PDA

View Full Version : Protecting and Preserving Jerseys

Funnyman1026
06-18-2014, 09:06 AM
I am a noobie in here and if this is covered somewhere else, I didn't see it and apologize. I am looking for a way to protect game jerseys and it looks like some use dry cleaning bags. Where does everyone get these and is one type better to use than others? Thanks!

johnsontravis@ymail.com
06-18-2014, 10:31 AM
I use dry cleaning bags and I just get them off EBay. It is hard to find them in a smaller quantity but I did find one seller who sold them in a small quantity bunch.

Type doesn't really matter. They are all the same. Just the simple cheap bag will do.

Funnyman1026
06-18-2014, 10:34 AM
I use dry cleaning bags and I just get them off EBay. It is hard to find them in a smaller quantity but I did find one seller who sold them in a small quantity bunch.

Type doesn't really matter. They are all the same. Just the simple cheap bag will do.

Thanks for the reply. I appreciate the tip!

johnsontravis@ymail.com
06-18-2014, 12:05 PM
Thanks for the reply. I appreciate the tip!

Just don't use zipper bags. You want the bottom to be open for air circulation.

Nothing will beat a case, but if you have a lot of jerseys or inexpensive ones dry cleaning bags are great.

Phil316
06-18-2014, 02:38 PM
Here is some great in depth info by degreg

http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_forum/showthread.php?t=34195

Phil316
06-18-2014, 02:39 PM
I meant dcgreg25

xsentrixsupra
06-18-2014, 03:14 PM
Here is some great in depth info by degreg

http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_forum/showthread.php?t=34195

Wow, good info in that thread!

Personally I have my jerseys in shadowboxes. Every collector is different, but for me I want to display all my stuff.

yankees24
06-20-2014, 07:00 AM
What about white jerseys? Have any of you experienced it turning yellow over time? What is a good way to prevent this and if it does yellow, what are some ways to remove the discoloration? Thanks.

danesei@yahoo.com
06-20-2014, 07:56 AM
I don't think the process can really be reversed. I suppose that you could use borax, but I can't see that being a viable solution, since we're discussing game used memorabilia. Basically, the chemistry behind whiteners for laundry tend to cause yellowing over time. This can be one culprit. Others would include sunlight (UV) or oils in skin.