PDA

View Full Version : Any Ideas on this 98 Jordan Game Worn Finals Jersey?

Marshall
07-18-2014, 12:56 PM
ebay item# 281388744626

Any Thoughts? I know this same jersey sold for $3,500 on Huggins and Scott Auctions in 2012. It's on ebay not for $23,000 obo.

http://jan12.hugginsandscott.com/cgi-bin/showitem.pl?lotno=963

KGoldin
07-18-2014, 01:15 PM
If this were an authentic game worn Jordan 1998 Finals jersey, you would see it at Goldin AUctions for over $50,000 at this point.....

ChrisCavalier
07-18-2014, 02:10 PM
If this were an authentic game worn Jordan 1998 Finals jersey, you would see it at Goldin AUctions for over $50,000 at this point.....
This is a true statement.

Along these lines, I am aware that a number of GUU members have been offered items offline that seem "too good to be true." Unfortunately, the deals I have heard about turned out to be just that….too good to be true.

I am asking all GUU members to please do yourselves a favor and make sure you know exactly what an item is before paying for something you think is a screaming deal. We have had to ban people who sell such items from the site when these situations have been brought to our attention so please make sure you are careful in what you purchase.

Sincerely,
Chris

Marshall
07-18-2014, 03:11 PM
Thanks for the input. I just hope somebody doesn't waste hard earned money on it and then regret it later.....

So that jersey apparently is not GOLDEN, I mean GOLDIN. :)
The MJ Shoes on Goldin are pretty sharp that end tonight.

Ken I'm waiting on you to bring us a real MJ Finals jersey.

Are there any real MJ Finals jerseys in the hobby that anyone has seen or knows of?

nickacs
07-18-2014, 03:54 PM
As others here have said, stay far away. A jersey of that caliber should be coming with a CharitiBulls letters not some scrap paper from Jim. LOL.

I have not seen a REAL/legit one with proper documentation/provenance ever. Yes, there has been some offered on HA, Legendary, AMI/BMI, etc but most of those bogus ones came from our buddy Lampson.

I'd love to find one too, but my guess is Mr. J has them all for himself or someone has one and won't give it up :)

Good luck!