PDA

View Full Version : Baseball Caps Made By ANNCO

Tallyman77
07-01-2014, 03:11 PM
Hi......just wanted to see if anyone out there has any Major League Baseball caps made by ANNCO. I currently have a Baltimore Orioles and used to have a couple of New York Mets.

Thanks,

-Walt

Tallyman77

sox83cubs84
07-01-2014, 09:42 PM
Walt:

I don't own any, but I have seen a few late 1970s era Phillies caps from Annco.

Dave Miedema

ironmanfan
07-02-2014, 08:07 AM
I think you'll find this somewhat useful:

http://ballcapblog.blogspot.com/search?q=annco

Tallyman77
07-02-2014, 06:45 PM
Yes thanks......I love the ballcap blog. From what I can gather about ANNCO caps, they are few and far between and you hardly ever see them come up for sale. If anyone out there knows what a Baltimore Orioles cap would be valued at please let me know as I want to offer it for sale.

Thanks!

-Walt

Tallyman77

I will send pics to your email address upon request.

Insomniac186
07-02-2014, 09:12 PM
I can't find any evidence of ANNCO caps being used on the field except for the Phillies caps made for Wilson under private label. The made MLB fitted caps though all the way through the 80s before becoming just "American Needle" and making only throwbacks. ANNCO is short for American Needle Novelty Company.

If you compare ANNCO/American Needle's (USA made) caps and embroidery made in the mid 80s to mid 90s, they are identical to New Era's from the same time, especially the throwbacks. There had to be a relationship between the two. I personally think that it may have been a labor thing, like they used the same employees and manufacturing equipment under some sort of agreement. American Needle later had Pro-Line make their caps under private label before eventually having production outsourced.

Tallyman77
07-03-2014, 11:55 AM
Thanks Paul for the valuable information.

-Walt

Tallyman77

sox83cubs84
12-08-2016, 12:09 PM
Does anyone have information on the Yankees using ANNCO caps in the late 1970s/early 1980s. I'm looking at one, but have never seen an ANNCO Yankees lid before and, since the one I'm looking at is a major name, I want more solid info before I put my name with it.

Dave Miedema