PDA

View Full Version : MLB Authentication

Trpl2Bl
07-21-2014, 01:01 PM
I recently purchased a game used World Series baseball from a game that I had been looking for a long time. I had checked the online MLB Authentication page before purchasing and was away from home so I could not match it up to my DVD of the game.

When watching the DVD of the game, I noticed what I felt was a discrepancy from the authentication description. I searched on this forum if others had similar issues and who to contact (authentication@website.mlb.com). It seemed like they were not always the most responsive, but I figured I would give it try anyway.

I was not expecting a quick response, but within less than 2 hours, I was emailed back and they fixed the discrepancy. Thought I would share my success story that at least one person working there does care and takes the time.

3arod13
07-21-2014, 01:09 PM
I recently purchased a game used World Series baseball from a game that I had been looking for a long time. I had checked the online MLB Authentication page before purchasing and was away from home so I could not match it up to my DVD of the game.

When watching the DVD of the game, I noticed what I felt was a discrepancy from the authentication description. I searched on this forum if others had similar issues and who to contact (authentication@website.mlb.com). It seemed like they were not always the most responsive, but I figured I would give it try anyway.

I was not expecting a quick response, but within less than 2 hours, I was emailed back and they fixed the discrepancy. Thought I would share my success story that at least one person working there does care and takes the time.

Nice! It's sometimes "hit and miss" whether you get a response or not. You definately picked the right day to do it! Most of the time, they're more than willing to make the correction(s).

rudyjj18
07-21-2014, 06:19 PM
You have to wonder if they prioritize inquiries based on importance too. Since it's a WS ball, it may shoot to the top. Any other regular season game for an "average team" may not get that kind of response. Good work though. Glad you got it corrected.