PDA

View Full Version : My 1993 Florida State Seminoles Football Championship Team Starting Lineup Project

aallanson
07-07-2014, 10:37 PM
Hi.
I thought I would start a new thread about a project I have been working on, rather than bury it inside the general college football game used thread.

I collect Florida State Seminoles game worn and team issued football jerseys. I thought it would be fun (perhaps I should have my head examined) to collect a game worn Florida State football jersey from each player that comprised the starting lineup (including the Punter and the Placekicker) for FSU from the 1993 National Championship Game (played January 1, 1994 vs. Nebraska). I think I also want to acquire a jersey from an additional team captain (TE Lonnie Johnson) who was not in the starting lineup, which would bring the total to 25 jerseys I need to complete this project. I realize that football is a team sport and that many players (not just the ones in the starting lineup) helped win Florida State's first National Championship, but I chose to collect jerseys from players in the starting lineup because I wanted to set a reasonable (liberal use of the word reasonable, haha) collecting goal. Further, I set a date by which I want to accomplish this goal (January 1, 2019 -- the 25th Anniversary of the game) that allows me some time to complete this task. Finally, there is some discrepancy as to which players actually comprise the starting lineup (due to last second substitutions on the field, etc.), so I have done my best to review game footage to determine an accurate "starting lineup." If I discover any errors along the way, I will amend my choices. So, here is (to the best of my knowledge so far) the starting lineup for the Florida State Seminoles from the 1993 National Championship Game:

QB - Charlie Ward
RB - Sean Jackson
FB - William Floyd
WR - Matt Frier
WR - Kez McCorvey
WR - Kevin Knox
LT - Juan Laureano
LG - Lewis Tyre
C - Clay Shiver
RG - Patrick McNeil
RT - Marvin Ferrell

LE - Toddrick McIntosh
NT - Jon Nance
RE - Derrick Alexander
OLB - James Roberson
ILB - Ken Alexander
ILB - Todd Rebol
OLB - Derrick Brooks
LCB - Corey Sawyer
RCB - Clifton Abraham
SS - Devin Bush
FS - Richard Coes

K - Scott Bentley
P- Sean Liss

Captains - Ward, Frier, K. Alexander, Lonnie Johnson

Please note: I only want to collect FSU jerseys for these players as it is the University's football program that I am celebrating. I would certainly consider collecting an NFL worn jersey from an FSU alum, just not for this project. Also, ultimately, if I had the luxury of choosing, I would prefer to collect an Away (white) jersey for each of these players as they were wearing their Away (white) jerseys when they won the 1993 National Championship.

I will post what I have managed to collect so far, and I will continue to update this thread as I add to the collection. If you can help in any way, please send me an email at seminolecollection@gmail.com

Up first, Devin Bush - Strong Safety

aallanson
07-07-2014, 10:41 PM
Free Safety - Richard Coes

aallanson
07-07-2014, 10:44 PM
Running Back - Sean Jackson

aallanson
07-07-2014, 10:46 PM
Outside Linebacker - James Roberson

aallanson
07-07-2014, 10:48 PM