PDA

View Full Version : Worthridge Reggie White Auction

happyyoungster
06-30-2014, 10:29 AM
Holy cow...this auction was still going when I woke up this morning. Some pretty cool Reggie White memorabilia. I was the underbidder on the 18 cleat/shoe lot, so, if anyone out there knows the winner...I would be interested in purchasing a pair or two.

Great customer service by Worthridge, too! I was very impressed.

helmets
06-30-2014, 11:00 AM
Everything good with the exception of the end time and extended bidding. Yes I watched the auction until the wee hours , bidding and getting outbid. It was still going when I woke up so naturally I placed another bid, became high bidder on another lot and the watched the clock tick down to 0.00:00 in which the words Lot closed came up. This was at about 8:15 or 8:20 am EST. All of a sudden there is 14 minutes and some second left in the auction. Then at 8:21, I receive an email fro Worthridge that the suction will close at 11:00 AM EST. Huh? What?

What is the point of having a 15 minute rule when you send out an ema to all bidders stating the closing time? As could be expected, I was outbid then on a lot and was a bit turned off that I quit bidding.

So it was possible for a high bidder to be outbid in the last minute without the chance of bidding again by Worthridge stating the closing time. If the auction ends within the 15 minute rule, that's it - auction over! Nothing like changing the rules as you go...

helmets
06-30-2014, 11:02 AM
Sorry for the typos - on my phone with fat thumbs.

happyyoungster
06-30-2014, 12:27 PM
Yeah, I could not believe it was still going when I woke up. I had a high bid from 130 am CT until 730 am CT. I tried to outlast the competition, but, eventually gave in to sleep. I'm guessing bidders arose to find they were outbid during the middle of the night and gave it a few last shots.

xsentrixsupra
06-30-2014, 01:33 PM
I wasn't super invested in it, but I was bidding on some cleats and a helmet and was having trouble getting on the website last night. It kept timing out, I'm assuming due to high volume of traffic. I didn't win anything, but I wasn't giving it my all. After a few attempts at logging in and timing out I just gave up.

Samets
06-30-2014, 02:50 PM
I was winning a lid and a ball and as of 8am but the time extensions were just too much. Seems like they were trying to milk everything they could out of this auction... Once I was outbid, I decided that I will not play into these games and passed on bidding any further. I did walk away with a ball that went way too cheap for some reason.

volunteer
06-30-2014, 09:00 PM
Does anyone know if they will have anymore Reggie White memorabilia in another auction? I was hoping they would list some All-American items.