PDA

View Full Version : Charlotte Hornets new logo

Roady
07-19-2014, 10:39 AM
What does everyone think?
I believe it looks ridiculous with that basketball belly.
It looks like it ate a basketball or is pregnant with one.
It would good to me if they had made it's body normal.

I don't know why teams think they have to incorporate a basketball into their logos somehow.
Remember the old Atlanta Hawks logo. I always thought is was perfect. Simple but perfect. Now look at it.

Wrigley2010
07-19-2014, 02:21 PM
I dont mind the new Hornets logo and do think it's an improvement over the old one. I do think the basketball would have been better suited for the thorax instead of the abdomen area... and I never thought I'd use anything I learned in Entomology 101 in the real world :p

genius
07-19-2014, 02:40 PM
If I'm not mistaken I believe the NBA mandates that every team incorporate a basketball in their logo.

Wrigley2010
07-19-2014, 02:56 PM
If I'm not mistaken I believe the NBA mandates that every team incorporate a basketball in their logo.

Is this for new logos only? I just don't recall my hometown Bulls ever having a basketball incorporated into their logo?

Roady
07-19-2014, 06:36 PM

That would answer my question if it is true.
The hornets belly is still stupid looking to me.

genius
07-19-2014, 07:23 PM
I went on Paul Lukas' site and found this, evidently it's not a rule. Was in the WNBA though. Only teams without a ball are Chicago and San Antonio. Maybe the teams don't even realize they can change it. The belly ball logo is bad, in my opinion.

http://www.uni-watch.com/2009/09/10/what-youd-prefer-that-they-use-a-puck/

Roady
07-19-2014, 08:17 PM
I went on Paul Lukas' site and found this, evidently it's not a rule. Was in the WNBA though. Only teams without a ball are Chicago and San Antonio. Maybe the teams don't even realize they can change it. The belly ball logo is bad, in my opinion.

http://www.uni-watch.com/2009/09/10/what-youd-prefer-that-they-use-a-puck/

Thanks for the leg work.
So someone at the Hornets actually approved the basketball belly. :confused:

DJaeger22
07-19-2014, 08:37 PM
Thanks for the leg work.
So someone at the Hornets actually approved the basketball belly. :confused:

I'm guessing that someone was Michael Jordan haha

Roady
07-20-2014, 05:18 AM
I'm guessing that someone was Michael Jordan haha

His logo ideas are as bad as his draft pick ideas.;)

Roady
07-20-2014, 03:38 PM
I dont mind the new Hornets logo and do think it's an improvement over the old one. I do think the basketball would have been better suited for the thorax instead of the abdomen area... and I never thought I'd use anything I learned in Entomology 101 in the real world :p
I know you're correct but basketball belly roll off the tongue better. :p

emann
07-20-2014, 08:21 PM
Is this for new logos only? I just don't recall my hometown Bulls ever having a basketball incorporated into their logo?

Guess you haven't seen the Bull proposed logo for next season yet?

Wrigley2010
07-20-2014, 09:08 PM
Guess you haven't seen the Bull proposed logo for next season yet?

bahahahahah :D