PDA

View Full Version : Florida Gators Jersey Question..

respo
05-29-2014, 11:43 PM
Anybody know what the exact font/material the numbers and letters are on these jerseys? Its an 06 Gators away jersey. Are the numbers a stretchy type of material or are they hard twill? Also is the name on back screened while the numbers are sewn? What is the 06 Gators jersey supposed to have?!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Tim-Tebow-Freshman-College-Bench-Worn-Jersey-Greyflannel-Authenticated-Hot-/121339805604?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1c406a7fa4

gatorfett
06-04-2014, 09:36 PM
The 06 jerseys had sewn on tackle twill numbers with screened on letters (on the nameplate). There are probably a few rare exceptions but 05 was the only year they used the stretchy number fabric (2004 and all prior years had screened on numbers).

I can tell you the numbers and letters appear to be correct on this jersey although the nameplate doesn't look right and the number placement is incorrect. Regardless, this jersey is 100% not team issued, game used, or game worn. I informed the seller of this fact quite a while ago but you can see he has not elected to agree with my commentary.

You must be extremely careful with 06 jerseys as there are fakes in circulation (Leak and Tebow), some of which were sold through Grey Flannel. I am confident some were done by Nike and some were done after the fact, either by finding a blank jersey and applying numbers/nameplates or renumbering an actual jersey. Buyer beware.