PDA

View Full Version : Arismandy Alcantara blasts #1

sox83cubs84
07-13-2014, 09:25 PM
Alcantara launched his first MLB homer earlier today. It landed in the right field "Bud Light" bleachers, and was retrieved by a fan, so we shouldn't see it on eBay, like might have happened if one of the Waveland Avenue Legends-In-Their-Own-Minds had corralled it. Of note, additionally, is the possibility of getting Alcantara's 1st HR jersey on Cubs or MLB Auctions. It won't be hard to spot, as the Cubs wore 1962-67 style TBTC uniforms today, with the skinnier red C in the Cubs crest and the cute bear patch on the left sleeve. Good luck to all on GUU who decide to pursue this.

Dave Miedema

Wrigley2010
07-13-2014, 09:47 PM
Alcantara is my second favorite Cubs prospect next to Baez and I think he has a bright future!! If this jersey makes it way to auction I will definitely make a run for it! It would look great displayed next to Arismendy's game used fielders glove and bat I have :D

wildjimmy
07-14-2014, 12:43 PM
I was thinking the same thing and hope it is offered in the weekly auction but will probably be out of my price range. I did recently post my Peoria game worn jersey of his on eBay recently.

vdsporty25
07-14-2014, 03:53 PM
Hes a really fun player to watch! This wave of talent coming is exciting!

BigChrisLit
07-14-2014, 07:38 PM
I spoke to someone at Cubs Authentics today and asked about the jersey. The rep said they weren't sure if it will be listed right away; they said they weren't sure if he wanted to keep it or not.

Take it for what it's worth.

CubbyBear8
07-15-2014, 01:49 PM
They did not include it for auction with the rest of them that went up today..

sox83cubs84
07-23-2014, 10:44 PM
There are a couple of consolation prizes, it appears. MLB Auctions has the lineup cards from hi 1st HR game and his 1st MLB game offered for bids (separately) until 8PM CST July 27.

Dave M.