PDA

View Full Version : Dealing with GU reps for ASG items

Enyouartist
07-09-2014, 05:36 PM
Has someone educate me on how this works? Last couple of years, I feel like I've gotten jerked around. I had interest on several items that were priced, and told my rep than I wanted to purchase the item. Then I was told someone had first priority, so I couldn't have it. Maybe it's all my fault, but I then offered $1000 more than list price. Still couldn't have it.

Then I was offered some home run balls. I really wasn't super interested, but I decided to entertain it. They were priced $750, and I offered to buy two for $1000. The rep said he would check, then he said his other rep said he had someone that offered more.

This year, I was interested in another jersey but it was priced $1000 more than last year's jersey. I was told that someone else had interest in them, so that's why it's priced higher. I just feel like I'm talking to a car salesman, and the whole thing turns me off. Would people that have had some experience post on their experiences?

MercyMe78
07-09-2014, 06:36 PM
Has someone educate me on how this works? Last couple of years, I feel like I've gotten jerked around. I had interest on several items that were priced, and told my rep than I wanted to purchase the item. Then I was told someone had first priority, so I couldn't have it. Maybe it's all my fault, but I then offered $1000 more than list price. Still couldn't have it.

Then I was offered some home run balls. I really wasn't super interested, but I decided to entertain it. They were priced $750, and I offered to buy two for $1000. The rep said he would check, then he said his other rep said he had someone that offered more.

This year, I was interested in another jersey but it was priced $1000 more than last year's jersey. I was told that someone else had interest in them, so that's why it's priced higher. I just feel like I'm talking to a car salesman, and the whole thing turns me off. Would people that have had some experience post on their experiences?

Apparently there is only one rep that is responsible for selling all of the jerseys this year and they go through him now. The two jerseys I inquired about were already sold to previous year buyers and some were still pending MLB approval.

onlyalbert
07-09-2014, 11:32 PM
Apparently there is only one rep that is responsible for selling all of the jerseys this year and they go through him now. The two jerseys I inquired about were already sold to previous year buyers and some were still pending MLB approval.

I don't think that is the case. I know fir sure multiple reps are selling the jerseys. There seems to be some fuzziness about how it all works. I was priced a range for a certain jersey. Said I'd take it. Then was told the person that bought it last year has first dibs......unless I wanted to offer $250 more. Then it would go to me. We will see how it plays out.

Chipperdr
07-09-2014, 11:37 PM
Anyone have the email for the reps?

Wrigley2010
07-09-2014, 11:47 PM
Honestly, I just wish MLB would put all of the All Star gear on their auction site. Why is a middle man needed? Let the market determine the prices!!

Also, how are they determining what these items are worth? Other than being told by MLB we want this much so see how much you can make on top of that. I think it's absurd and slightly distasteful for MLB to take this approach when making their Game Used Gear available to the fans. :mad:

The natural
07-10-2014, 05:11 AM
Anyone have the email for the reps?

Email me for information on 2014 mlb all star game
Items. I have the exclusive with mlb on game used BP jerseys
Nameplates, and other game used items from the events.

Let me know who you are interested in and I'll work on trying to
Get those items for you.

Thanks and talk to you soon.

Smcrae@thehighlandmint.com

Steven McRae

G1X
07-10-2014, 10:50 AM
Steven,

It seems that some of the same issues and complaints arose last year regarding the methodology of how the jerseys are sold. Could you please enlighten members of this Forum so that everyone has a complete understanding of how the system works?

Thank you,

Mark Hayne
Gridiron Exchange

cfern023
07-10-2014, 03:04 PM
I was offered a jersey for 1500 yesterday, to which I agreed by email. Today I got an email saying $2250 if I want it and to let him know ASAP.

The next email says someone offered 2k and it's mine for 2250. I have more integrity than that- I'm passing.

I think it'll be better to wait for the source to actually have the items in hand and buy them then. Can't get jerked around that way- either you win the bid or you don't.

This is striking me as a used car salesman without the car, and four other salesman are selling the same car.

simmo2332
07-10-2014, 03:07 PM
I was offered a jersey for 1500 yesterday, to which I agreed by email. Today I got an email saying $2250 if I want it and to let him know ASAP.

The next email says someone offered 2k and it's mine for 2250. I have more integrity than that- I'm passing.

I think it'll be better to wait for the source to actually have the items in hand and buy them then. Can't get jerked around that way- either you win the bid or you don't.

This is striking me as a used car salesman without the car, and four other salesman are selling the same car.

Bingo. Same here with another jersey situation...

yanks12025
07-10-2014, 03:37 PM

If he offered you a price and you agreed on the price, isn't that considered a legal contract? Then them making you pay higher for said item would be breaking the contract. Would it not??

simmo2332
07-10-2014, 03:56 PM
This is pretty ridiculous IMO...I was told yesterday by Steven that I had a jersey for $1,000 and he would tell MLB that I would pay that. Told that the jersey was mine and the jersey was then "reserved for me." Others had inquired about the jersey but were told that someone else had already reserved it and wasn't available. However, today I receive an email from good ol' Steven saying that another customer wants it at the SAME PRICE as me of $1,000 and I MUST OFFER $1,250 or it will go to the other person. HUH?!?!?

cfern023
07-10-2014, 04:04 PM
If he offered you a price and you agreed on the price, isn't that considered a legal contract? Then them making you pay higher for said item would be breaking the contract. Would it not??

No way for me to prove he read the email- or that he even got it.

Subpoena's would be needed for information, and at the end of the day- would all the legal hoops be worth it for a 1500 purchase?

Now, if we can prove he's done this to multiple people and if we find a legal leg to stand on it could be a problem for the seller I think.

beachpetrol
07-10-2014, 04:08 PM
Sounds like a form of Bait and Switch.

Phil316
07-10-2014, 05:13 PM
Some companies have no class, no integrity, nothing. Best thing everyone can do is save your money and not waste your time. This has been a common practice for Highland Mint.

The natural
07-10-2014, 05:31 PM
Nothing of what you all are implying, saying, and or complaining about is warranted a reply but I will not watch my name be used as a scapegoat in your little forum.

You all have my email address and if you have questions please by all means contact me directly and ask me. I will be more than happy to thoroughly explain how we deal with the ASG and how the process works.

There is no bait and switch here. There is nothing illegal going on.

You all so desperately want these items yet at the end of the day rather complain to each other instead of actually buying them. You are unhappy that someone else is getting the piece you want so badly but never pull the trigger.

We go higher and you complain. But you all try to make us go lower and that is okay. Economics 101....supply and demand. There is one item available and 25 people want it. Do you sell it to the first person in line for $1???

Again, please refrain from slandering me or my company based on no evidence. You can email me or call me anytime!!! If you truly have issues with "how to deal with reps for asg items" you shouldn't talk amongst people who have never done it.

Steven McRae
1-800-544-6134 ext 137

xpress34
07-10-2014, 05:34 PM
Email me for information on 2014 mlb all star game
Items. I have the exclusive with mlb on game used BP jerseys
Nameplates, and other game used items from the events.

Let me know who you are interested in and I'll work on trying to
Get those items for you.

Steven McRae

If you have the 'Exclusive', how come YOU'RE not writing me about Jerseys and such, but Jim Bowley is?

The natural
07-10-2014, 05:35 PM

No prices have been agreed upon. Not one...all based on MLB approval.

The natural
07-10-2014, 05:43 PM
If you have the 'Exclusive', how come YOU'RE not writing me about Jerseys and such, but Jim Bowley is?

I don't have your email and jim does.

xpress34
07-10-2014, 05:46 PM
Nothing of what you all are implying, saying, and or complaining about is warranted a reply but I will not watch my name be used as a scapegoat in your little forum.

You all have my email address and if you have questions please by all means contact me directly and ask me. I will be more than happy to thoroughly explain how we deal with the ASG and how the process works.

You all so desperately want these items yet at the end of the day rather complain to each other instead of actually buying them. You are unhappy that someone else is getting the piece you want so badly but never pull the trigger.

We go higher and you complain. But you all try to make us go lower and that is okay. Economics 101....supply and demand. There is one item available and 25 people want it. Do you sell it to the first person in line for $1???

Again, please refrain from slandering me or my company based on no evidence. You can email me or call me anytime!!! If you truly have issues with "how to deal with reps for asg items" you shouldn't talk amongst people who have never done it.

Steven McRae
1-800-544-6134 ext 137

And that attitude and disdain for those to which you pander to buy 'YOUR' exclusive's is exactly why I asked Jim Bowley to remove me from his list yesterday.

I have been offered items every year since you guys took over and when they have been offered, I have been given a price. That is a legal OFFER to SELL. You (or your rep) told me the item and YOU gave me a price.

EVERY time that I have accepted the offer, ACCEPTANCE of the offer, I have been told that I now have to offer more because someone else has an interest in it.

So don't tell me I'd rather "...complain to each other instead of actually buying them. You are unhappy that someone else is getting the piece you want so badly but never pull the trigger."

I've pulled the trigger and you and your group have done EXACTLY what the others have accused you of doing - not exactly a bait and switch - but rather, 'Oh, I'm sorry the price has gone up since I emailed you 5 minutes ago and you accepted.'

LEGALLY, when you POST a Sale Price (in writing via eMail) and send it out, the 1st person to Accept your offer has a LEGALLY binding deal with you - but you'd rather turn a blind eye and start making it a BLIND bidding war and as far as anyone knows, there is NO other buyer, you are just shilling the 1st person for every penny you can make.

If the jerseys keep going up, why not sell them in an open and transparent auction or bidding style where everyone can see EXACTLY what the current offer is on any given item? Why so secretive?

But I digress - I've been shafted enough trying to buy from Highland Mint ever since you guys took over this process, and I for one am no longer interested in playing your game.

Good day sir.

xpress34
07-10-2014, 05:47 PM
I don't have your email and jim does.

Which means that HIGHLAND MINT has the 'Exclusive', not YOU.

Phil316
07-10-2014, 06:20 PM
For the record no slandering is happening when we all speak the truth. This has been happening the last few years. Just do a forum search.

cfern023
07-10-2014, 06:31 PM

Steven McRae
1-800-544-6134 ext 137

In your slander argument- feel free to show me what I said was not the truth.

You offered an item, I agreed (or you never saw it) and then you offered the same piece again at $700 higher.

nickacs
07-10-2014, 07:11 PM
Wow, this HM guy is mouthing off like a complete tool to this "little forum".
I have zero interest in MLB ASG memorabilia, but reading this thread makes me laugh and completely angry at the same time.

If you say that you "can't" sell the item offered to the first person for $1, and would rather jack it up by getting 25 people all interested in an item, then like others said, PUT THE ITEMS IN AUCTION. Makes perfect sense.

To use your analogy, so if I go into a car showroom and the sticker price of the car I want is $20k and I offer $18.5k in cash right there/ready to drive off the lot, you really think the salesman is not going to sell me the car, waiting for another buyer to offer higher price or sticker price? HAHAHA, F NO!

If the 1st person in line for your items agrees to your price and is willing to pay right there for it, then they should get it, plain and simple. PERIOD. No argument. If you want to get the max price for it, then put it in an auction and then you'll get your items bidding up and selling for A LOT more than what your offering them for. It's a 100% win-win situation for you.

But whatever...sounds like you should take your business elsewhere off this "little forum" as you call it. Seems you have zero interest in letting anyone from here buy an item from you for the agreed price. Have fun! :rolleyes:

GoTigers
07-10-2014, 08:09 PM
This should be an easy one...explain your "process" on purchasing publicly on the forum, or don't shill your items here and deal with your bad press.

The natural
07-10-2014, 09:21 PM
Which means that HIGHLAND MINT has the 'Exclusive', not YOU.

I work for and am one of the senior reps there, so since they have the exclusive, I do to then. And your reply about me is taken the wrong way. I'm just standing up for me and my company. You seem very angry at me and you have never once spoken to me.

And so you know, I never once said a sale price on my emails. Each of then specifically said that all prices were estimates and based on last years prices. Also that all needed to be approved by mlb.

Sorry you don't understand and won't be open to listening.

cfern023
07-10-2014, 09:29 PM
I work for and am one of the senior reps there, so since they have the exclusive, I do to then. And your reply about me is taken the wrong way. I'm just standing up for me and my company. You seem very angry at me and you have never once spoken to me.

And so you know, I never once said a sale price on my emails. Each of then specifically said that all prices were estimates and based on last years prices. Also that all needed to be approved by mlb.

Here's where you said a final sold price, and offered it at the same time. Below that is me telling you in so many words to bleep off.

--------
The principle of there being only one available and MLB wanting the highest price??

Are you sure that is why you are passing? $2250 and it is yours. It is SOLD at $2000.

I am just letting you know about the item that you wanted....

Steven J. McRae
Account Executive
The Highland Mint
800-544-6135 Ext. 137
321-773-2727 Ext. 137
321-777-9500 (Fax)
smcrae@thehighlandmint.com
www.thehighlandmint.com

-------------

Thank you,
The last email you sent yes, offered the jersey for 1500. The current email email now says 2250.

I'll pass, just on the principal of it.

Sent from my iPhone
--------

Phil316
07-10-2014, 10:45 PM
cfern023 nice to see you have morals. It gets very frustrating dealing with this type of business model.

onlyalbert
07-10-2014, 11:16 PM
Well this all seems like a rehash of last years posts on the same topic. What they are doing is holding their own silent auction or just shilling. I posted earlier about "my" jersey. So I was told that at 2K it was probably going to get it but the guy that bought it last year might get to make another offer.....might. Well today was told that he in fact offered 2500 and do I want to offer 2750? I said pass. Now why would he go from 2K to 2500? My guess, someone else offered 2250 before he could speak up. And apparently the bid increment is 250....seems to be universal. And my rep is different than the names mentioned so far. How many reps are there?

xpress34
07-11-2014, 01:36 AM

Steven -

I don't want to argue semantics, but your statement was that YOU are the Exclusive Rep (worded to sound like you - the individual) and that (much like the 'offers' from other reps) isn't as black and white as you made it sound. Try to sell it however you want, but Highland Mint is the Exclusive Rep - you are an Agent of the company. And since (per my previous eMail experiences with Jim) the Reps all have access to the entire inventory (I have been told many times that 'another rep' has a better offer on the item I was offered) then YOU (again) do NOT have the 'Exclusive' no matter how you wnat to dress it up... but again, I digress.

I am not 'angry' at you, but the company you represent has very questionable 'ethics' when it comes to how you handle the selling of these items - and you, Jim, etc are the 'agents' (Representatives) and while you personally may not say sale prices in your eMails, other reps (Jim for one) have and as I said previously, offering an item for a price in writing (and yes, an eMail is a written offer) and then reneging on the offer when its accepted could be construed as Breach of Contract and be actionable under contract law.

As for not understanding? I understand very well, your company plans to collect as many eMails of potential buyers as possible and them pit them against each other in a blind bidding war where each 'bidder' has to trust that you actually have another bidder and aren't just running up the price as you see fit. Sorry Steven, but given the state of the hobby and the number of so called 'reputable' dealers that have gone down in the last couple of years, it's hard to trust anyone who isn't open and transparent in their actions (i.e. an auction format where bidders can actually see other registered bidders bidding against them).

Finally - again, not angry - but not impressed at all by your quick dismissal of everyone on this forum with who you personally disagree and to whom you showed such disdain with your comments. ('whining because you failed to pull the trigger', etc.)

I'm confident per the comments of other GUU members contained in this thread that you personally have not only solidified the opinions and beliefs of the forum members about HOW Highland Mint does business, but you (again personally) have probably soured even more members from having any interest in the items you represent. You basically told one of the largest Game Used collecting contingencies in the US (if not the world) that they don't understand the GU industry... My guess is that was a very poor play considering the vast knowledge of and connections in the Game Used Industry by the membership of this forum.

Maybe someday you and your other reps will understand that WE (the GUU members) aren't your average fan who is all starry-eyed when we find out a Game Used item can be obtained. We are veterans of the hobby and deserve much more respect than you showed in your initial post here.

If you don't like the way we talk about how Highland Mint does business, maybe instead of attacking one of your most promising customer bases, you should take our comments to heart and rethink and retool HOW you go about representing and selling the items in question. I'm not saying give the items away, I'm saying just be more transparent in your transactions.

- Smitty

chakes89
07-11-2014, 03:21 AM
Sounds like the "Highland Mint" needs to stick to coins and other cheap knick knacks and leave the actual memorabilia to the big boys.

jake33
07-11-2014, 08:15 AM
I am going to the ALL STAR GAME this weekend and going to the GAME USED BOOTH ran by MLB to inform them of the issues with highland Mint.

As it appears to me, they run an UNOFFICIAL AUCTION to drive up prices.

I work with a friend who has an opportunity to get a handful of jerseys before HIGHLAND can and he said the same thing, they will drive up prices out of nowhere.

I will give you the contact info at MLB to complain to...

jake33
07-11-2014, 08:24 AM
Guys if you have ISSUES WITH Highland Mint or feel tht MLB should sell the ASG gear via auction only.

BELOW IS THE rep at MLB directly that you will want to get in touch with to see if you (as a group) can get this changed.

I assume MLB has a contract with Highland Mint for the ASG gear as they act as a distributor. That contract will expire someday though.

Hernan Tudela is a GU MLB item coordinator.

His twitter account is hatman15
and he WILL respond to messages.

I will work on finding his email, but with any corporate email address... all you need to do just locate the format and duplicate it to locate the desired email.

i.e. --- bob.smith@website.mlb.com
or BSMITH@website.mlb.com
or Bobs@website.mlb.com

regardless, I will be at the All Star game to request all items to go to auction at some point.

I am not saying Highland Mint does a bad job, I am just saying NO MORE MIDDLE MAN please!

G1X
07-11-2014, 08:30 AM
Steven,

It seems that some of the same issues and complaints arose last year regarding the methodology of how the jerseys are sold. Could you please enlighten members of this Forum so that everyone has a complete understanding of how the system works?

Thank you,

Mark Hayne
Gridiron Exchange

Steven,

You could avoid creating a lot of confusion, misunderstanding, and ill feelings by simply answering my previous post. Sure, I could email and discuss with you personally, but since you have responded several times in this public forum, the least you could do is explain how the process works.

Mark Hayne
Gridiron Exchange

rufusandherschel
07-11-2014, 11:39 AM
Steven,

You could avoid creating a lot of confusion, misunderstanding, and ill feelings by simply answering my previous post. Sure, I could email and discuss with you personally, but since you have responded several times in this public forum, the least you could do is explain how the process works.

Mark Hayne
Gridiron Exchange

+ 1

ocab87
07-11-2014, 12:47 PM

Hilarious! The exact scenario happened to me for the SAME Giancarlo Stanton jersey! Steve told me, "if you agree to the $1500 its yours"! I of course agreed and was told the price had increased to $2250???!!! I refused Steve's increase and told him that HM will never "earn" my business! How are these people still in business??? Disgusting considering in the same email Steve said, "I am excited to begin our business relationship"!!! At this point they couldn't give me the jersey considering the lack of character shown!

xpress34
07-11-2014, 01:04 PM
After hurrying here to 'defend' his company and slam GUU members, and tell us how we don't understand the 'system', I find it quite amusing that now all we hear (read) is crickets from Steven/HM when asked to explain the 'system' openly in a public forum.

rufusandherschel
07-11-2014, 01:11 PM
Hilarious! The exact scenario happened to me for the SAME Giancarlo Stanton jersey! Steve told me, "if you agree to the $1500 its yours"! I of course agreed and was told the price had increased to $2250???!!! I refused Steve's increase and told him that HM will never "earn" my business! How are these people still in business??? Disgusting considering in the same email Steve said, "I am excited to begin our business relationship"!!! At this point they couldn't give me the jersey considering the lack of character shown!

In this thread, the Highland Mint rep is described as acting akin to a used car salesperson. From what I've been reading, that's an insult to people who sell used cars!

ocab87
07-11-2014, 01:35 PM
In this thread, the Highland Mint rep is described as acting akin to a used car salesperson. From what I've been reading, that's an insult to people who sell used cars!

+1

brewcrew
07-11-2014, 01:55 PM
I don't post here very often (and there are a variety of reasons for that), so my opinion may not carry the same weight as those of other posters, but I do feel that I have to share my own experiences with the Highland Mint, since they appear to be vastly different from those of others who have shared their stories.

As you can probably guess from my username, I focus on the Brewers. For the past four years, I have purchased ASG jerseys through Jim Bowley. I view these jerseys not only as unique collectibles from my favorite players, but it's also a practical matter for me as (oddly enough) MLB and The Highland Mint set prices on these items that are significantly more affordable than what the Brewers charge for similar products.

I have never had an issue working with Jim. It may be because of my personality, or because I am relatively easygoing, or because I'm a chick or because I am going after players for whom there is little competition. But there has never been any issue with me having to pay more for a jersey or being in competition with another collector. Jim has quoted me prices and has been quick to honor them. I think he's even fought for me a couple of years to get MLB to agree to the price that he had initially quoted.

I know I do not speak for everyone. Clearly some on this board have had some negative experiences, and I cannot speak to them. Nor can I speak to any practices from any other representative, or even the practices of my representative when it comes to his other customers. But I have sincerely appreciated Jim's loyalty. I know that he knows that I am a collector first, and that my budget is not huge. We have a good working relationship and I appreciate it.

I think the problem is twofold here (and NO, I am not blaming anyone else on this board when I say this). We have people who have staked claim to items through their representatives, at a price quoted. That has purportedly always been the process and should continue to be so. Initial sales should be the end of the discussion. Period. So when someone else comes up offering more for the piece, the representative's response should be, "That jersey has been sold." Not, "Oh, let me see if I can drive up the price."

I am not saying this is happening, although perhaps it is. But I think buyers have a responsibility too, both to themselves and to the hobby - when someone else has already purchased a jersey, you shouldn't waltz in and offer a higher price to see if you can get it for yourself. That's just not classy, especially if you're dealing with a representative who thinks that's kosher. Of course, that is just my opinion, but I know that when I have bought directly from teams, MLB, etc., before, when I am told that an item is no longer available, I don't say, "Let me see if I can get them to sell it to me at a higher price." I just tell myself that it wasn't my time, and there are other items available down the road.

This hobby is getting more and more cutthroat and perhaps that is part of the reason why I keep most of my thoughts to myself. We're all human beings here. We all have families, lives, responsibilities, and feelings. And it makes me sad that we can't all just come together and appreciate our mutual love of baseball. I don't want to see these jerseys go to auction - and maybe that's selfish of me, because it probably means I'll be priced out of the market. I just want to see people being treated fairly.

I do not wish to speak out of turn, but that is just my .02 (or maybe less, LOL!).

helf35
07-11-2014, 08:11 PM
I too have only dealt with Jim exclusively and so far I have no complaints. I picked up a few items and I never felt I was being bid up. He has been honest and forthright with the prices he has quoted me and has been pretty accurate when he gave me the prices. He has answered every email within the hour during reasonable times. I was the first to ask on a few items and he has honored my first dibs. He has also understood my budget and has let me know when items have came up within my budget. I have never spoken with Steven but so far from what I have read it seems as though they have different sales tactics.

johnsontravis@ymail.com
07-11-2014, 08:41 PM
Funny thing here is how people are all mad because they think it isn't fair when they come to a price and someone offers more.

I'm sorry but if you agree via email a price and 5minutes later you are offered $1,000 more or any sizable chunk you are taking that second offer. Anyone callling the first one a contract is pretty funny, it isn't anything. Until you send payment, win the auction, or sign something you have nothing.

That being said HMs way of selling these items is really stupid...and possibly shady. But if you don't like it simply don't buy from them.

G1X
07-11-2014, 10:26 PM
Funny thing here is how people are all mad because they think it isn't fair when they come to a price and someone offers more.

I'm sorry but if you agree via email a price and 5minutes later you are offered $1,000 more or any sizable chunk you are taking that second offer. Anyone callling the first one a contract is pretty funny, it isn't anything. Until you send payment, win the auction, or sign something you have nothing.

Sorry, but I could not do that. If I agree to a deal, then I have to honor that deal, no matter the amount someone offers after the fact. I find it highly unethical not to do so. It's about keeping my word and being fair. But those are my personal ethics, and I would never try to force them on anyone else.

As for the comments and assumptions about contracts, it won't be so funny when the other party is laughing all the way to the bank after being awarded a judgment. I am not going to get into a legal debate other than to say that the concept of "offer and acceptance", which is the basics of contract law, is worth a quick read.

Mark Hayne
Gridiron Exchange

Wrigley2010
07-11-2014, 11:37 PM

That being said HMs way of selling these items is really stupid...and possibly shady. But if you don't like it simply don't buy from them.

Remind me to never do business with you... You can honestly say that you are comfortable agreeing to a purchase price then retracting that agreed to price and selling to a another buyer who may or may not have offered?

Lets keep in mind that we are not talking about a private seller here either we are talking about a business. So if I go in to Best Buy this Xmas and I'm at the checkout with the last xBox and right before they swipe my card someone from behind says they'll pay more for it then I'm no longer the buyer because I haven't paid for or signed for the item?

Honestly, I have been offered more for a jersey after I had already agreed to a price with another buyer but I still sold to the first accepted offer. It's my reputation on the line and that's worth more than a few hundred bucks. If HM wants to run what seems to be a live auction then they need to be forth coming with how their (meaning MLB's) item's are sold, period.

cfern023
07-11-2014, 11:57 PM
What's disappointing is- there is no proof there is "another buyer" at whatever price interval.

Their lack of transparency from the beginning is what told me to stand up for myself and move on.

Your taking the word of a worm who has proven on this forum to have a poor business acumen. He's dragged a few buyer AWAY from a sale with his tactics, and I doubt he has a buyer at the 2250 number he offered it to me at.

Heck, I doubt he'll ever make his commission, which is what I believe is driving this.

johnsontravis@ymail.com
07-12-2014, 12:09 AM
Remind me to never do business with you... You can honestly say that you are comfortable agreeing to a purchase price then retracting that agreed to price and selling to a another buyer who may or may not have offered?

Lets keep in mind that we are not talking about a private seller here either we are talking about a business. So if I go in to Best Buy this Xmas and I'm at the checkout with the last xBox and right before they swipe my card someone from behind says they'll pay more for it then I'm no longer the buyer because I haven't paid for or signed for the item?

Honestly, I have been offered more for a jersey after I had already agreed to a price with another buyer but I still sold to the first accepted offer. It's my reputation on the line and that's worth more than a few hundred bucks. If HM wants to run what seems to be a live auction then they need to be forth coming with how their (meaning MLB's) item's are sold, period.

I agree that it being a business makes a difference, but I am not really sure how official an email is even from them. I don't think that is really a legal agreement, but I also admit I don't go to law school...feel free to research that.

Unfortunately some of these companies selling GU aren't the most ethical as you would expect out of them. And like I said originally I do agree that they do a garbage job. Their lack of real replies leads me to believe many are getting screwed. But HM doesn't care about us on this forum. We are a tiny spec of the interested buyers market. People are gullible and fall for this "behind the door" live auction. Even if the interest from other parties is real it still sucks people into paying more than they probably would. By making people think they bought it and ripping it out of their hands people will throw more and more just to get it back without thinking. It is an evil unfair tactic.

xpress34
07-12-2014, 01:14 AM

Maybe you should learn the basics of Contract Law:

http://a4id.org/sites/default/files/user/documents/english-contract-law.pdf

OFFER and ACCEPTANCE forms a Contract. Plain and Simple.

xpress34
07-12-2014, 01:16 AM
Sorry, but I could not do that. If I agree to a deal, then I have to honor that deal, no matter the amount someone offers after the fact. I find it highly unethical not to do so. It's about keeping my word and being fair. But those are my personal ethics, and I would never try to force them on anyone else.

As for the comments and assumptions about contracts, it won't be so funny when the other party is laughing all the way to the bank after being awarded a judgment. I am not going to get into a legal debate other than to say that the concept of "offer and acceptance", which is the basics of contract law, is worth a quick read.

Mark Hayne
Gridiron Exchange

Mark -

+1

I've said it a bunch here, and it's worth saying again, "In this hobby, all you have is your reputation. Once it's tarnished, you'll never get it back again.'

- Smitty

xpress34
07-12-2014, 01:18 AM

Again, +1.

Ray371170
07-12-2014, 08:18 AM
I'm so glad I saw this post . I really wanted Dellin Betances ASG jersey. So I sent a email. Was qouted a price of $350-500. I thought " ok, seems fair! " now I open my email and they are now qouting $750?! Due to my job, I am barely online . I'm sticking to Steiner and MLB Auctions less drama involved!

lawrencefung
07-13-2014, 09:14 PM
Odd, I was quoted 995

I'm so glad I saw this post . I really wanted Dellin Betances ASG jersey. So I sent a email. Was qouted a price of $350-500. I thought " ok, seems fair! " now I open my email and they are now qouting $750?! Due to my job, I am barely online . I'm sticking to Steiner and MLB Auctions less drama involved!

BamaHater
07-13-2014, 09:39 PM
MLB just needs to bypass the 3rd Party Highland Mint and auction them off on MLB Auctions. This will help create transparency and allow the market to dictate the price. MLB can set reserves so items will not sell before a min. price. Using MLB Auctions allows anyone who registers for the auctions the ability to bid on anything they want instead of a select few possibly getting the chance to purchase an item if they have the right contact. It seems stupid and just plain wrong that 3 people can call about a certain jersey an get 3 different prices. Its like someone has interest in a jersey and suddenly now the price goes higher, more interest and another price increase.

johnsontravis@ymail.com
07-13-2014, 11:22 PM
Maybe you should learn the basics of Contract Law:

http://a4id.org/sites/default/files/user/documents/english-contract-law.pdf

OFFER and ACCEPTANCE forms a Contract. Plain and Simple.

It seems that in most cases, not all, HM is getting around a true offer and saying this is the quoted price blah blah blah.

mbenga28
07-14-2014, 09:27 AM
I love it when sellers threaten you with "there's another interested buyer, act now!" and you see the item collecting dust months later. The natural seems more artificial to me.

MTC
07-14-2014, 02:52 PM
Has anybody finalized a purchase of any of these jerseys?

If so, are you a little worried what might happen if your player does well in the game or wins the HR derby - do you think "another buyer" may force the price up even more from your approved sale??

yanks12025
07-14-2014, 02:53 PM

If so, are you a little worried what might happen if your player does well in the game or wins the HR derby - do you think "another buyer" may force the price up even more from your approved sale??

I think they're only selling the home run derby and BP jerseys. I don't think they sell the actual all star game worn jersey. I could be wrong.

cfern023
07-14-2014, 05:15 PM
It seems that in most cases, not all, HM is getting around a true offer and saying this is the quoted price blah blah blah.

Multiple times it was told to me "it's yours for 1500" and "it's yours for 2250"

That's a concrete offer. The first time offer and acceptance

cfern023
07-14-2014, 05:17 PM

I'm sure a lot of people are "waiting on mlb approval" until tomorrow morning for the "final it's yours price".

Such a shame- but sadly it seems others don't care about the shady nature of the transactions- im not buying the stanton - but I know someone else will regardless of principles or honor.

Then again- there is no honor among Highland Mint (thieves )

Wrigley2010
07-14-2014, 06:22 PM
I've said it and so have a few others... why are these jersey's not brought to a traditional online auction? Can someone give an advantage for MLB to limit their market and only reach a few buyers? I know MLB has expectations for what a jersey should sell for but does anyone believe that the AS game gear would not do really really well at auction? Seriously, I feel like I'm watching a billion dollar business micro manage it's way to a smaller profit...

simmo2332
07-14-2014, 08:48 PM
Despite all negative issues and complaints (maybe some are valid statements), Steve has worked with me on trying his best to make sure I obtain a jersey of my desire. I got the approved price and confirmation to go ahead and pay today for the jersey I was interested in.

5toolplayer
07-14-2014, 11:25 PM
Well this all seems like a rehash of last years posts on the same topic. What they are doing is holding their own silent auction or just shilling. I posted earlier about "my" jersey. So I was told that at 2K it was probably going to get it but the guy that bought it last year might get to make another offer.....might. Well today was told that he in fact offered 2500 and do I want to offer 2750? I said pass. Now why would he go from 2K to 2500? My guess, someone else offered 2250 before he could speak up. And apparently the bid increment is 250....seems to be universal. And my rep is different than the names mentioned so far. How many reps are there?

send me an email......I want to know what jersey you had "reserved"

cfern023
07-15-2014, 01:04 AM
For anyone going after the Stanton can you please PM. I have some info on the jersey you may like to know.

Anyone have a list of what was officially offered- I'm sure players like Trout and McXutchen are offered- but i wonder just how many there are.

cfern023
07-15-2014, 01:06 AM
Despite all negative issues and complaints (maybe some are valid statements), Steve has worked with me on trying his best to make sure I obtain a jersey of my desire. I got the approved price and confirmation to go ahead and pay today for the jersey I was interested in.

Were you asked for your CC "pending MLB approval" or told it's yours. There is a big difference.

I have a feeling in the morning all these prices are going up.

Phil316
07-15-2014, 01:14 AM
The more I think about this situation the more I think MLB is partly to blame as well.

Wrigley2010
07-15-2014, 01:25 AM
The more I think about this situation the more I think MLB is partly to blame as well.

They absolutely share the blame!!!

Guttapercha
07-15-2014, 05:47 AM
I see this is a hot topic, but how to you even get in touch with a rep? Email? I would love to have access to be able to purchase some items. Besides the all star game do they have access to other items throughout the year? Any info would be great.

rudyjj18
07-15-2014, 08:03 AM
Just send an email to the generic highland mint email. I did that a year ago or so and got a response with the hour. Otherwise, search through this thread. Steve from HM has been replying occasionally.

BU54CB
07-15-2014, 10:27 AM
I don't get it, are collectors so desperate for ASG items that they are willing to overlook the entire situation that has been laid out in this thread? It seems obvious to me that this "sale" isn't on the up and up and yet that doesn't bother some collectors, wow.

Phil316
07-15-2014, 10:54 AM
I don't get it, are collectors so desperate for ASG items that they are willing to overlook the entire situation that has been laid out in this thread? It seems obvious to me that this "sale" isn't on the up and up and yet that doesn't bother some collectors, wow.

I could not agree more. Some people just do not care about ethics and do not care how they are treated.

simmo2332
07-15-2014, 01:47 PM
I will say that Steve has helped me obtain the jersey that I wanted. Told me it was mine, when it would ship and when I should expect it to arrive. Paid for today and everything. He quoted me a direct price for a jersey of one of my favorite players and that is the price I paid. No hassle or raising of the bid any. I may have gotten lucky on the player but those are just the given factual details.

Despite the problems earlier with another player's jersey, I am very happy with the new addition to my collection.

helf35
07-15-2014, 04:13 PM
I will say that Steve has helped me obtain the jersey that I wanted. Told me it was mine, when it would ship and when I should expect it to arrive. Paid for today and everything. He quoted me a direct price for a jersey of one of my favorite players and that is the price I paid. No hassle or raising of the bid any. I may have gotten lucky on the player but those are just the given factual details.

Despite the problems earlier with another player's jersey, I am very happy with the new addition to my collection.

I must be lucky as well because i got mine for right in the middle of what i was quoted. I dealt with Jim and this is my 3rd transaction with no issue. I wonder if the jerseys that fluctuated were the 10 players in the derby?

cfern023
07-15-2014, 06:48 PM
Nope- not only players in derby.

cfern023
07-15-2014, 06:55 PM
I must be lucky as well because i got mine for right in the middle of what i was quoted. I dealt with Jim and this is my 3rd transaction with no issue. I wonder if the jerseys that fluctuated were the 10 players in the derby?

Others have had similar experiences to mine.

From what I gather, multiple reps are selling the jerseys- with each earning commission. If they up the price, they are the credited seller and get the commission.

I think that's why each rep keeps upping the price to be the seller of record.

Another GUU member was I contact with highland mint for the better part of a year and change and was told 700, then 1000 and said yes both times. Now he's out of the running. I believe it was for a Phillies jersey.

ctguy212003
07-17-2014, 04:24 PM
Hey everybody. Boy what a great derby and game. Now that it's all over who got what jerseys? Curious to know a range of what collectors paid highland mint for derby jerseys and BP jerseys. Just curious

rchimes13@yahoo.com
07-18-2014, 07:29 AM
Very pleased with my transaction with Steve, got the jersey I really wanted for less than I expected to pay. I picked up the Devin Mesoraco BP jersey, anxiously awaiting it's arrival

cfern023
07-18-2014, 05:50 PM
So... He's shipped yours already?

Anyone go after Abreu, trout McXutchen or Tulo? I wonder where they ended up.

helf35
07-18-2014, 09:29 PM
I was told Abreu was upwards of 3K. I picked up the Chris Sale.

Wrigley2010
07-18-2014, 10:52 PM
Has anyone inquired about or purchased any Futures Game gear through HM?

Enyouartist
07-19-2014, 04:01 PM
Anyone go after Abreu, trout McXutchen or Tulo? I wonder where they ended up.

My last quote for Trout was at $4500. It started at "around $3000" and last year was $2000.

cfern023
07-19-2014, 05:51 PM
I just heard the Stanton is at 3000, and the Trout is at.....
$6K

I hope whoever is getting the trout at that price realizes it's not the white jersey he won the MVP in but just the BP he wore for 5 mins in the club house to say he wore it.

Enyouartist
07-20-2014, 12:37 AM
I just heard the Stanton is at 3000, and the Trout is at.....
$6K

I hope whoever is getting the trout at that price realizes it's not the white jersey he won the MVP in but just the BP he wore for 5 mins in the club house to say he wore it.

Wow. Yeah, the $4500 quote was BEFORE the AllStar game.

Roady
07-20-2014, 05:30 AM
I cannot understand giving those prices when hof players items, legends even, can be bought instead.

5toolplayer
07-20-2014, 07:05 AM
Ok Stanton was 3k..wow. So at least we know what he went for. What about the other guys who were in the Derby?? Learned my lesson on these jerseys last year but actual HR Derby jerseys are a lot better then the BP jerseys players wear in the cage for a few swings ( both on Derby day and AS game day)

BU54CB
07-20-2014, 10:56 AM
I cannot understand giving those prices when hof players items, legends even, can be bought instead.

I completely agree, thousands of dollars for players that haven't accomplished much so far for the most part.

simmo2332
07-20-2014, 11:50 AM
I was able to get Aroldis Chapman for $500 which I thought was very reasonable.

helf35
07-20-2014, 01:11 PM
I paid $599 for my Chris Sale and I feel that was pretty reasonable. That was about my limit for though. I was quoted $499-$799. All my dealings with Jim have gone smoothly and I have never been put in a bidding war. That being said I have never tried to buy a Trout, harper or Tulo maybe that's the difference. I feel like for the most part I'm the only Sale collector out there who's willing to open my pocketbook to get anything as I have come across a lot of nickel and dime people looking for something out of the bargin bin.

cfern023
07-20-2014, 03:27 PM
Wow. Yeah, the $4500 quote was BEFORE the AllStar game.

I heard the 6k figure the day of the Derby.

brewcrew
07-20-2014, 04:00 PM
Fourth year in a row for me, always paid the price I was originally quoted, and never felt overcharged. So far as I know...unless he kept it, my Lucroy jersey will be added to my ASG display very soon.

salukidave
07-20-2014, 04:06 PM
I agreed to pay $1,500 for the Abreu, then was told over a couple days that I need to go higher to varying degrees. Finally was told that it sold for $3,000.

As overpriced as many of the BP jerseys are, the prices on the name plates are ridiculous. Good luck to anyone trying to get anywhere close to what they paid for one of them on the secondary market.

BernBabyBern
07-21-2014, 08:32 PM
Anyone here pick up the Cespedes jersey if it was available? I heard it would be $3k.

Pablo

yanks12025
07-21-2014, 08:39 PM
I agreed to pay $1,500 for the Abreu, then was told over a couple days that I need to go higher to varying degrees. Finally was told that it sold for $3,000.

As overpriced as many of the BP jerseys are, the prices on the name plates are ridiculous. Good luck to anyone trying to get anywhere close to what they paid for one of them on the secondary market.

I was told today I could buy it for $5,000.

5toolplayer
07-22-2014, 06:44 AM
Anyone here pick up the Cespedes jersey if it was available? I heard it would be $3k.

Pablo

Wow, 3k for the Derby winner's worn jersey? Can anyone confirm this?

salukidave
07-22-2014, 08:57 AM
I was told today I could buy it for $5,000.

Me, too.

cfern023
07-23-2014, 04:14 PM
Who wants to read a funny story?

helf35
07-23-2014, 04:48 PM
Who wants to read a funny story?

I'm always down for a good tale.

Phil316
07-23-2014, 05:18 PM
I'm always down for a good tale.

+1 i could use some entertainment

helf35
07-23-2014, 05:58 PM
Also I was confirmed I did get the Chris Sale for $599.

cfern023
07-23-2014, 06:16 PM
Please, feel free to ask any questions. This should explain how Highland Mint conducts its business.

As my friend "Travis Barker" explained, its all in the interest of transparency.

Hi ,
Do you have access to Tulowotzki's HRD jersey as well as Stanton's?

Trav.

Any other players of interest?

Steven McRae
Account Executive
The Highland Mint
1-800-544-6135 ext 137
321-773-2727 ext 137
_______
Considering the limited usage- my interest is limited as well. Maybe Morneu?

I'll take the Stanton.

Sent from my iPhone

Did morneau get the invite?

Steven McRae
____

I am interested, let me know when we can complete the purchase- I'll send the payment. Paypal or credit card?

Morneu is competing in the HRD.

Trav
_____
We take credit card, Visa, MasterCard, Amex, & Discover. Once we get approval from MLB and once they have the Stanton in their possession, you will then be processed.
Would need the payment information as soon as possible to show that you are in for it though.

The Morneau will be around $1500 but possibly more.

Steven McRae
______
Ok let me know,
T
____
Travis,
Crazy busy day, sorry for now just getting to you. I have submitted the $2500 offer to MLB and am just waiting to hear back from them.

You are still 100% interested in this, correct?

Steven J. McRae
____

Yes sir. And the Morneu

Sent from my iPhone

____
I will not charge your card until the price is approved and the item is in MLB's possession but to show that I have you in for this 100%, showing that I have payment ready helps.

Let me know how you were going to pay for these either via email and separate ones to assure it is safe or call me at the number below.
(EDITORS NOTE: Notice how he hasn't said the Justin Morneau is sold or his yet, just "Give me your credit card".)

Steven J. McRae
_____

When the sale is confirmed with MLB, and the documents have been drafted I will send my CC info. I'd like to prevent it from getting around to too many people.
I still need to know about Morneu too
______
I completely understand and will relay that to MLB. The Morneau was offered at $1500 by one of my existing customers who purchases numerous twins items throughout the year.

Steven J. McRae
___
Sorry- but Morneu is a Rockie, you sure he wants that one? What others are available? Cespedes? Donaldson? Tulo?

Sent from my iPhone
____

He was a Twin though...and this guy is also getting all twins players BP jerseys & Nameplates.
He definitely wants it.

I can offer Josh Donaldson jersey for $1500...you want it?

Cespedes is sold for $3500 I believe. Tulo is as well for $2000.

Steven J. McRae
______
Are they certainly sold? The Tulo and cespedes were my third and fourth options.

Sent from my iPhone
____
They are with MLB approval...would you want the Donaldson?

Steven J. McRae
_______
I'll pass on Donaldson- what is available?

Sent from my iPhone
______
(Editors note) For anyone buying these, note the date he offered them 7/11/2014, did you already have a purchase set up?)
Aramis Ramirez, McCutchen, Puig, Chapman, Greinke, Zimmerman, Freeman, Matt Carpenter, Blackmon, Rizzo, Perez, Cabrera, Cano, Jeter, Bautista, Trout, Jones, Cruz, felix Hernandez, Lester, Price, Scherzer, Sale, Wieters, Alexei Ramirez, ABREU, Beltre, Aybar, Dozier.
(Editors note: Wasn't all Twins BP's sold to one buyer, why is Dozier available?)

Steven J. McRae

Cutch = $1500
Puig = $4500
Trout = $4500
Abreu = $4000

Steven J. McRae
Account Executive
______

Offer that on Abreu, trout and cutch. I'll hedge my bets. I'll end up only taking one and the Stanton. Max 2 and Stanton.

Stanton is set right? I'm at 2500 and it's mine.

Sent from my iPhone
______
If Stanton is approved and available, yes. I am taking off for the weekend since it is past 5...but I will be checking emails periodically for you.

Would need to know on which one...can't just send in approvals without letting MLB know that there is a definite buyer.

Steven J. McRae
_____
Go for trout primarily, Cutch second.

Enjoy the weekend.

Sent from my iPhone
_____
You are 100% in at trout for $4500 and Stanton at $2500?
That's if mlb approves these?!

Have a great weekend yourself and hope we can get these in for you.
(Editors note: This is right around when he called us all window shoppers and was tryign to deflect blame from HM to MLB).
Steven McRae
_______
Yes... If cutch stays at close to 1500 I'll take his too. I see great value in that one.

Sent from my iPhone
_____
7/12/14
I am going to try hard and get those for you, all three if possible.
I am hoping to hear final word from mlb on Monday or Tuesday. (Editors note: A recurrign theme as youll see. Final ok wasn't given until 7/23)

If this all works out, you'll have the finest collection of asg jerseys by far!

Thanks again for contacting me and have a great weekend!

Steven McRae
_______
7/14/14
Travis,
Good morning and hope you had a great weekend! I am hoping to hear from MLB on the ASG approvals so keep an eye out for a confirmation email soon. Thanks again for contacting me directly and the interest.

As we stand, you have offers in for Stanton Jersey @$2500 and the Trout jersey @4500. I think Mccutchen is sold but will double check with the other rep here.

Thanks for your time and look forward to hearing back from you.

Steven J. McRae
_______
No problem, let me know what happens. I'll be in meetings all day starting at noon. I'll respond when possible.

Sent from my iPhone
______
Travis,
MLB got back to us and they want $6k at least for the Trout BP Jersey. We are still waiting on if they will get in the Stanton HR derby, they will know after the event tonight.

Do you want the Trout?? Let me know as soon as possible.

Steven J. McRae
________

I want the trout but not for a penny more than 7k. This process is getting tiring. Am I bidding against others or what?

The Stanton is the primary piece I want. What's the status on that- what are we waiting for right now?

T

Ps. MLB needs to find a better way to do this- it's the day of the ASG and we still don't know pricing.

Sent from my iPhone
________
No, I had your offer sent in for $4500 for the Trout and they said they want $6K at least.
I can let them know right now that it is sold to you for $6K

If you want it I will need CC to get it processed and sent to MLB.

Also, the Stanton is on hold since they are waiting to see if they will get the actual HR derby jerseys. I will know more about those in the morning.

Do you want the Trout??

Yes, I totally agree with you on how MLB does this. It is frustrating on both ends.

Steven J. McRae
_______
I'll take the trout- like I said before though I'm concerned about my CC info. How will it be handled once I give it to you.

Sent from my iPhone

Steven J. McRae
_____
Will the documents be shredded right after?

Sent from my iPhone
_______
Yes, we shred all paper trails with cc information on them. I can also let the office manager know that after your order is shipped out, to erase your cc information from the system.

Steven J. McRae
_______
I'm more comfortable making one purchase because of the procedures you have for CC info. Let me know what happens with the Stanton jersey.

Sent from my iPhone
-------
I won't have them charge anything until the morning when we have word on the Stanton.
At least need to show the VP that I have an order for the Trout in hand and ready to go.

I promise you I will not do anything to compromise your CC. Just want to be sure you are in for it at that price.

Steven J. McRae

I am nothing without my word. Plus we are also awaiting on final MLB approval on the price.

I have to wait just incase, but my word is everything in this hobby. Without it I won't be able to make a legitimate purchase in the future unless cash Is paid up front.

Inform your supervisor that both are sold, pending MLB approval.

Another rep here just told me (literally a minute ago) that he has a customer offering $3000 for the Stanton HR Derby Jersey. That is if MLB accepts that offer which we will know by tomorrow.

Steven J. McRae
-------------
So it's a bidding war on the Jerseys? If so- I'll take the Stanton up to 4k- but I expect it to stay below that price.

Tell the other rep he's an ass.

Let me know.

Sent from my iPhone
-----------
I think the other rep knows that is how I feel. It is only this way on a select few...Stanton wasn't there last year and we all have a handful of customers that want his.

I will offer them $3500 for the Stanton.

So you are 100% in for Trout at $6K and the Stanton at $3500 (pending if it is available and price is approved).

BTW, the McCutchen is not available, the team may be keeping it. Same is happening with a lot of other names and teams.

Steven J. McRae

Let me know what happens- heading into a meeting now until 9 or so .

Sent from my iPhone

Steven J. McRae

Hope all is well and will be in touch.

Steven J. McRae

If it is not the home run derby jersey- find out the price anyway.

Thanks-
________
7/15/14
I will do that for sure. Nobody has said that they will go higher than $3500 if it is the HR derby, so as long as MLB approves you are okay.

You excited that you have the Trout for sure?!

Steven J. McRae
_________
At the end of the day,
They are just trinkets to be locked and hidden away for my collections. Some collect stamps, others art. I collect mens clothing.

Hopefully it's another solid investment for my portfolio.

Sent from my iPhone

Where do you live BTW? Let me know also where you want these all to ship so I can start writing up the order.

Steven J. McRae

Do you ship to PO boxes by any chance? I have one in NY. Might be easier.

Sent from my iPhone

Steven J. McRae

If there's a problem with the plan we have in place for the shut down we are look at a two month window and a projected return to US date of September 23rd.

Sent from my iPhone
________
The best idea would to have these go to the Family members house, that way you get them ASAP and know someone will sign for them.

Steven J. McRae
_________
That would work-

How quickly will you have these? If it's possible for an overnight delivery on the 18th it would save everyone a hard time.

Sent from my iPhone

________
As soon as the card is charged, they can ship it out to us. But these won't be ready to do so until end of the week probably.
MLB has to put all items in inventory and then ship out what all has been sold.
It is a quick turnaround but not that quick unfortunately.

Steven J. McRae
_________
It won't be possible to overnight for the 18th because these will not be shipped out from MLB yet.
The turnaround for these is fast but not that fast. they have to collect all the items from the game, which is a lot, and then authenticate each individual item, then inventory them, then ship out.

Usually about a two week turnaround from card being processed to in your possession.

Steven J. McRae
_______
Let me see if I'm leaving or not- that will help a lot.

I should know by the end of the work day at 7pm. These company status briefings are tiring- four meetings yesterday, two a day until the 18th.

Sent from my iPhone
_________
Let me know...we should have verification on the Stanton soon too. Then we can get this all rolling and if possible ask MLB to send overnight.

Steven J. McRae

Inform MLB I'll cancel the order if it can't be shipped overnight. If I'm paying top dollar it's the least they can do.

For next year, is there a price to buy all the jerseys in bulk and not let them hit the market? That's one way to make an investment- monopolize it. What works the pricing look like on that?

Sent from my iPhone
_______
They usually do ship them overnight to us...we receive them and do our company QC and then we ship to you.
I can get them to you the next day after it they arrive.

So no need to cancel the order...i will get this all done the best way for you.

I would have to check with MLB on the purchasing them all at once offer...

Steven J. McRae
____
That trout BP jersey is looking a lot better now! Let's touch base in the
morning and get this secured for you.

Talk to then.

Steven McRae
____
7/16/14
Well-played game last night...you are going to love the Trout BP jersey. Definitely one of the finest game used items out there for this stud of a player.

You ready to get his reserved? Need to send over the information to MLB.

Steven J. McRae
_____
What about the Giancarlo Stanton- my original inquiry.

Remember, I'm paying for both at once - when the word on the Stanton is official.

Sent from my iPhone
____
No word on the Stanton yet or any other HR Derby Jerseys, still waiting. I am just getting inquiries from numerous customers on the Trout BP jersey now since he got the MVP, I am letting them know not available but if anything changes that why will be notified.

Keep you posted on the Stanton.

Steven J. McRae
_____
No problem.

Thx
____
ou are welcome.

Where did you decide you were going to want these shipped to?

Did you see that email on the Trout photo? Didn't know if you like that type of commemorative but wanted to let you know about it...

Steven J. McRae
____
7/16/14
Didn't see email. Looks like family in Ontario but trying to find one stateside.

Sent from my iPhone
_____
7/17/14
What's the word on the street? I leave the 19th for sure. Family in NY is receiving the package.

Sent from my iPhone
_________
We are just waiting to hear from MLB that they have the Trout BP jersey & Stanton HR Derby jersey in their hands. They have to collect all the items from the game (jerseys, nameplates, baseballs, bases, on deck circles, line-up cards, etc.), then affix MLB hologram to each individual item which is tedious, and then put into their inventory. This takes a couple days usually.
(EDITORS NOTE: MLB Already had authenticated each item the day of the game and into the noght per their MLB AUTH twitter acct).
As soon as we get word on that, we will process your credit card and ship them to you. I am ready when you are to get that information so when word comes across my desk from MLB that they do have the items, I can reply instantaneously with the order.

Steven J. McRae
______
Let me know when the word comes- having my info out there feels for days with no end in sight makes me feel as vulnerable/ violated as a teenaged girl working in a brothel.

Let me know what's up. Thx
____
7/18/14
Hey,
I just heard from a little birding singing in the tree that Highland Mint is still taking offers on both the Trout and the Stanton-

I thought we had a deal struck pending what MLB gives you.

What's going on. I need some transparency on this.

T.

Sent from my iPhone
_____
No other offers have been taken on the Trout or Stanton...the Trout is ready to go at $6000, just waiting word on the Stanton and if they do have the HR Derby jersey.
You will still want the Stanton BP if that is all they have, correct? I believe that will be around $2000, need to confirm that with MLB though.

If you truly want the Trout, I need to show MLB an order. They know you want it at their offer of $6000...just let me know.

Talk to you soon.

Steven J. McRae
______
The Trout and stanton are wanted. The fact it's been three days since the derby and we don't know which is which is disturbing.

If it's solely the BP jersey we need to renegotiate the price. I came into this wanting his HRD jersey and I feel like I'm being jerked around by MLB.

When is the word coming through for what we are getting?

Sent from my iPhone

If it's solely the BP jersey we need to renegotiate the price. I came into this wanting his HRD jersey and I feel like I'm being jerked around by MLB.

When is the word coming through for what we are getting?

Sent from my iPhone
_______
I understand your frustration since I feel it to with MLB and the game used
Items. I have 100% confirmation that the trout BP jersey is available.

I know that we are waiting to hear back on a few other jerseys and nameplates before we
take orders on them. Remember, they have to authenticate A LOT of items before they can
Tell us to give them orders.

The Stanton ad Puig are the two hr derby jerseys we are waiting to hear on. If the hr derby isn't
Available and the BP is, we will work together on that price.

Please be patient with me. The trout is yours (will be 100% when card is processed).

Have a great weekend and will talk soon.

Steven McRae
________
No problem , in the meantime I'll ask my friend Andy if Puig took his HRD, he's his representation. That might shed some insight on what's going on.
(Andy M. is Puigs Agent, and the agency handles Stanton too. I've never met or spoken to them in my life).

Actually, what are the scenarios for the Stanton? Is it that he took his with him? It's in the HOF? Does the team have it or a card company? Andy's office handles Stanton's representation too. He could just ask him what's up with it.

I'll be on a plane shortly. Probably around 4 eastern without delays.

Keep me informed.
______
All of those scenarios are possible. I've heard of players just throwing the
Items in their bags and leaving. I am not sure if I'll hear anything over the weekend...
Only checking emails periodically. But if I do, you will be notified. I will also force
The issue Monday to get a confirmed answer so we can get these out for you.

Have a safe flight and will talk to you later.

Steven McRae
_______
7/21/14
Travis,
Just want to touch base with you on these items...i sent in another email to MLB in regards to the Stanton jersey this morning. I was told that the head guy that does all the game used items was not replying to emails over the weekend. I am hoping to hear soon on these.

No matter what, you are in for the Trout correct? We sent our PO over to MLB and they noticed it was not officially sold...they just want to make sure you do take it.

Thanks for your time and talk to you soon.

Steven J. McRae
_______
Travis,
Just want to touch base with you on these items...i sent in another email to MLB in regards to the Stanton jersey this morning. I was told that the head guy that does all the game used items was not replying to emails over the weekend. I am hoping to hear soon on these.

No matter what, you are in for the Trout correct? We sent our PO over to MLB and they noticed it was not officially sold...they just want to make sure you do take it.

Thanks for your time and talk to you soon.

Steven J. McRae
_______
Yeah. I'll take the trout. Sleeping. Keep me informed on GS

Sent from my iPhone
_____
I will keep you informed on the Stanton.
Do you want to go ahead and get the Trout processed and sent over to MLB?

Steven J. McRae
_____
Going on a week since the HRD- I saw abreus jerseys and bats authenticated online. Stanton didn't take his.

What's the holdup . I'll provide payment when Stanton is confirmed. What are we standing at on the trout and Stanton price wise again?

Sent from my iPhone
I know, you are not the only one waiting on approval. We are going to have a meeting with MLB soon and discuss the items that we are waiting on approval on as well as what other items they have available (bases, baseballs, etc.)

We are at $6000 for Trout (that is confirmed) and $3500 for Stanton HR Derby (waiting on approval).

Steven J. McRae
____
7/23/14
Travis, MLB just let us know that the Stanton jerseys are on hold and not available at this time. This means they are keeping them, the teams are keeping them, or they are going to another company for who knows what reason. If in the future it does pop up, you will be the first that I notify.

Let's get you in for the Trout BP for sure today...should I call you or you call me?

Let me know which is easier and more convenient for you. Thanks for your time and will talk to you soon.

Steven J. McRae
________
Neither, without the Stanton like we agreed on - I don't want the Trout.

Unless you can come up with a suitable NL replacement.

Going into this Stanton was my primary objective. I'm disappointed it took more than a week to figure out that Giancarlo's was not going up for sale.

Sent from my iPhone
_________
You said that you were 100% in on the trout...i even told MLB this. I believe you said that "your word is your bond, without it you have nothing."
A lot of items took a week to know what the status on them was.

Here is what is available from the NL...

National League

Paul Goldschmidt Nameplate = $700
Carlos Gomez BP Jersey = $600
Madison Bumgarner Nameplate = $750
Johnny Cueto BP Jersey = $600
Johnny Cueto Nameplate = $500
Zack Greinke Nameplate = $750
Francisco Rodriguez BP Jersey = $500
Tyson Ross Nameplate = $400
Jeff Samardzija Nameplate = $500
Julio Teheran PB Jersey = $750
Julio Teheran Nameplate = $500
Tim Hudson Nameplate = $350
Alfredo Simon BP Jersey = $400
Alfredo Simon Nameplate = $400
Huston Street Nameplate = $400
Devin Mesoraco Nameplate = $500
Freddie Freeman Nameplate = $600
Dee Gordon BP Jersey = $500
Dee Gordon Nameplate = $500
Todd Frazier Nameplate = $700
Hunter Pence Nameplate = $750
Miguel Montero BP Jersey = $400
Miguel Montero Nameplate = $400
Henderson Alvarez BP Jersey = $500
Henderson Alvarez Nameplate = $400

Steven J. McRae
________
None of that is anywhere as nice an investment as the Stanton. Most of it is Nameplates (which are ridiculously overpriced).

My word is my bond- but I also expect the same from you. You negotiated the Stanton and said if it's not the Home Run Derby it'll be the normal BP. You came through with neither. Especially when it was the main point of interest for contacting you.

What's in the AL department? Who can I contact in MLB to find out what happened?

I'm extremely disappointed.

Sent from my iPhone
______
They are not overpriced if people are buying them...which people are continually doing so.

Don't get disappointed in me; I am just the middle man. The same thing happened with the PUIG HR and BP...That customer switched to his nameplate and is looking at getting the Gordon BP jersey.
(Editors note: So Puigs guy got shafted with no jersey, and when the Gordon is $500 he trys to start a bidding war? Poor Puig Collector)
Grab Jose Abreu's for $5000...it is his BP jersey and it is available 100%.

Salvador Perez Nameplate = $400
Robinson Cano Nameplate = $750
Josh Donaldson Nameplate = $500
Adam Jones Nameplate = $500
Nelson Cruz Nameplate = $750
Mark Buerhle Nameplate = $500
Yu Darvish Nameplate = $1500
Sean Doolittle Nameplate = $500
Greg Holland BP Jersey = $400
Greg Holland Nameplate = $400
Scott Kazmir Nameplate = $400
Jon Lester Nameplate = $750
David Price BP Jersey = $600
David Price Nameplate = $500
Fernando Rodney Nameplate = $400
Jose Abreu BP Jersey = $5000
Adrian Beltre Nameplate = $500
Yoenis Cespedes Nameplate = $1000
Alex Gordon BP Jersey = $500
Alex Gordon Nameplate = $400
Kyle Seager Nameplate = $400

Steven J. McRae
Account Executive
________
It doesn't look like the Nameplates are selling. When the list sent was all nameplates (except for 4).

Nameplates signed , autographed and MLB authenticated sold for $150 from the marlins. I've purchased Giancarlo's on multiple occasions from multiple stadiums.

The Abreu is available at 5k because it's a gross overpayment for the return on investment. I feel like your company is pulling numbers out of their butt.

What's happening with the original list I asked about- McCutchen, Morneu, Tulowotzki?

I want to complete the sale, but the feeling has to be mutual and there needs to be transparency. I can spend a small fortune anywhere and I chose to spend it with your company on these two jerseys.

Stanton didn't take his jersey , neither did Puig. Andy said MLB has them and they were to be released to a company to resell them. That would be HM.
(Editors Note: Agaim : I've never spoken to Andy in my life)
Give me an update on the Mccutchen, Tulo, Morneu. I contacted HM for a reason- your my main point of contact.

I don't want to be disappointed but I can't help but feel that way.

Sent from my iPhone
MLB makes these prices, we do not. Over 40+ nameplates have been sold thus far...and we will continue to sell them. Prices for some of those may drop but they are not now per MLB. I have offered lower prices to them and they told me no. So don't say we are just pulling them out of our butts until you know that is a true statement. Which it is not.

The Abreu has an offer of $4000 on it and MLB still said no today...they may let it go for that tomorrow. So that should answer your "gross overpayment" assumption.

Pirates kept ALL their players jerseys so they are not available through us.

Tulowitzki HR derby Jersey sold for $2500 to another customer here.

Justin Morneau HR derby Jersey sold for $1500 to another customer here.

We were told from MLB that the Stanton and Puig were not available...they could be holding on to them. I don't have them...if I did you would (hopefully) be buying the Stanton and the Trout.

Trout is available and you are backing out on it. I will let the other reps here know it is available now. This won't have any problem selling since he won the MVP. The price I told you at $6000 was approved before he won the MVP!

You know what you have to do to reserve the Trout...i have done all that I can to get you what you supposedly wanted.

Steven J. McRae
_________
Never try to strong arm a customer or make veiled threats to sell to another person.

I expressed frustration in the situation from day 1- and have been working to reach an amicable solution.

MLB does not set the prices, so don't give me that shit. I'm blind bidding against other customers and when HM feels it has made enough money it is sold.

Do what you want but I made an offer I buy both the Stanton and the Trout. You agreed. Find the Stanton - of find a suitable replacement.

I'm investing in these pieces- your smug replies are not appreciated.

Find a replacement for the Stanton- or find another rep who can conduct business like a man and not like a child.

I've negotiated takeovers, buyouts and in a former life hostage negotiations. Nothing is quite like getting a straight answer from you.

Find a replacement- or find a new buyer.

My credit card has been waiting for a week to be charged- but as a yes man you can't find answers.

I await your "courteous" response and please- try to show some professionalism.

Per the law- I've accepted your proposal for the Trout, and you accepted the fate of the trout hinges on another jersey.

Do your job, as the middle man for MLB and find a replacement.

(Editors Note: Not my proudest moment, but it was time to put my foot down).

Sent from my iPhone
________
I am not threatening at all, just stating that you do not want the Trout so I need to let MLB know that as well as inform the other customers that this is available now...that is all I am saying.

MLB SETS ALL PRICES. If we are bidding then why is the customer who wants the Abreu for $4000 not able to have it? Why can't the other rep sell it? It is because MLB wants $5K for it...so please stop accusing us of things that are false.

I am not sure what else I can do moving forward. I have explained thoroughly that the Stanton is not available.

If you want the Trout still just let me know.

Steven J. McRae

MLB didn't set the price on the Trout - I did, as a buyer. Without a buyer, HM and MLB will be stuck with their **** in their hands.

You ran a blind bidding system, and I won out with the highest offer.

Find the second piece. I'll buy Gomez, Cueto, and Price- but for 1200 for all three. That's my offer.

Unless you can find a suitable replacement for the Stanton.

The Trout is mine. Try to sell it and I'll have Highland Mint in so much litigation over it that the best case scenario is that it's sold in time for his HOF acceptance speech.

Sent from my iPhone

_____
Tell your VP to email me. I'll give him my CC.

I don't want a middle man with my credit info. Especially one as unprofessional as you just showed yourself to be.

Sent from my iPhone
_________
I have sent you all products available and the prices MLB has set for them.

If you were the one that got the highest bid on the Trout (which was $4500) why then did they say they want at least $6000 and then you 100% agreed to that price? And that is why the Jeter is at $25K and that isn't even accepted! Your language isn't appreciated either.

$7700 gets you the Trout BP, Gomez BP, Cueto BP, and the Price BP.

That is the offer now based on MLB approved prices. Let me know if you want these.

Steven J. McRae
_________
Have your Vice President contact me to complete the sale. Your not trustworthy enough to be trusted with ANYONES financial information.

Realistically, if I was homeless and had two bucks to my name- I wouldn't trust you to come back with my change.

Sent from my iPhone
________
I will talk to him about this in the morning. He would disagree with you about these statements below 100%.
______
I don't care what he thinks- I care about who is responsible for my credit card information.

It would be negligent for me to put my trust in you ensure my card information is safe when you can't even figure out what is going on with the products you sell.

I await his email.

Sent from my iPhone

______THE END______

FOR THOSE WHO WANTED THE STANTON BP- THE MARLINS HAVE IT AND HAVE HAD IT SINCE THE HRD. THEY WANT 8K FOR IT.

helf35
07-23-2014, 07:15 PM
I find this funny.

Another rep here just told me (literally a minute ago) that he has a customer offering $3000 for the Stanton HR Derby Jersey. That is if MLB accepts that offer which we will know by tomorrow.

Then he states later there is no bidding. Then why wasn't his initial $2500 locked in. Very shitty deal.

Who the hell pays $1500 for a name plate?

helf35
07-23-2014, 07:16 PM
My experience went like this. $499-$799 for the Sale jersey. I said I'm in. 2 days later $599. Sold! The end.

cfern023
07-23-2014, 07:54 PM
Lol-

He can't resist himself.

No worries. You and your partner "Travis barker" will be put on notice
For your immaturity and for misleading Major League Baseball.

Please feel free to copy this to your forum.

Steven McRae

Phil316
07-23-2014, 08:46 PM
Travis Barker lol. You spending that Blink 182 money lmao.

BU54CB
07-23-2014, 08:46 PM
This is on of the most ridiculous game used situations I've ever heard of.

What kind of operation is MLB and Highlind Mint running? What kills me is that MLB has its own auction site to auction all the ASG items on, but instead choose to pay a middle man to sell them in a manner that is completely asinine.

BU54CB
07-23-2014, 08:47 PM
My experience went like this. $499-$799 for the Sale jersey. I said I'm in. 2 days later $599. Sold! The end.

Sounds like you got lucky, seeing the other jersey and nameplate prices, someone screwed up selling the Sale jersey so cheap.

Phil316
07-23-2014, 08:55 PM
Oh yeah

helf35
07-23-2014, 09:01 PM
Sounds like you got lucky, seeing the other jersey and nameplate prices, someone screwed up selling the Sale jersey so cheap.

I think the pitchers were cheap because they don't do much in BP. I think the david price was around there too.

helf35
07-23-2014, 09:03 PM
Mlb is selling the chairs on there auction site.

Roady
07-23-2014, 09:26 PM
Oh yeah

He looks like a coloring book.

Hoosier39
07-23-2014, 09:32 PM
Cfern-- so you wanted the Trout, then didn't, then did again? That about right?

I don't agree with HM at all and will not do business with them, but you kinda ran this guy around for while yourself. When you both agreed to the Trout price, why didn't you just pay for it then like he wanted you to? He asked you about 10 times that you are 100% sure in on the Trout. You backed out because you didn't get the Stanton. Come on, you broke a promise just as much as he did.

This is my opinion of course, and I'm sorry if I missed anything on the 10 page dialogue you layer out.

Roady
07-23-2014, 09:40 PM
Just found this email in my trash folder. I have had my email to send all Highland Mint emails to the trash since last year. Their prices and their business practices are repulsive.
I still can't believe anyone would pay their prices.

Email starts now........

Here is a list of MLB Authenticated game used baseballs from the 2014 All Star Game. MLB is not accepting anything under $500 for these and some may go for A LOT more.

If you have interest in one let me know and we can offer MLB a price.

Thanks for your time and look forward to hearing back from you.

Steven J. McRae
Account Executive
The Highland Mint
800-544-6135 Ext. 137
321-773-2727 Ext. 137
321-777-9500 (Fax)
www.thehighlandmint.com

cfern023
07-23-2014, 09:47 PM
Terry,

I'm not sure you understand the point of that post. I mean no disrespect.

For what it's worth, I did have every intention of buying the Stanton the first time when we agreed at the $1500 price- until he came back and tried to "up my bid".

However, it came to my attention that two other members were trying to purchase jerseys for the better part of a year.

One was in constant contact for that year every month then weekly leading up to the game and had already agreed to purchase the item for 600 or 800.

Until the week before when he was told 1200 then 1500.

They had no intention of honoring first come first serve and allowed a full all out bidding war where no one knew the others true maximum bid. Who's to say that others were not fraudulently ran up in price like in this case. Who is to say there even was another buyer for the Trout. Or Stanton for that matter. (Remember , the Stanton was already on its way to Miami the day of the ASG)

From what I hear, other reps would be much more reliable and true to their word than Steven.

While I am not free from fault, I'm happy I can lend a clear path to how highland mint conducts it's business when their rep was so quick to dismiss everyone.

Hoosier39
07-23-2014, 09:57 PM
No I think I understand the Stanton jersey, I guess I'm just confused on the Trout. You both agreed on a price and he asked you 10 times if you are 100% in and on the Trout and you said yes. He said your price was locked in and 100% yours and asked for a credit card to complete it. You didn't do that. It just seems to me that you both wasted each other's time. You can be mad about the Stanton, but he has every right to be mad about the Trout as well. He had your word several times that you were buying it.

Regardless, their business practice overall is pretty bad.

cfern023
07-23-2014, 10:01 PM
Terry, I emailed you at your google address. Hopefully I can clarify everything for you.

cfern023
07-23-2014, 10:50 PM

Steven McRae
1-800-544-6134 ext 137

Hey Steven,
I gave clear and concrete evidence as to how you conduct business. Hope this "little forum" doesn't upset you so much.

I await word from the Vice President of Highland Mint so I can inform him as to how you conduct yourself on a public forum and with potential customers willing to spend thousands with your company. You are going to tell him right? You should. I mean, why not show your boss that you've ruined your reputation as well as his companies.

I also sincerely hope you contact MLB so I can inform them of who they have representing them in business deals.

As for my reputation, it speaks for itself. I've conducted numerous deals with members of GUU, as well as in the business world. Like I've said, I am nothing without my word. But whats more important about that is how you treat those who reach out.

By day I work out service agreements on peoples cars, and each time they need something I'm there to "Help Them" with their purchase, be it purchasing from myself or helping them by pointing them in the right direction.

At the end of your day, your word is only so much. Your reputation is what drives business and helps others continue to do business.

Supply and demand is dictated on two things- the true supply and the true demand.

There is no evidence there are other people who want to purchase these items, only your word and your damaged reputation. When Playstation or Nintendo conduct limited releases for items they charge what they want to charge and sell it at retail. There is no "Show up and maybe NIntendo will sell you the Wii for $400." It is "Show up and maybe you can buy the Wii for $400".

Where Supply and demand factor in is when you go to third parties and there is transparency (there is that word again), in who your are conducting business with. You list it on ebay, you get more than $400 for it, but at the end of the day the other person truly knows someone else was willing to buy it for less.

Your reputation is in ruins because your lack of....wait for it.... transparency. "Its yours for 1500", the next day "Its yours for 2000 because someone wants it too".

Whose to say the other person exists.

I have a feeling the other buyers are as realistic as Travis Barker buying all the All Star Jerseys next year.

5toolplayer
07-24-2014, 09:56 AM
What a crazy story!! I don't even know what to say about what's going on with this "bidding" process . I hope we get a HM rep to finally come on here and clear this all up. Looks really bad anyway you look at it. :confused:

commando
07-24-2014, 11:28 AM
There's little doubt that each of these items were going to go to the highest bidder (assuming the items were even available, which was unclear to both the buyers AND the sellers). So if a high bid is going to win an item, why not have a transparent, open auction format?

Furthermore, I understand that the Highland Mint wants to sell these items while the "iron is hot." But if they are unclear on which items they actually have the right to sell, it would be wise to wait until the smoke clears before trying to strike deals with collectors.

cfern023
07-24-2014, 03:52 PM
For this interested in who is doing business for Highland Mint- here's Steve's latest email. The third such email since I told him to stop contacting me.

Maybe Steve should look I to his own antics.

If someone would like to contact me, from Highland Mint (excluding Steve), MLB or even GUU feel free to contact me. All three should have my contact info already- if not, feel free to email me.

-------

Trout BP jersey sold no problem today...just want to let you know how Cute your little stunt was.

Messing with ones livelihood must help you sleep at night.

I am contacting Chris Cavalier as well to speak to him about your antics.

Steven J. McRae
Account Executive
The Highland Mint
800-544-6135 Ext. 137
321-773-2727 Ext. 137
321-777-9500 (Fax)
www.thehighlandmint.com

UTeric3232
07-24-2014, 04:24 PM
crazy, immature, shady...

Just put them on an open auction and give everyone a chance. Ridiculous...

BU54CB
07-24-2014, 04:52 PM
The shame is, MLB, much like the NFL, doesn't care about their auctions sites or the items they are selling. If they did, this type of thing wouldn't happen.

All they care about is that the items sold and they get theirs, period, greed rules !!

cfern023
07-29-2014, 12:24 PM
lol- maybe that Trout didn't sell!

http://auctions.mlb.com/iSynApp/allAuction.action?sid=1101001&rc=25&pgcust1=BATASJERSEYS&pgcust2=key_search&pgcust3=panname_keyword_s&queryTokenList%5b0%5d.type=fieldmatch&queryTokenList%5b0%5d.name=panname_keyword_s&queryTokenList%5b0%5d.value1=%20BATASJERSEYS&queryTokenList%5b0%5d.value2

cfern023
07-29-2014, 12:26 PM
Nevermind- just read one of the descriptions-

Looks like I jumped the gun

BernBabyBern
07-29-2014, 07:02 PM
Just heard from my rep today that MLB sold the Cespedes jersey. No idea what amount it sold for.

simmo2332
07-30-2014, 09:05 AM
Nevermind- just read one of the descriptions-

Looks like I jumped the gun

I realize the one on MLB Auctions goes to charity but still...way too much $ already. Could buy one from Steiner for a lot less....

http://www.steinersports.com/derek-jeter-autographed-2014-american-league-all-star-game-batting-practice-jerseymlb-authenticated.html

5toolplayer
08-01-2014, 09:10 AM
The All Star BP/ HR Derby Jerseys are starting to come in....
I wonder how the LockerTags will be displayed this year. When someone gets one in, please post. Thanks

twarman17
08-01-2014, 02:09 PM
Are the jerseys posted on MLB auction worn during derby/warmups, or only issued and signed? The posts are not clear and do not include the authentication number. MLB really couldn't handle ASG items any worse...

michaellechner
08-01-2014, 02:10 PM
"The jerseys were autographed during the 2014 All-Star Week festivities and are MLB Authenticated These jerseys are not game-used and only autographed."

That's from the description on MLB auctions. They're basically just signed replica jerseys.

helf35
08-01-2014, 02:29 PM
Are the jerseys posted on MLB auction worn during derby/warmups, or only issued and signed? The posts are not clear and do not include the authentication number. MLB really couldn't handle ASG items any worse...

Its down in the discription in bold lettering. These jerseys are not game-used and only autographed

helf35
08-01-2014, 02:31 PM
When they were first posted they were not in bold. They must have gotten alot of people asking the same question.

twarman17
08-01-2014, 04:20 PM
Its down in the discription in bold lettering. These jerseys are not game-used and only autographed

Do they consider the derby or practice a "game" though? Could have been used in those events and not be considered by MLB to be a "game". That message could be just warning they were not used in the ASG to morons.

simmo2332
08-01-2014, 04:34 PM
Got my Aroldis Chapman ASG BP jersey yesterday from Highland Mint.

MLB hologram was placed directly the ASG property tag on bottom front of jersey which I thought was a little odd.

Also, here is what the hologram states in the database:

Hologram number HZ573215 was located in the MLB Authentication Database under GAME-USED JERSEY.
Session Product Description:
Session Name: 2014 ALL-STAR GAME
Session Date: July 15, 2014
Autographer:
Authenticator: AUTHENTICATORS, INC.
Additional Information: #54 AROLDIS CHAPMAN

helf35
08-01-2014, 07:56 PM
I have missed fed ex twice but my Chris Sale will be here tomorrow and I purchased the David Price a few days ago.

5toolplayer
08-02-2014, 10:15 AM
http://i1178.photobucket.com/albums/x369/5toolplayer/ScreenShot2014-08-02at105449AM_zps962a28c7.png (http://s1178.photobucket.com/user/5toolplayer/media/ScreenShot2014-08-02at105449AM_zps962a28c7.png.html)http://i1178.photobucket.com/albums/x369/5toolplayer/2014-08-01120348_zps1b7e462d.jpg (http://s1178.photobucket.com/user/5toolplayer/media/2014-08-01120348_zps1b7e462d.jpg.html)http://i1178.photobucket.com/albums/x369/5toolplayer/2014-08-01120451_zps119de192.jpg (http://s1178.photobucket.com/user/5toolplayer/media/2014-08-01120451_zps119de192.jpg.html)http://i1178.photobucket.com/albums/x369/5toolplayer/2014-08-01120311_zpsf5e33d70.jpg (http://s1178.photobucket.com/user/5toolplayer/media/2014-08-01120311_zpsf5e33d70.jpg.html)

Misha
08-15-2014, 10:00 AM
Seriously, can they just sell these once and for all??? MLB just needs to cut out HM and throw them up for auction. Just got this today. I've told them I would pay $X for a jersey, but they just send me higher prices. If someone is offering a higher price then just sell it to them already!

seanbaseball
08-15-2014, 08:17 PM
Is this the type of stuff your talking about? Ive never dealt with them before

Misha
08-15-2014, 08:45 PM
It just seems there is so much unnecessary back and forth, HM offers you a price, you say a price, they say they gotta check with MLB, and then come back with a higher price etc. Just put them up for auction and we'll see what the highest price really is. Current system is not transparent at all.

seanbaseball
08-16-2014, 01:26 AM
With These prices Be glad you didn't get the Trout etc Prices sound crazy. For a batting practice Jersey or Home Run Derby jersey. I think I even read the word "investment" in a sentence. Ive got swamp land.........

cfern023
08-16-2014, 01:38 AM
Seriously, can they just sell these once and for all??? MLB just needs to cut out HM and throw them up for auction. Just got this today. I've told them I would pay $X for a jersey, but they just send me higher prices. If someone is offering a higher price then just sell it to them already!

How about the joke salesman Stephen still emailing me after telling him to stop.

Misha
08-16-2014, 06:29 AM
How about the joke salesman Stephen still emailing me after telling him to stop.

Interesting, your mail from him which you posted earlier dated 7/23 has $600 for Cueto (now $499), and $750 for Teheran (now $599).

cfern023
08-16-2014, 09:52 AM
Interesting, your mail from him which you posted earlier dated 7/23 has $600 for Cueto (now $499), and $750 for Teheran (now $599).

Your right, looks like he's either back tracked or never had the sale.

I wonder how he got his hands on the Stanton if the team had it in their possession when last checked. Unless it's just an extra.

Still funny now he's resourced to "taking offers".

Maybe you should sell it to the guy who agreed to the sale with you in may of 2014.

helf35
08-16-2014, 12:57 PM
The Stanton has a price of 3K. If I wanted I could get it and it's not from him. If anyone is interested I would contact Jim Bowley not this guy. I bought 2 from Jim and my Chris Sale military earlier in the year with no hassle. I know for a fact I was outbid on my sale but he gave me first dibs and he honored it.

commando
11-08-2014, 01:51 PM
Miguel Cabrera has shown up on Ebay. Seller states he purchased this from Tigers Authentics.

lengthwise1
11-08-2014, 04:15 PM
I believe I remember reading that all of the Tigers who participated took their items back to the Tigers with them.

helf35
11-09-2014, 05:00 PM
I believe I remember reading that all of the Tigers who participated took their items back to the Tigers with them.

I purchased Chris Sales at through the Highland Mint. He told me they were issued 2 one for the HR derby the other for the all star game.