ Francis while they were here and both of us will be featured in the new series the 49ers have put together on "super fans". The show will air during the regular season plus will be posted on the 49er website.

It seems as if GUU is well represented with regards to teams getting together with GUU members and featuring them and their collections.

I too will check out the link when it is posted.

Paul

ironmanfan
07-28-2014, 08:17 AM
Very nice Andrew!

I'm anxious to see the finished product as well.

Bill

allstarsplus
07-28-2014, 05:42 PM
Andrew-very cool!

The 49ers came out to Hawaii in May and they shot two days worth of video relating to my family and my collection. It was super fun. The second day of filming we went up to our beach house on the north shore of Oahu and shot some great action scenes of me and my son playing beach football decked out in 49er gear. The two guys that shot the video were super stoked to be visiting Hawaii and to be filming in shorts and bare feat while running up and down the beach. The film crew also caught up with Russ Francis while they were here and both of us will be featured in the new series the 49ers have put together on "super fans". The show will air during the regular season plus will be posted on the 49er website.

It seems as if GUU is well represented with regards to teams getting together with GUU members and featuring them and their collections.

I too will check out the link when it is posted.

Paul

That is very cool and video chronicling of a collection is very cool done by pros.

I'm hoping at some point the team wants to start a team museum and I can give them my collection so they can share it with everyone. The Cardinals and Reds and other teams have their own "team" museums.

I have 100's of jerseys and most are tucked away in boxes and I now have a large closet dedicated to my best jerseys including the team transition from Expos to Nats.

allstarsplus
07-28-2014, 05:43 PM
Congrats Andrew- a well deserved honor! I don't often post here but can't wait to see the finished product and a brief tour of the collection. Hopefully we can connect at Camden Yard when I am back in a few weeks.

Os are doing a big night with all their HOFers and retired stars on August 8th. Hope to see you soon!

allstarsplus
07-28-2014, 05:46 PM
Very nice Andrew!

I'm anxious to see the finished product as well.

Bill

Bill - Just hoping I don't sound like an idiot with "uh's, and um's and you knows". I was miked up the whole time and would hate for something "off the record" used........

DJaeger22
07-28-2014, 06:14 PM
Very awesome Andrew! Can't wait to see the video!

metsbats
07-29-2014, 12:05 PM
Nice Andrew!

jdr3
07-31-2014, 07:13 AM
Hey Andrew,

I looked on the USA9 website but did not see a link. Is there one you can post here? Congratulations!

allstarsplus
08-01-2014, 08:39 AM
Here's the 1st segment:

http://www.wusa9.com/videos/sports/mlb/2014/08/01/13452269/

tbone90
08-01-2014, 09:09 AM
Congrats Andrew and very well deserved!

In true cliff hanger fashion the segment left me wanting to see more. Please be sure to post a link to the next segment.

allstarsplus
08-07-2014, 08:16 PM
As promised, Part II of the interview:

http://www.wusa9.com/story/sports/2014/08/06/nationals-memorabilia-collection-largest-maryland/13661781/

Clearly a lot of film on the cutting room floor.

mook03005
08-07-2014, 09:25 PM
thanks for sharing Andrew ...that was cool.

Chipperdr
08-07-2014, 10:48 PM
Really cool stuff

geoff
08-07-2014, 10:57 PM
Really enjoyed that.Andrew didn't know you had all that stuff.

TNTtoys
08-07-2014, 11:01 PM
Great stuff!! Enjoyed watching this... congrats Andrew.

tigerdale
08-08-2014, 05:57 AM
Thats just AWESOME Andrew!!!!!!!!!!!!! How cool....what an impressive collection!! Wow!!

happyyoungster
08-08-2014, 09:30 AM
One word: AWESOME.

P.S. Good job on camera!

Birdbats
08-08-2014, 06:51 PM
Hey, I recognize that Harper baseball! :D

allstarsplus
08-10-2014, 02:22 PM

Jeff, itsn't that great!

Someone watching the broadcast contacted me if I would be interested in putting my collection in a DC Baseball museum. I said absolutely. We will see what happens.

Thanks to everyone for their kind words. I wish the broadcast was longer. With 2 hours of video and interviews to be chopped down to 2 minutes only showed a small part of our collection. Oh well.

HawaiiSportsNut
08-10-2014, 03:34 PM
Congratz Andrew... You are definitely an asset to the game used community.

allstarsplus
08-10-2014, 08:51 PM
Congratz Andrew... You are definitely an asset to the game used community.

Thanks and was happy help with Nats Suzuki items for your collection. That's the best part about it is all the people I can help in the process and all the people who have helped me when people come across those 1 of a kinds.

allstarsplus
10-06-2015, 05:13 PM

Jeff Scott once again helped me with a piece of Nats history. When I posted it up on Twitter the players father asked to buy the piece. I told him I wouldn't accept money and met his son on the field to give it to him and I asked him in exchange to do a charity appearance.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RJ7r5ZLazto

allstarsplus
10-06-2015, 05:17 PM
Last night I met with Nats players for end of the year items. This is Hall of Fame quality. 2 full sets of catchers gear from Wilson Ramos on Max Scherzer's 2 no-hitters.

http://www.talknats.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/ramos_nohitter.png

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xd40tla_nhU

Tigersrawsome
10-06-2015, 06:05 PM
Just sent you an email Andrew on buying my harper only triple from this season baseball. Thx