PDA

View Full Version : Hawaii Islanders Baseball Memorabilia

Zeenuts
06-12-2014, 02:10 AM
Collector interested in unusual Hawaii Islanders (1961-1987 PCL franchise) memorabilia, including promotional giveaways, player equipment w/ provenance/Islanders identification, uniforms, bats, etc.

Also, if you are interested in trading or buying Islanders items, please check with me as I may have duplicates available. I can be contacted by posting a response to this solicitation or directly at Zeenuts@hawaii.rr.com.

Let me know if you have anything of possible interest. Thank you.

brianborsch
06-12-2014, 05:30 AM
Hey!

While I don't have any Islanders memorabilia, I just wanted to let you know that my late father, Ferd Borsch was a sportswriter for the Honolulu Advertiser (and the Oregonion when he lived here in Portland). But he covered ever home game for the Islanders for their whole existence! Rain, shine, or in sickness!

"He was the only beat writer The Advertiser had for the 27-year run of the Pacific Coast League Hawaii Islanders — and the only one it needed since he covered all 2,013 home games in the club's (1961-1987) existence.Over parts of five decades and spanning several more eras, often pounding out his stories with two-fingered fury on his trusty Underwood No. 5 (vintage 1918) typewriter, Borsch chronicled many of the greatest moments in Hawai'i sports, adding perspective to the exploits of the stars for several generations of newspaper readers."