PDA

View Full Version : Beware: Fake Derek Jeter game used bat on eBay

gameusedbat
07-12-2014, 03:06 PM
Watch out for eBay seller "momtoluisandkati" selling fake game used items. Mysteriously, the seller seems to have "misplaced" Steiner COAs on a fake Derek Jeter game used bat (http://www.ebay.com/itm/181461430973) (item #181461430973) and also a Yankees game used bag (http://www.ebay.com/itm/251576588529) (item #251576588529)they sold as Derek Jeter's used bag last week. Guess what? Both Steiner COAs were lost! :confused:

I spoke to a Steiner representative over the phone on 7/11 and made them aware of the seller and the fake Derek Jeter game used bat that someone has affixed a Steiner game used hologram to try to rip somebody off. That is a retail Derek Jeter replica bat. You can see the underlined 125 and low-quality wood.

To make things worse, look at those nasty fake ball marks and pay attention to the paint job on the bat. It's a retail paint job. Jeter's gamers would have a Smith double-dipped finish in most cases, or they would be a standard black finish where you would see the wood grain.

My general perspective on this is if it happens once it might be a fluke, if it happens twice it might be a coincidence, and if it happens three times it's a trend. This seller is now attempting to sell a replica Derek Jeter bat that has been doctored to appear as game-used with a Steiner game used hologram days after selling a Derek Jeter game used bag with lost COA.

A Steiner representative said they would contact eBay to have the bat removed, but as far as I can see it's still up. If any of you forum readers have a chance, please report this item to eBay so momtoluisandkati can't rip anyone off on eBay!!! (BTW, notice how the seller has made bidders private for this particular auction)

Typically, I try not to pass judgement on the seller of a fake item, but in this case everything looks really fishy and bad for eBay seller momtoluisandkati ... whatever they're up to, they know it otherwise they wouldn't be hiding bidder's identities IMO. Shill bidding? Very sketchy seller. :mad:

I've attached photos of the fake Jeter bat for everyone to see just in case eBay pulls it and the seller tries to re-list it. Stay away!!!

gameusedbat
07-12-2014, 03:18 PM
I did a bit more digging into the seller MOMTOLUISANDKATI and you won't believe what I discovered...

BUSTED!!! On 6/25/2014 the same seller purchased this exact bat on eBay without any ball marks for $199!

Check it out on eBay item #271532018799 (http://www.ebay.com/itm/271532018799)

You'll even notice the same exact "32 o" marking in silver on the knob.

This is the same exact bat and the seller doctored it within the last 2 weeks and re-listed it on eBay as game used!!!

Look at comparison pictures of the two knobs.... there's no doubt.

I hope that eBay bans this seller for good!!!!

anthony3133
07-12-2014, 04:22 PM
Great catch and you did everyone a great service with your legwork on this item. UNBELIEVABLE!! Thank you!

STLHAMMER32
07-12-2014, 04:47 PM
Another red flag with the bat is the underlined 125 even if you ignore the rest

COWBOYS4EVR
07-13-2014, 10:35 AM
I've had a run in with this guy. But with his so called
game used footballs. Most if not all are fakes, with the
with him using a sharpie to make the ref marks. I inquired
About a ball 4 months ago. He stated it was a cowboys 2010
Game used ball. I asked for the date code initials, I checked an the
Ball was dated from 2012 season. After I told him I couldn't be, all
The other balls he was selling had rub damage in the
same area. Hmmmm go figure. I sent him pic's of the before shots
An he was pretty much speechless.
Now he offers them with some cheap COA
with sticker. I asked if there was a data base for his COA's, or a business
Like PSA/DNA. He said it was in the process. Then tells me that Steiner doesn't
Have a data base for there COA's.
I told him, Steiner is a actual million dollar business by phone and online an has
been around awhile. Not some shady, misrepresenting eBay seller
that forges.

bgakladd
07-13-2014, 11:12 AM
I was showing some interest in the signed Marcus Allen Super Bowl presentation ball he has. It came up about 2 weeks ago. The autograph seems good on it, but since I saw the Jeter bat and checked his feedback and what he did to the bat I am not pursuing it any farther. By the way the Jeter bat listing is ended.

RMoody
07-13-2014, 11:28 AM
I too had a run in with this guy over a Andrew Luck helmet.

Guy listed a revolution helmet with a white mask, which the Colts haven't worn since like 1994 and obviously not in the last 3 years.

He clearly lists it as a "Game Helmet" , when pressed his response was this;

It's an authentic, not a replica revolution helmet. This is NOT a "game used" helmet. It would be worth WAY more if it was. It is authentic, not a cheap replica.

Then later he has a change of heart over listing it as a "Game Helmet"

I just read the description on the helmet on eBay and the way I worded it is confusing. I do not want to mislead. I'm changing it now. Thank you for asking the question.

He went back to the old way, the next listing and it sold to some poor person. Guy really damages the hobby two ways, I've bought really nice "homemade" stuff that displays great for a fraction of the price. He really drives business away from those guys with poor work. Then obviously he also misleads many people into buying a product polar opposite of what it really is.

GMEN92
07-13-2014, 03:43 PM
Well it seems to be a trend of the seller is buying stuff and trying to relist at a higher asking price... And as we see was now pointed out that the seller has doctored some of the items...

I personally bought a game ball from this seller with 9/11 ribbon and was presented as ready for use and was used for presentation But those balls were never game used seller told me.. and appeares they bought the ball a month ago as I looked on there feedback and was new in box.. And apparently I didn't get the box .. Because mine was supposedly taking off the feild.. Well now we see that was a bunch of bs...

But great work on the Jeter bat ..
Hopefully someone didn't get burned ..

Any info on how to tell what year the balls were used would be a great help. Thanks

RMoody
07-13-2014, 06:37 PM
I was at a Wilson demo a year or so back. They were making balls there.

Every ball sent to a team is should have the team name etched in, now an exception may be made with the logo balls.

Personally, I've was told every ball gets brushed and tacked by the equipment manager and those balls are then taken by each team to the game. A K ball will not be brushed but marked or stamped K right away.

I suppose it is possible that some of those balls are not used for a particular event, but it's not going to even be thought of "on field" without the equipment manager prepping it.

If I were you, I'd request a full refund. More than likely it's a retail ball, unless the prior auction said otherwise. Even then how much do you trust it's the same ball if it has no real way to photo match.

RMoody
07-13-2014, 06:51 PM
Here are some Ebay numbers to help you, keeping in mind cameras and lighting vary the results are pretty similar.

Bears game ball, not used but you can tell how dark it is even in the bag. Clearly it's been brushed and tacked. 141341056931

Broncos game ball, used and dark. Has the BCA logo, and Broncos etching. Also has team and ref markings on front panel.171384886207

Jets "game ball" , no markings or use, noticeably lighter than prior two. Does however have etching. I would figure teams get a large amount of the BCA and Salute balls to ensure they can last the month. The overflow then has to be purged somehow. 181462448825

That said, to me knowing the BCA balls are done that way, the 9/11 must be until I saw something that proved me they absolutely weren't.

gameusedbat
07-13-2014, 10:42 PM
It sounds like eBay seller MOMTOLUISANDKATI has been up to more than just faking Derek Jeter game used memorabilia...

After reviewing auctions won and listed by the same seller, it is apparent that this seller purchases NFL game ready footballs and re-sells them as game-used, not before adding a low-quality authentication sticker from GR8/DNA, what appears to be his/her own attempt at a Certificate of Authenticity signed by Mark Jacobs.

FAKE! FAKE! FAKE! :mad:

It seems as though the seller removed the bat from eBay. However, this criminal is still out there ripping off many innocent people. I've added additional photos of his fake Derek Jeter game used bat.

Do any of you with prior dealings with eBay seller MOMTOLUISANDKATI know if Mark Jacobs is the seller?

xsentrixsupra
07-14-2014, 09:30 PM
I've seen this guy selling supposed game used footballs. I'm very glad I have passed on them.

gmen2012
07-15-2014, 05:47 PM
I've fell victim to a Game Used football that was passed off to be something that it wasn't from this seller. I've learned thankfully through a friend of mine on this board that had me take a look at this thread.

That person is aware of this thread and states that this was all a misunderstanding and was part of a black mail threat and retaliation that has resulted in all of this.

Oh and the "guy" is actually a women, or so they claim.

COWBOYS4EVR
07-15-2014, 05:58 PM
Funny. Last time I talked to him, he said his wife worked for an NFL team
an that's how he was getting these balls.

gameusedbat
10-01-2014, 12:57 AM
:mad: He's back trying to rip people off on eBay again :mad:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/251661011740

MOMTOLUISANDKATI should be banner from eBay!

To report this item to eBay, click here (http://ocs.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ReportItemMember&items=251661011740&seller=momtoluisandkati&active=1&state=1).

:confused: Spread the word :confused:

seanbaseball
10-01-2014, 09:39 PM
Game used bag is listed on ebay. MLB authentication sticker on it does not show up in MLB registry????:confused:

beachpetrol
10-01-2014, 11:20 PM
Oh and the "guy" is actually a women, or so they claim.

The reflection in the Notre Dame helmet begs to differ....

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-IN-BOX-NOTRE-DAME-IRISH-SPECIAL-GOLD-CHROME-SCHUTT-FULL-SIZE-REPLICA-HELMET-/181541498087?pt=US_NCAA_Fan_Shop&hash=item2a44b76ce7

helf35
10-03-2014, 08:23 AM
:mad: He's back trying to rip people off on eBay again :mad:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/251661011740

MOMTOLUISANDKATI should be banner from eBay!

To report this item to eBay, click here (http://ocs.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ReportItemMember&items=251661011740&seller=momtoluisandkati&active=1&state=1).

:confused: Spread the word :confused:

Some poor sap just paid $700 for this. Its funny i didnt see any photos of the underlined 125 in this one. He must have forgotten to include that photo with the paperwork. What a piece of garbage.

helf35
10-03-2014, 08:30 AM
Wow also just noticed the numbers on the knob have been removed. How can ebay seriously let these scumbags do this? Unbelievable.

yanks12025
10-24-2014, 02:55 PM
I noticed this seller sold a peyton manning football that was also photo matched. So is some of their items good or did they fake the ball to make it look like a match?? But that jeter bat was horrible and can't believe some idiot paid $700.

BernBabyBern
11-06-2014, 08:54 AM
I could be wrong. But I think I just saw this fake Jeter bat on the current Steiner auction. Take a look. .Somebody better let them know to pull it. Pablo

TG19
11-06-2014, 09:20 AM
http://auction.steinersports.com/Derek-Jeter-Game-Used-Bat-LOT23636.aspx

helf35
11-06-2014, 10:35 AM
Did they seriously buy this bat from this guy to re sell it on there website? How can they not know this is not a Jeter Gamer?

BernBabyBern
11-06-2014, 11:43 AM
I'm thinking folks can consign items to Steiner.

Redcar23
11-06-2014, 12:24 PM
the listing has been removed.

helf35
09-22-2015, 08:37 AM
It's Back!!!!

http://m.ebay.com/itm/DEREK-JETER-GAME-USED-NEW-YORK-YANKEES-BASEBALL-BAT-STEINER-SPORTS-HOLOGRAM-/291569115041?nav=SEARCH

marino13
09-22-2015, 08:50 AM
It's Back!!!!

http://m.ebay.com/itm/DEREK-JETER-GAME-USED-NEW-YORK-YANKEES-BASEBALL-BAT-STEINER-SPORTS-HOLOGRAM-/291569115041?nav=SEARCH

I was about to post the same thing ....

Wow ---- it has every characteristic of being a gamer ---- not to mention the Steinersports hologram (wonder where this came from), and best of all, don't be fool by the UNDERLINE 125. :D

It is a Jeter's gamer!

lengthwise1
09-22-2015, 02:33 PM
don't be fool by the UNDERLINE 125. :D

It is a Jeter's gamer!

does the underlined 125 note a store model?

marino13
09-22-2015, 04:40 PM
does the underlined 125 note a store model?

To the rest of the game used universe --- it is a store model.

But to the uneducated and easily fooled --- it is a gamer. And because of this, sellers will love to take advantage of the uneducated collectors. :D

3arod13
09-23-2015, 03:37 PM
From the seller: The person that sold me the bat told me it was game used. I did not know. I too was taken for a fool. k/r

lengthwise1
09-23-2015, 06:22 PM
To the rest of the game used universe --- it is a store model.

But to the uneducated and easily fooled --- it is a gamer. And because of this, sellers will love to take advantage of the uneducated collectors. :D

thx for the info, I always like a day when I learn something new!