PDA

View Full Version : Whats the market value of a 2004 Manny Ramirez Boston Red Sox game used jersey?

H2R-JU10
06-19-2014, 09:33 PM
Any info is greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance!!

emann
06-19-2014, 09:49 PM
I've seen a number of them go up for sale—and this goes for all '04 Sox jerseys, Heritage Auctions in particular has had more than a fair share in the last few years.

Personally, I wouldn't touch a 2004 Manny with the oddball tagging. Easy to identify, it has 2004 in a very large stitched block font and looks nothing like the actual team-issued jerseys. Manny supposedly produced these himself (and marketed through a 3rd party?), but I feel the wear on the ones I've seen is questionable at best. There are a 1-2 floating around that look like Manny rolled around in the dirt with his pants off; dirt just clustered around the jock tags (which are usually not where you see lots of dirt), odd-looking "overuse" and so forth.

If I saw one with either a solid photomatch or MLB holo, I can tell you I'd make a pretty strong offer/bid on it (to give you a ballpark, $2000+). But, I have yet to see one... Same goes for 85% of the 2004 Sox jerseys I've seen in auctions; you really need to do homework on these.

sox83cubs84
06-19-2014, 10:05 PM
Personally, I wouldn't touch a 2004 Manny with the oddball tagging. Easy to identify, it has 2004 in a very large stitched block font and looks nothing like the actual team-issued jerseys. Manny supposedly produced these himself (and marketed through a 3rd party?), but I feel the wear on the ones I've seen is questionable at best. There are a 1-2 floating around that look like Manny rolled around in the dirt with his pants off; dirt just clustered around the jock tags (which are usually not where you see lots of dirt), odd-looking "overuse" and so forth.

A BIG +1!

Dave Miedema

H2R-JU10
06-21-2014, 06:50 PM
Thanks for your valuable input.

Actually the Manny jersey I am looking at its from 2002.

Attached you will find some pics of the year tag and the back of the jersey.

emann
06-21-2014, 07:23 PM
Well, the tagging is correct, as is the size for Manny (54), but it looks like the sleeves are entirely missing the red piping?

Drop me a PM at some point...