PDA

View Full Version : Nolan Ryan 93 Rangers Gamer on Grey Flannel

CPuente57
06-08-2014, 01:17 PM
Just wanted your guys thoughts and opinions on this

http://catalog.greyflannelauctions.com/4-14-1993-Nolan-Ryan-Texas-Rangers-Game-Used-and-Aut-LOT31343.aspx

sox83cubs84
06-08-2014, 08:37 PM
Just wanted your guys thoughts and opinions on this

http://catalog.greyflannelauctions.com/4-14-1993-Nolan-Ryan-Texas-Rangers-Game-Used-and-Aut-LOT31343.aspx

Ryan ordered well over a dozen sets each of homes and roads for his final season. I'm not sure how many were actually worn and how many went unused, but the tagging and size indicate to me that this was at the very least issued to Ryan. In-person examination would be needed to discern actual wear. This jersey is from earlier in the season, as the Eddie Chiles memoriam (HEC) is not on the right sleeve, as that was added during the season.

I hope this helps.

Dave Miedema

bdeol44
06-09-2014, 12:33 AM
Dave, I just chuckle to myself sometimes reading your replies...your such wide range of knowledge is just awesome!

xsentrixsupra
06-09-2014, 07:58 AM
Dave, I just chuckle to myself sometimes reading your replies...your such wide range of knowledge is just awesome!

Agreed, he knows so much about so many different players/uniforms/teams, its always fun to hear/read. The old saying is true, hes forgotten probably more than I'll ever know! Of course that also means hes old as dirt :D jk Dave!

commando
06-09-2014, 03:26 PM
It's a little known fact that Dave sleeps with/in game-used jerseys every night.

Phil316
06-09-2014, 07:46 PM
Is it still a teddy bear when it's a patch on a jersey?

sox83cubs84
06-09-2014, 10:56 PM
It's a little known fact that Dave sleeps with/in game-used jerseys every night.

LMAO!!:p :p :p

Dave M.

xpress34
06-10-2014, 12:59 AM
Ryan ordered well over a dozen sets each of homes and roads for his final season. I'm not sure how many were actually worn and how many went unused, but the tagging and size indicate to me that this was at the very least issued to Ryan. In-person examination would be needed to discern actual wear. This jersey is from earlier in the season, as the Eddie Chiles memoriam (HEC) is not on the right sleeve, as that was added during the season.

I hope this helps.

Dave Miedema

Dave -

It has been my understanding for years - from people who 'knew people' with the Rangers at the time - that Nolan actually ordered 34 total jerseys for the 1993 Season.

18 home and 16 road. He expected to start and pitch in 34 games (and his jersey #), so the jerseys were supposed to each coordinate with the start... i.e. the home white #'d 2/18 would be for his 2nd HOME start (even if it was the 3rd game he had pitched in 1993) as he may have worn road grey #'d 1/16 either before or in between home starts.

That said, when his arm went dead, it messed up the numbering system, so the higher # home and road were made for him to use, but ultimately are actually Game/Team issued.

I hope this makes sense and helps with the original poster's question.

I would love to have one of these jerseys for myself.

- Smitty

CPuente57
06-10-2014, 06:28 PM
Dave -

It has been my understanding for years - from people who 'knew people' with the Rangers at the time - that Nolan actually ordered 34 total jerseys for the 1993 Season.

18 home and 16 road. He expected to start and pitch in 34 games (and his jersey #), so the jerseys were supposed to each coordinate with the start... i.e. the home white #'d 2/18 would be for his 2nd HOME start (even if it was the 3rd game he had pitched in 1993) as he may have worn road grey #'d 1/16 either before or in between home starts.

That said, when his arm went dead, it messed up the numbering system, so the higher # home and road were made for him to use, but ultimately are actually Game/Team issued.

I hope this makes sense and helps with the original poster's question.

I would love to have one of these jerseys for myself.

- Smitty

Thanks for that information! So basically since it's an earlier start, this is a game used jersey he used correct?

sox83cubs84
06-10-2014, 06:31 PM
Smitty:

The additional and clarified information i appreciated. I guess that, assuming he wore the jerseys in set number order, the chances of this one being worn are very good. Also, the lack of the later season HEC memoriam sleeve letters also establishes this as early season, and likelier to be gae used.

Dave Miedema