PDA

View Full Version : Arkansas Travelers jersey question

jwal23
07-08-2014, 06:14 PM
Was wondering if anyone had any info on this Arkansas Travelers jersey...I've owned it since I was about 5 years old (I guess in a way it was my first piece of GU memorabilia!)..I uncovered it a while back, it had been tucked away in a box that was misplaced when I bought my home a few years ago...I'm hoping that someone out there knows something or can give me a little info on the era it was used and possibly even further info. My parents were born and raised in Central Arkansas and attended quite a few Travelers games throughout the years and this jersey was given to my mom many many years ago (They moved to Texas in the late 70's and I'm pretty sure it was given to her before then, could be wrong though). She doesn't remember a whole lot of details about it and is not sure what happened to the sleeve (appears to have been some sort of patch there)...any help would be greatly appreciated

sox83cubs84
07-08-2014, 10:20 PM
I can't be of much help, but I did notice that the Southland manufacturer tag seems to predate the designs used by the NFL in the 1960s and 70s. I'm guessing the jersey is from the 1950s or the early 60s.

Dave Miedema