PDA

View Full Version : Share Your Most Meaningful Piece(s) of Memorabila

rchimes13@yahoo.com
06-02-2014, 11:38 AM
My most meaningful is also the newest addition to my collection...It is a Game Used football from the 10/2/95 Bengals vs. Dolphins game when father vs. son (Dave vs. Don Shula) met for the 1st time in NFL History. This was also the first game that I attended with my father (pretty ironic). The ball came from an estate sale, has all the game info written on panel and it belonged to late official Don Wedge. I'm a diehard Bengals fan HOWEVER Dan Marino is my favorite athlete. It was a good game and I witnessed Marino's 30th career 4th Quarter winning drive (91 yards w/a 16 yard TD to OJ McDuffie). On the day Marino had his 4th highest single game yards of his career with 450yds. Can't wait to display this with game program and ticket stubs. AMAZING memories for so many reasons for me...anxious to see what others have to share!

Juan Gris
06-02-2014, 11:52 AM
That is a very cool football and back story. I met Don Wedge at my high school back in 2000 or 2001 where he was either substitute teaching or there as some kind of speaker. Either way, I remember talking to him and getting an autographed card of him in his official's uniform. Great guy.

rchimes13@yahoo.com
06-02-2014, 12:26 PM
My most meaningful is also the newest addition to my collection...It is a Game Used football from the 10/2/95 Bengals vs. Dolphins game when father vs. son (Dave vs. Don Shula) met for the 1st time in NFL History. This was also the first game that I attended with my father (pretty ironic). The ball came from an estate sale, has all the game info written on panel and it belonged to late official Don Wedge. I'm a diehard Bengals fan HOWEVER Dan Marino is my favorite athlete. It was a good game and I witnessed Marino's 30th career 4th Quarter winning drive (91 yards w/a 16 yard TD to OJ McDuffie). On the day Marino had his 4th highest single game yards of his career with 450yds. Can't wait to display this with game program and ticket stubs. AMAZING memories for so many reasons for me...anxious to see what others have to share!

Scratch all Marino stats (I was thinking of the game in '95 also in Cincy...This ball was from the 23-7 Dolphins win in '94).

dangerzone79
06-02-2014, 05:12 PM
For me it's this Pedro Martinez game used glove from his 1999 & 2000 seasons. Possibly even 1998. But either way he wore this in '99-'00 winning back to back Cy Young awards in what are sometimes referred to as the 2 best pitching seasons in the history of baseball. For me & my family/friends Pedro was the king. It was a true event when he pitched. We were glued to our tv's or on the edge of our seats at Fenway.
In 1999 he was 23-4 with a 2.07 ERA & 313 strikeouts.
In 2000 he was 18-6 with a 1.74 ERA & 284 strikeouts.
When Pedro signed this glove he mentioned that it had been stolen from him years ago. In fact every glove he's had has been stolen, he has none of them. I made sure it was offered back to him (for free) and he refused, stating "No thank you. I know what I've done & what I've accomplished. I'm sure this cost a lot of money & a real fan will appreciate it more than I will" and then signed happily. Still the king. Thanks again to Ben for allowing me to purchase this. Truly special piece for the future Hall of Famer.

spartanservitto
06-02-2014, 06:37 PM
These two - the 2011 bat was used for two at bats - the first he hit a home run - the second he broke it - it means the most because I was sworn into the michigan state bar just hours before he hit that.

Priceless to me.

spartanservitto
06-02-2014, 06:40 PM
The next is my 2002 Pujols gamer - just because it took me about 10 purchases and probably 8 years before I had a perfect bat with all textbook traits. It was a long journey.