PDA

View Full Version : Thanks to Vintage Authentics

jdr3
12-21-2006, 09:37 AM
I wanted to publicly thank VA for their communication with me after last weeks auction. I was notified that my jersey had been sent out and given the tracking number via e-mail, the first time ANY auction house has done so. In less than 4 working days the whole transaction was completed. This is a model all should follow.

33bird
12-21-2006, 11:10 PM
How about this:
I won 3 bats in last week's American Memorabilia auction and I now have them sitting in my house. 1 week! That ain't bad. Very happy with the bats and service.
Greg

Giants00
12-31-2006, 03:17 PM
I want to also do a shout out to Vintage Authentics. I was honored to win things from 4 auction houses recently, and by far the best exerience i had was with VA. 1) They let me pay by credit card, 2) They sent a confirmation number with the shipment and shipped right away, and 3) the auction site seemed well run. I had a great buyer's experience with VA and when i think of what i want as a buyer, they delivered.
dan

RobSteinmetz
01-02-2007, 09:42 AM
From a consignor's point of view, VA should also be commended for living up to the quick payout claims made in their advertising. I have consigned items to the last six VA auctions, and they have never taken longer than 30 days to pay.

allstarsplus
01-02-2007, 10:43 AM
From a consignor's point of view, VA should also be commended for living up to the quick payout claims made in their advertising. I have consigned items to the last six VA auctions, and they have never taken longer than 30 days to pay.

Glad to hear things are improving at Vintage. Are they paying out 30 days after they are paid by the auction winner, or 30 days after the end of the auction.

RobSteinmetz
01-02-2007, 10:52 AM
Andrew,

My experience with VA has always been 30 days from auction close.

hblakewolf
01-02-2007, 10:53 AM
Rob-
I too have nothing but great things to say about Vintage.

My consignment checks are sent to me no later than 30 days from the close of the auction. Not only is this a nice change from other auction houses, but the check amount is always correct and the consignment percentage is also calculated correctly.

It's a nice change from doing business with other auction houses that you have to constantly babysit.

Hats off to Steve and his staff at Vintage.

Howard Wolf
hblakewolf@patmedia.net

sammy
01-02-2007, 10:09 PM
Since this is a discussion of the service of various auction houses, I would like to add a few recent examples.

I would like to give a big thumbs up to Grey Flannel and their recent auction. Their service was beyond reproach. My items were shipped even before my 3000.00+ check was cashed.

I would like to give a BIG THUMBS DOWN to SCP Auctions. My check cleared two weeks ago and they still haven't shipped my items.

This is by far the worse shipping delay I have experienced in dealing with any auction company.