PDA

View Full Version : Pete Rose game worn cap

stasman
06-04-2014, 12:39 PM
Did anybody see the Phillies "game worn" Pete arose cap on EBay? Hmmmmmm to good to be true??

stasman
06-04-2014, 01:14 PM
Did anybody see the Phillies "game worn" Pete arose cap on EBay? Hmmmmmm to good to be true??

Sorry....Pete Rose Cap..... Not arose cap

Phillies2946
06-04-2014, 09:38 PM
Item was not used by Rose. Rose never wore size 7 3/8

stasman
06-05-2014, 05:44 AM
Thank you.

Tallyman77
06-05-2014, 10:54 AM
Hi Stasman.......it can never be said that Pete Rose never wore a size 7 3/8 cap. He certainly did.......and the manufacturer of the cap was Wilson.......and the team was the Phillies. You have to consider his hair thickness through the years and when he was with the Phillies, his head of hair was thick. Wilson caps tend to run a bit snug as compared to New Era and Sports Specialties, meaning that a player wearing a size 7 1/4 New Era would need a size 7 3/8 in a Wilson. Also in some previous catalog auctions from major auction houses, Pete Rose Wilson Phillies caps in size 7 3/8 were sold and one had a COA from Rose himself.

Hope this helps.......Thanks.

-Walt

Tallyman77

stasman
06-05-2014, 12:31 PM
Hi Stasman.......it can never be said that Pete Rose never wore a size 7 3/8 cap. He certainly did.......and the manufacturer of the cap was Wilson.......and the team was the Phillies. You have to consider his hair thickness through the years and when he was with the Phillies, his head of hair was thick. Wilson caps tend to run a bit snug as compared to New Era and Sports Specialties, meaning that a player wearing a size 7 1/4 New Era would need a size 7 3/8 in a Wilson. Also in some previous catalog auctions from major auction houses, Pete Rose Wilson Phillies caps in size 7 3/8 were sold and one had a COA from Rose himself.

Hope this helps.......Thanks.

-Walt

Tallyman77

Thanks Walt.

sox83cubs84
06-05-2014, 08:38 PM
Walt is very good on knowing caps, and, based on the photos, I'd be agreeing with him.

Dave Miedema

stasman
06-05-2014, 10:16 PM
Walt is very good on knowing caps, and, based on the photos, I'd be agreeing with him.

Dave Miedema

Thanks Dave

Phillies2946
06-05-2014, 11:07 PM
Let me re phrase Pete Rose Never wore size 7 3/8 with the phillies that I've ever seen.

His size was 7 1/4. His batting helmets were size 7 1/2.

Its possible he wore that size with the reds not the phillies.

IMO I honestly do not like the number 14 as well has almost no wear and that's not typical of a Rose Gamer.

CollectGU
06-06-2014, 10:47 AM
Let me re phrase Pete Rose Never wore size 7 3/8 with the phillies that I've ever seen.

So you went from - the hat was never worn by Rose, period - to, in my opinion the hat was never worn by Rose that I've ever seen, even though you have others explaining that there are examples of Rose wilson caps in the hobby size 7 3/8 with Rose LOA's....

Tallyman77
06-06-2014, 02:18 PM
Concerning caps, teams, labeling, player sizes, proper ID, etc... it is all a matter of doing your homework. Research tools are available on the internet and it's all a matter of taking time to search and get your questions answered so you can make wise judgement calls. I am sure noteworthy game used enthusiasts and authenticators like Dave Miedema would definitely agree with me.

Thanks,

-Walt

Tallyman77

sox83cubs84
06-08-2014, 08:39 PM
Concerning caps, teams, labeling, player sizes, proper ID, etc... it is all a matter of doing your homework. Research tools are available on the internet and it's all a matter of taking time to search and get your questions answered so you can make wise judgement calls. I am sure noteworthy game used enthusiasts and authenticators like Dave Miedema would definitely agree with me.

Thanks,

-Walt

Tallyman77

+1:)

tacprc
06-13-2014, 08:38 PM
My rule of thumb has been that 7 1/4 is the right Phillies hat size for Pete.