PDA

View Full Version : Meigray Prices?

DoctorLoomis
06-16-2014, 11:36 PM
Hey guys....do any of you know if Meigray is willing to negotiate listed prices? I know they have the right to charge what they please....but their prices are absurd. No one.....ever.....will pay $1750 for a Robert Meachem gamer. Never. Two sold last season on NFL auctions for $500 or so. So....any chance they will move?

Wrigley2010
06-17-2014, 01:43 AM
While I've never purchased from MeiGray I've heard that they will work with you on some items. There has been a few threads regarding this exact topic here. Reach out to Barry and I'm sure that Meachem jersey has some wiggle room ;)

mad87man
06-17-2014, 07:09 AM
there are a few Jets items I would make offers on but feel bad offering such llow numbers on some of them but that is all they really go for now. The NFL seems to have taken a dive recently

BarryMeisel
06-17-2014, 08:20 AM
Hi Doctor,

Yes, MeiGray is always willing to listen to offers.

And I agree, some of their prices are absurd (those damned typos) ... so feel free to call them if you see something on their list and see if you can make a deal.

Seriously, we're happy to deal. Give me a call toll-free at 888-463-4472 or e-mail at sales@meigray.com

Barry at MeiGray

BarryMeisel
06-17-2014, 08:22 AM
And mad87man,

Don't feel bad. The worst that can happen is I will say no. People ask all the time, "Would you get insulted if I make a low offer?"

We don't get insulted over offers for jerseys. Say something bad about my son or daughter, I get insulted. Offer low on a game-worn jersey, I say, "Thanks for the offer, but we will decline."

And all sports see their game-worn jersey businesses dip in the off-season ... and then pick up again once the season begins. It's the nature of the hobby, we believe.

All the best, Barry

joshmiller0
06-19-2014, 07:34 PM
And mad87man,

Don't feel bad. The worst that can happen is I will say no. People ask all the time, "Would you get insulted if I make a low offer?"

We don't get insulted over offers for jerseys. Say something bad about my son or daughter, I get insulted. Offer low on a game-worn jersey, I say, "Thanks for the offer, but we will decline."

And all sports see their game-worn jersey businesses dip in the off-season ... and then pick up again once the season begins. It's the nature of the hobby, we believe.

All the best, Barry

I'm one of those people who didn't want to insult Barry and Meigray. I have made a couple of offers over the years and bought some things off of auctions. I can't speak highly enough of Meigray. I have always been interested in nba game worn items and Meigray is one of the best, if not the best, in the business. I rather spend the little extra to know that it's the real deal. Plus, even though I'm not a regular buyer, I always feel like I'm treated like one... They could just sell me the jersey and move on to the next bigger customer, but Barry and his staff always take the time to make me feel welcome and never are in a rush to get rid of me... I've had some nice discussions over at Meigray and plan on continuing my business with them in the future.

jmeekins33
06-21-2014, 10:42 PM
Great thread. Does Meigray ever offer up any coupons or other discounts at certain times of year. I understand you can make offers on stuff.

gingi79
06-22-2014, 09:43 AM
Great thread. Does Meigray ever offer up any coupons or other discounts at certain times of year. I understand you can make offers on stuff.

They have run sales during Christmas and when they hold their amazing Annual Expo in NJ in July. Immediately after that ends, they start a Summer Sale.

The guy who posted about them is the Mei in MeiGray. Barry has always been very kind, accommodating and even pro-active in helping me acquire jerseys from the player I collect. In all my time buying from him, (I cannot believe it's 10 years already!) he's always replied to my emails and calls within 24 hours. If you call or email and for some reason don't here back in 48 hours, email/call again, he didn't get it.

I've been able to occasionally get jerseys for less than the posted price so don't wait for a sale! You may be pleasantly surprised trying to work out a deal now, rather than waiting for the sale (details on what said sale is, aren't normally released until after the Expo on July 19th and after those attending get first crack at the warehouse.)

Further info on the expo is available at www.Meigray.com Trust me on contacting him if you are serious about buying. Good luck

BarryMeisel
06-22-2014, 11:05 AM
He even replies sometimes when he's on vacation ... but not always ... his wife gets ticked off.

Mattapan03
06-22-2014, 11:37 AM
He even replies sometimes when he's on vacation ... but not always ... his wife gets ticked off.

And my wife gets ticked off with the jersey's I ended up buying from him!