PDA

View Full Version : Braves GU/GI Jerseys

tella27
06-05-2014, 03:05 PM
Has anyone else noticed that the Braves don't do a great job with authenticating their game used jerseys? I've noticed that there are a bunch of Braves jerseys authenticated as Game Issued but show very nice use. I'm not a big Braves collector so not sure if it is just them or do other teams do a poor job as well? Any responses would be welcome

BamaHater
06-05-2014, 04:15 PM
Has anyone else noticed that the Braves don't do a great job with authenticating their game used jerseys? I've noticed that there are a bunch of Braves jerseys authenticated as Game Issued but show very nice use. I'm not a big Braves collector so not sure if it is just them or do other teams do a poor job as well? Any responses would be welcome
More than likely the jerseys were gathered up after the season and then authenticated. Since they were done after the fact and not authenticated say after a game, there is no definitive way to say they were used in a game. Although it shows good use, who is to say the "use" came from a game and not poor storage. In these cases they just state game issued.

johnsontravis@ymail.com
06-05-2014, 06:10 PM
Some teams are better than others. Sometimes jerseys are decided to be retired just randomly after a game. If the game wasn't a big deal the authenticator might not go down into the clubhouse cause he didn't know.

Some teams are more on the ball than others, but I think most teams miss jerseys here and there.