PDA

View Full Version : Cardinals Winter Warm Up auction items

DonTheLegend
12-22-2006, 01:14 PM
just thought i'd pass these lists along.

there are some nice items scattered in.

http://stlouis.cardinals.mlb.com/stl/downloads/Auction_Sheets.pdf

DonTheLegend
12-22-2006, 01:16 PM
should also mention that the list is in a PDF file.

you'll need Adobe or something comparable to view.

suave1477
12-22-2006, 01:35 PM
Don are you or is anyone else going to this auction?

DonTheLegend
12-23-2006, 12:10 AM
Don are you or is anyone else going to this auction?

yes, i'll be there Saturday and Sunday.

DonTheLegend
01-07-2007, 11:47 PM
http://stlouis.cardinals.mlb.com/stl/downloads/early_bird_form.pdf

i attend this event every year and have been going since Cardinals Care started doing this deal in 97' and every year i am more shocked and amazed than the year before.

this years list is no different then last years and the year before that.

$50 for Scott Spiezio and Adam Wianwright? they are just this years version of Bo Hart ($45 a couple of years ago.....and who is Bo Hart you may ask). $125 for David Eckstien?? seriously? WS MVP or not. he is not worth that. not even on a WS ball.

i totally understand that its a chartity event, however, its a bit ridiculous for a bench player and a rookie who was 2-1 with a 3.12 ERA in 2006.

hell, HOF'er Red Schoendienst is only $55.

a buddy said to me " its what people will pay". if that were true (which im sure that it is) how would they know this?? i havent seen any $50 Wainwright photos floating around.

anyhow, i will go and see what i can get for "free" (not really considering the $40 pass) and what kind of GU items i can come away with.

mlrtme17
01-08-2007, 12:30 AM
Yeah I was actually surprised that the prices weren't inflated even more. I was also shocked to see Pujols was $150 for the second straight year. I think that's the biggest steal on there.

The Cardinals really need to think about finding a bigger place to hold the warm up. You can't move an inch in those ballrooms.

DonTheLegend
01-08-2007, 01:31 AM
Yeah I was actually surprised that the prices weren't inflated even more. I was also shocked to see Pujols was $150 for the second straight year. I think that's the biggest steal on there.

The Cardinals really need to think about finding a bigger place to hold the warm up. You can't move an inch in those ballrooms.

i agree on both accounts. $50 for Scott Spiezio is a ripoff, $150 for Pujols is a steal if you consider what it costs to buy something from his charity.

the Millenium is packed wall to wall when the thing isnt sold out. i can only imagine what it will be like now that all of the passes are gone before the event even begins.

from what i understand, they(the hotel) donate the space. maybe thats the reason for Cardinals Care not moving it to a different venue.