PDA

View Full Version : Hammered 2010 season-worn Dallas Cowboys Danny McCray game jersey with 11 team repairs & photomatched!

scottishcowboy41
07-14-2014, 10:39 AM
Here we have for sale an absolutely hammered Dallas Cowboys game used jersey. I am sadly parting with this one from my collection, to help fund the family summer vacation.

This Cowboys game jersey was worn by back-up safety and special teams captain #40 Danny McCray for all the games the Cowboys played wearing white jerseys during the 2010 season, including the preseason games. The jersey is tagged 09-44 but was not used until the 2010 season. The jersey was used all of 2010, so it has the 50th anniversary patch on the chest.

The wear evident on this jersey is incredible, as you would from a jersey used all season. (The photo’s don’t do it justice as white is not easy to photograph.) McCray was a real “no fear” special team’s ace for Dallas, which shows given the massive pounding this jersey has taken! The jersey has 11 team repairs in total, the worst (or best!) being the large gash on the right hand sleeve stripe and the other gash on the front of the right shoulder. There are scuffs, unrepaired holes, pad burns, friction marks etc, in various areas on the jersey. The inside of the jersey fabric is heavily bobbled due to friction from game-use and team wash-wear. The jersey has been team-laundered after every game and the spandex sections have blued slightly as is common with white multi-game Cowboys jerseys. The blue Reebok logos on the sleeves have gone purple, which is a real tale-tell sign of a jersey worn for a season worth of games.

I have photomatched the jersey to many games during the 2010 season. I have some huge high-def photo's from Getty and AP Images on file which you can zoom in on your computer screen to see very close-up detail. The team repairs and mesh patterns on the actual jersey are clearly visible in the huge photo's of McCray wearing the jersey. I have highlighted the best matches in red.

The jersey was purchased from Brad at “Shafrancollectibles” who is a well respected GUU forum member. With the Cowboys-Steiner contract no more, Brad bought a massive inventory of Cowboys game jerseys a couple of years ago. When Steiner did their big clear-out of Cowboys game gear, very little of it was serial numbered and hologrammed. Most of the stuff just came with a small plastic COA card instead of the traditional Cowboys-Steiner letter. Also most items were just categorized at “game issued” in the clear-out, as was case case with this McCray jersey, despite clearly showing massive game wear.

I am looking to sell the jersey at $165 which includes tracked shipping and the high-def photo's I bought. If interested, please post your email address and I will contact you.

I can only upload 10 photo’s at a time, so I will add the rest of the photo’s in a few separate posts below. As per forum rules, I have had to shrink the photo’s down a lot to load them on the website. If you want me to email you the original size high-def photo’s to see all the photomatch detailing, to aid you with your decision, please just ask.

scottishcowboy41
07-14-2014, 10:43 AM
Here are more photo's.

scottishcowboy41
07-14-2014, 10:45 AM
Here's the game photo's.

scottishcowboy41
07-14-2014, 10:59 AM
And finally, here are some matches, circled in red. There are lots of other matches using more mesh patterns, badge placements, seams, stitchin, game wear etc. They are easier to see when you have the jersey in hand and the full size images on your computer screen, rather than the shrunked images required for the GUU forum.

scottishcowboy41
07-14-2014, 11:58 AM
Jersey sold. Thanks!