PDA

View Full Version : PSA/DNA issues

helf35
07-10-2014, 08:33 AM
Last year I had a bat authenticated at the national and paid with a credit card and picked up about an hour or 2 later. For the last year I keep getting invoiced to pay $95 dollars for the service. I finally got a reply about 5 minutes after I sent a very frustrated message and threatened leagal action for harrasment because I have answered one every month since last October. I was asked to send proof of payment which I did and have gotten no reply back in 2 weeks. I should not have to send proof anyway if those dopes would do there research they could clearly find record of payment because i was charged. I requested some sort of compenstation such as a free submission only to hear crickets. Anyone else had any issues with this?

danesei@yahoo.com
07-10-2014, 05:04 PM
I've never encountered this problem, though, legally, I don't think they did anything that would constitute harassment. One inquiry per month for an assumed debt seems completely non-intrusive. I doubt you would have been able to find an attorney willing to take your case, and I doubt a judge would have heard the case, if you did follow through on your intent to seek legal recourse.

Burden of proof on Collectors Universe would be to show that you were invoiced for services rendered. This would establish a burden on you to prove that payment was tendered. Now that you've satisfied their request for proof of payment, I think the issue is settled. Basically, going the litigious route would have resulted in the same outcome (you showing proof of payment), with the additional cost of time in seeking out the counsel of an attorney. Maybe if you could show a malicious trend, you could have an actionable class, but it seems to be an isolated incident without malice.

volunteer
07-10-2014, 05:19 PM
I have not had this problem. But I saw many cards they had graded turned out to be fake(mostly minor league), and when I emailed them they didn't seem very responsive.

danesei@yahoo.com
07-10-2014, 06:13 PM
I have not had this problem. But I saw many cards they had graded turned out to be fake(mostly minor league), and when I emailed them they didn't seem very responsive.

On trading cards, PSA does have the guarantee, so if the card does turn out to be fake (as you're claiming), they would either replace it or buy it back from you.

volunteer
07-10-2014, 08:36 PM
On trading cards, PSA does have the guarantee, so if the card does turn out to be fake (as you're claiming), they would either replace it or buy it back from you.

I don't own them, I was just commenting on PSA's lackadaisical attitude. A consignor named probstein123 sells them now.

helf35
07-10-2014, 09:00 PM
I've never encountered this problem, though, legally, I don't think they did anything that would constitute harassment. One inquiry per month for an assumed debt seems completely non-intrusive. I doubt you would have been able to find an attorney willing to take your case, and I doubt a judge would have heard the case, if you did follow through on your intent to seek legal recourse.

Burden of proof on Collectors Universe would be to show that you were invoiced for services rendered. This would establish a burden on you to prove that payment was tendered. Now that you've satisfied their request for proof of payment, I think the issue is settled. Basically, going the litigious route would have resulted in the same outcome (you showing proof of payment), with the additional cost of time in seeking out the counsel of an attorney. Maybe if you could show a malicious trend, you could have an actionable class, but it seems to be an isolated incident without malice.

My issue was I have sent proof of a reciept every time yet I keep getting the invoice emails. It has been paid for at the show a year ago yet they keep demanding payment. I think as a company as large as PSA this is something that should be straightened out quickly. What's even more comical is when I send out a pissed off angry reply I get an email within 10 minutes asking for proof of payment, yet when I show proof of payment then crickets.......

danesei@yahoo.com
07-10-2014, 11:56 PM
My issue was I have sent proof of a reciept every time yet I keep getting the invoice emails. It has been paid for at the show a year ago yet they keep demanding payment. I think as a company as large as PSA this is something that should be straightened out quickly. What's even more comical is when I send out a pissed off angry reply I get an email within 10 minutes asking for proof of payment, yet when I show proof of payment then crickets.......

Ahh, okay. From your original post, it wasn't clear that you had sent the proof of payment multiple times. It sounded like you only looked for it when you wrote the angry email.

Personally, for any problems that I've encountered, I've noticed that contacting Joe or Jackie usually gets things solved. :)

volunteer
07-11-2014, 01:00 AM
Last year I had a bat authenticated at the national and paid with a credit card and picked up about an hour or 2 later. For the last year I keep getting invoiced to pay $95 dollars for the service. I finally got a reply about 5 minutes after I sent a very frustrated message and threatened leagal action for harrasment because I have answered one every month since last October. I was asked to send proof of payment which I did and have gotten no reply back in 2 weeks. I should not have to send proof anyway if those dopes would do there research they could clearly find record of payment because i was charged. I requested some sort of compenstation such as a free submission only to hear crickets. Anyone else had any issues with this?

Your proof payment is the authenticated bat. Because they will not authenticate anything before verifying payment first!

danesei@yahoo.com
07-11-2014, 05:28 AM
Your proof payment is the authenticated bat. Because they will not authenticate anything before verifying payment first!

This is a false statement. I've received my bat back prior to seeing the charge post on my account in the past.

Nnunnari
07-11-2014, 08:51 AM
Same thing happened to me.

volunteer
07-11-2014, 09:18 AM
This is a false statement. I've received my bat back prior to seeing the charge post on my account in the past.

I was stating what PSA fine print states on their website and forms.