PDA

View Full Version : Mike Trout Career Hit # 267 + Albert Pujols Career Hit # 2120 Game Used bat ball

STLHAMMER32
07-22-2014, 08:49 PM
Mike Trout Career Hit # 267 + Albert Pujols Career Hit # 2120 Game Used bat ball

This ball was an absolute hidden gem thanks to the lack of detail provided on the authentication!

This baseball Has been MLB Authenticated with the hologram sticker EK 068474. The Authenticator detailed the ball for being the top of the 3rd for the Mendoza/Pujols at bat but was not specific as to the detail of how the ball was used. The ball was purchased with the sticker on the outside indicating it was a single.

Upon researching the at-bat, only one ball was used for the at-bat with one of the pitches resulting in the base hit. Alcides Escobar was the player to throw the ball back in and take it out of play. The ball has a very distinctive dirt scuff on one of it's sides that was not from the Pujols at-bat. I decided to view the game on MLB.TV to see how it acquired the dirt.....Mike Trout was the previous batter and had the infield hit that resulted in the dirt scuff!

Details Pieced together via MLB.TV Snap Shots:
On May 24, 2013 Mike Trout faced the Kansas City Royals and hit a ground ball up the middle to a diving Alcides Escobar who dove and made a great stop he then threw a one-hopper to first but it was not in time and superstar Mike Trout recorded CAREER HIT # 267 on an infield single! The next batter was future hall of famer Albert Pujols, who hit a hanging breaking ball for a single to Centerfield to record CAREER HIT # 2120!

STLHAMMER32
07-22-2014, 08:52 PM
Asking $395 obo

Please email me with any questions or for paypal payment @ jwakeley32@gmail.com. Thanks!

STLHAMMER32
07-24-2014, 09:38 PM
1st $235 shipped will take this future dual hall of famer hit ball.

MTC
07-25-2014, 11:58 AM
Unfortunately, authentication via MLB reigns supreme here - and your ball doesn't have that.

STLHAMMER32
07-25-2014, 05:11 PM
-Ball is sold -

cfern023
07-26-2014, 11:21 PM
Where can you see what career hit number or home run number a ball was?

STLHAMMER32
07-26-2014, 11:40 PM
Where can you see what career hit number or home run number a ball was?

You can use yahoo or espn to see a player's game log for each season. I just simply add the number of hits for the season plus the career totals up until that point to find the exact number.

cfern023
07-27-2014, 12:02 AM
oh, cool. I was wondering how that worked. I figured there was a website that would tell people.

Congrats on the sale and thanks!

dougiedshow
07-27-2014, 09:27 AM
For finding career totals, I use baseball reference.

1) select the game log (season) you want from the Standard Batting menu, above the player career stats

2) the second column next to each game in the log indicates what career game that is for the player.

3) click on the career game # and their total stats, through that game, will appear in a pop up.