PDA

View Full Version : Mothers Day Auction Pick-Ups/Discussion Thread

johnsontravis@ymail.com
06-08-2014, 07:02 PM
With the auctions starting to end I'm curious what forum members acquired or any other thoughts on the auction overall after round one( assuming more is still to come).

I went in really wanting a Milwaukee Brewers pink bat and won the Lyle Overbay bat. I was on a low budget so I was glad it only took $220. Should display nicely as he makes contact on the backside of the bat so the LS logo etc. isn't all smudged.

Misha
06-08-2014, 09:04 PM
Got the Brandon Moss pink bat from Oakland. They had 4 "GU" bats for auction, but only the Cespedes and Moss were actually used in the game 5/11. Donaldson bat went for over $500 but he didn't use a pink bat in the game. Sogard didn't even have an at bat that game so I find it misleading to call either of them GUed. Moss went 3 for 4 in the game, which I attended with my parents, so I was quite pleased it went for $276. An easy photo match too

rchimes13@yahoo.com
06-08-2014, 09:57 PM
Picked up a pair of Homer Bailey autographed Adidas pink cleats, very pleased at $260 considering they're signed and he was starting pitcher and picked up a win. Also picked up the Joey Votto pink ribbon from his jersey as well.

simmo2332
06-08-2014, 10:03 PM
I was able to pick up Todd Frazier's Mother Day jersey with the pink ribbon. Told was 1-4 on the day with a solo homerun. It went unsold on auction but was able to pick it up directly from the Reds post-auction. Not bad at all for $450. Jersey was used multiple times before based off the wash tag before the pink ribbon was applied.

Marrdar
06-08-2014, 11:06 PM
I was able to pick up the Marlon Byrd Phillies pink bat. I usually only pick up S.F. Giants items, but there are only two Marlons that have ever played in MLB (the other was Marlon Anderson), and my first name is Marlon.

Can anyone help out with a photo of Byrd with the pink bat? I have checked gettyimages.com, google images, and ESPN and cannot find an image. Thank you in advance for any help.

johnsontravis@ymail.com
06-09-2014, 12:11 AM
Seems like most went for realistically priced items...not $900 Anthony Rendon cleats. I liked Jonathan Lucroys EvoShield , but at $190 it just didn't make sense.

The Homer Baily cleats were a personal favorite as was that Marlon Byrd bat for each items looks. As far as getting a photo match most people make a thread requesting it and someone will snap some screenshots from the game. I couldn't find any professional pictures on the internet.

I was pleased most items didn't get into crazy bidding wars.

sctizzle
06-09-2014, 09:41 AM
Marradar-email me at sjnyr@aol.com I have some MLB screen shots on my computer I think--I had saved them as I was hoping to win that one but gave up after getting outbid late.

loanapprover
06-09-2014, 10:53 AM
$2500+ for a kershaw bat??

BernBabyBern
06-09-2014, 01:00 PM
I picked up the Yoenis Cespedes Victus bat. Will get it signed in person during the off season.
Pablo

xsentrixsupra
06-09-2014, 01:09 PM

I was surprised by that as well. I know Kershaw is a popular player and is extremely good, I just didn't think a pitcher's bat was worth all that much, unless it was like 1 he used to hit a HR or something haha

johnsontravis@ymail.com
06-09-2014, 01:13 PM

That was also pretty crazy. But for a possible future HOFer and very unique item for a Kershaw collector it could be worse.

helf35
06-09-2014, 01:44 PM
That was also pretty crazy. But for a possible future HOFer and very unique item for a Kershaw collector it could be worse.

Did he get a hit that day as well? That would make it a little more unique.

nevrdiez34
06-09-2014, 02:26 PM
Did he get a hit that day as well? That would make it a little more unique.

According to Baseball Reference, Kershaw was 1 for 1 on May 11th (Mother's Day) and also had a sacrifice bunt during the game.

MercyMe78
06-09-2014, 07:05 PM
Has anyone been able to get ahold of MLB? I won three different items but don't really feel like paying $45 shipping for those 3 items and hoping they can do combined shipping. I contacted the team directly and they said they do not handle shipping these items.

johnsontravis@ymail.com
06-09-2014, 08:38 PM
Has anyone been able to get ahold of MLB? I won three different items but don't really feel like paying $45 shipping for those 3 items and hoping they can do combined shipping. I contacted the team directly and they said they do not handle shipping these items.

From what I have heard from previous experiences...Good Luck.

simmo2332
06-09-2014, 10:15 PM
Try emailing Gregory.Novick@mlb.com he has been able to refund me previously on the shipping per item in order to get combined shipping. Depends on the teams specifically but have never had an issue after contacting Gregory personally. Hope it helps.

cubbs1232
06-10-2014, 07:17 AM
On items the teams sell you can usually contact the teams directly and most of them will refund some of the shipping cost. The Mothers Day items, however, are handled by MLB so you have to contact them directly, good luck with that.

simmo2332
06-10-2014, 07:42 AM
give Gregory.Novick@mlb.com an email and see if he can help

johnsontravis@ymail.com
06-10-2014, 08:36 AM
On the bright side I heard these items take half a century to ship so you should have plenty of time to try and get help...just a warning they are known to ship things seperate...then you are screwed.

MercyMe78
06-10-2014, 01:26 PM
Try emailing Gregory.Novick@mlb.com he has been able to refund me previously on the shipping per item in order to get combined shipping. Depends on the teams specifically but have never had an issue after contacting Gregory personally. Hope it helps.

I e-mailed him today and received a response within 5 minutes saying they will do the combined shipping and issue a partial refund :) Thanks again!

stasman
06-10-2014, 03:47 PM
White sox are running an auction now for their Mother's Day lineup card, Mother's Day ball and game used beckham Mother's Day hat. Min bid 100$.

simmo2332
06-10-2014, 03:56 PM
I e-mailed him today and received a response within 5 minutes saying they will do the combined shipping and issue a partial refund :) Thanks again!

Awesome, glad he could help!

johnsontravis@ymail.com
06-10-2014, 04:39 PM
My bat was shipped today...maybe there is hope people won't have to wait so long this year.

BernBabyBern
06-10-2014, 05:52 PM
Looks like my Cespedes bat was shipped today as well. Pablo

Jessica4Bama
06-11-2014, 03:26 PM
I was interested in Martin Prado's pink bats. They had two listed as game used, but there was not a drop of pine tar on them. He uses a ton of tar on his bats. I wonder what is up with that? Since he plays for the Diamondbacks now I didn't get to see the Mother's Day game to see if he actually used a pink bat.

Misha
06-11-2014, 10:46 PM
I was interested in Martin Prado's pink bats. They had two listed as game used, but there was not a drop of pine tar on them. He uses a ton of tar on his bats. I wonder what is up with that? Since he plays for the Diamondbacks now I didn't get to see the Mother's Day game to see if he actually used a pink bat.

Like I said before, only 2 of the 4 Oakland Athletics bats were actually used in the game by those players, Cespedes and Moss. Donaldson didn't use a pink bat, and Sogard didn't even play, but they were listed as game used. Either they were used by other players (Reddick, Punto, and Lowrie used pink bats), or they were used in batting practice only.

I would hope MLB wouldn't regard BP as GU, but maybe they do??

lakeerie92
06-11-2014, 11:30 PM

He did use a pink bat and it had tons of pine tar on it. I thought it was strange as he had to have at least 3 pink bats for them sell two and neither of them be the one he actually used in the game.

johnsontravis@ymail.com
06-12-2014, 09:33 AM
I think they are all mistakes in my opinion. When it came to the uncracked bats I don't think they got authenticated till much after the game. The authenticators probably went to the clubhouse and did that stuff first. Then he probably went off to the bats and authenticated any with use.

For instance my Lyle Overbay bat just says "Game Used" and then "The date of the game".

johnsontravis@ymail.com
06-13-2014, 03:51 PM
Never mind...still hasent shipped...

johnsontravis@ymail.com
06-15-2014, 12:41 PM
Has anyone actually had their item(s) shipped, not just ready for UPS(or maybe a different shipping company)?

I saw the Kelly Johnson bat made it to EBay, but the guy also live in MLBs back yard.

slab0meat
06-15-2014, 01:57 PM
I was able to pick up Todd Frazier's Mother Day jersey with the pink ribbon. Told was 1-4 on the day with a solo homerun. It went unsold on auction but was able to pick it up directly from the Reds post-auction. Not bad at all for $450. Jersey was used multiple times before based off the wash tag before the pink ribbon was applied.

I didn't see this until now.

I'd love to know when you contacted them about buying the jersey, as I was "sold" the same jersey. They still haven't reversed the charge on my credit card. Nice of them.