PDA

View Full Version : Nolan Ryan Rangers' Jersey, Game Used?

ruhoos
06-23-2014, 04:57 PM
The shop I frequent recently picked up this Nolan Ryan signed jersey. The customer they got it from had no COA and couldn't remember where he picked it up.

I told them I thought it was one of the Score Board jerseys. However, I wasn't 100% sure. The jersey does show some light staining in a few spots, but that could just be from age.

Is there any chance this is game used or at least game issued? Thanks in advance for the help!

lengthwise1
06-23-2014, 05:39 PM
I'm sure someone including Ken could say for sure, but the fact that its a set 1 from 90 is usually a dead giveaway that it is.

lengthwise1
06-23-2014, 05:39 PM
I'm sure someone including Ken could say for sure, but the fact that its a set 1 from 90 is usually a dead giveaway that it is.

a Scoreboard jersey that is

STLCardinalscollector
06-23-2014, 06:48 PM
Definitely not an expert, but I have told several times that Ryan only wore jerseys that were made by Goodman and Son's.
Like I said, no expert, but one of the first things I was ever told about the hobby.

David

Always looking for STL Cardinals GU and unusual.

KGoldin
06-23-2014, 06:49 PM
It's a score board jersey

xpress34
06-24-2014, 03:06 PM
To add to this...

As far as Rangers jerseys, yes, Nolan only wore Goodman and Sons jerseys in games since his time with the Angels.

He was issued Rawlings and Russell jerseys, and if you see a picture of him wearing them (where the sleeve name/logo) is visible, you will also notice the Palm Trees in the background. Spring Training in FL. No Palm Trees in Arlington, TX.