PDA

View Full Version : Late model cathers mitt experts HELP!

onlyalbert
06-20-2014, 10:29 PM
So I picked up this Molina glove, but I'm no glove expert by any means. From what I've researched he won his first GG in 08. Not sure when they went to the Good Glove stitching for winners. The code under the tag is BBBE29 so I think that means Nov 2010? So most likely used in WS season of 2011? I can't make out all of the model code but looks like PRO.....44...JB??? Anybody have any thoughts or knowledge to add? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Very excited to say the least!

onlyalbert
06-20-2014, 11:11 PM
In the article below I think I can make out the date code on the glove he is holding and it looks to be BBBA29. I think that is Nov 2013, correct? And from another post the 29 means the glove was manufactured in the Phillipines?

CampWest
06-21-2014, 08:01 AM
Nice glove. Your BLACKHORSE code breaking is correct.

PRO-44 is the glove/mitt pattern. The JB is a leather and color code. J = Japanese Kip leather. B = Black

It might be a PROS 44... PRO = Heart of the Hide Series, PROS = Pro Preferred series.

onlyalbert
06-21-2014, 01:27 PM
Nice glove. Your BLACKHORSE code breaking is correct.

PRO-44 is the glove/mitt pattern. The JB is a leather and color code. J = Japanese Kip leather. B = Black

It might be a PROS 44... PRO = Heart of the Hide Series, PROS = Pro Preferred series.

Wes, thanks for your help. It was your old post I found that helped me out, and I think you are correct on the PROS44JB. I can faintly make that out now that I had a hint of what it might be. Cool piece.....now if I can only get him to sign it in gold paint pen!