PDA

View Full Version : eBay Hacked

cliffjmp33
05-21-2014, 09:58 AM
I know a lot of member use eBay and just read on CNN that hackers accessed the eBay network. The article strongly suggests people change their password.

Link is here: http://money.cnn.com/2014/05/21/technology/security/ebay-passwords/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

xsentrixsupra
05-21-2014, 12:17 PM
That sucks, thanks for the heads up. I'm glad that my password for eBay is different than all my other stuff since I've had it for so long. However, that does kind of suck they do have access to where people live.

aksaintold
05-21-2014, 12:17 PM
I know a lot of member use eBay and just read on CNN that hackers accessed the eBay network. The article strongly suggests people change their password.

Link is here: http://money.cnn.com/2014/05/21/technology/security/ebay-passwords/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

Funny, I just saw that today as well. It said they were hacked in late Feb or early March... might have been nice for eBay to let us know. Sort of frustrating.
Bob

COWBOYS4EVR
05-21-2014, 01:00 PM
Might not be the same, but I had 3 items sell in 1 week
To 3 different buyers. They didn't pay in 24 hours. When contacted
They don't collect football items an looking at there feedback purchase
History they never made football related items. Canceled sale
An figured something was up.

yanks12025
05-21-2014, 06:37 PM
Ebay is a joke! It just cost me alot of money on a item I was selling. I'm sure several bidders where unable to bid because they forced people to change their password and because so many people were trying too, it was taking forever.

jfbrens
05-23-2014, 02:39 PM
Also note I just received an email yesterday from "PayPal" saying there was suspicious transactions on my account. There was a link attached that would send you to the website to check things out. I went to PayPal directly and there was nothing suspicious at all. I then called PayPal and forwarded them the email which, in fact, was phishing. DO NOT log into PayPal EVER from an email link! PayPal is owned by eBay so it looks like the web has gotten larger with this hacking matter

apfriz
05-23-2014, 04:20 PM
i too, have received many of the 'service' emails from
potential paypal hackers....they show a case number in the subject and everything...the easiest way for me to tell was to simply check the source of the email, and it was from service@paypall.com
paypal with two LLs so I simply deleted it, it is easy to overlook...

sox83cubs84
05-23-2014, 08:36 PM
i too, have received many of the 'service' emails from
potential paypal hackers....they show a case number in the subject and everything...the easiest way for me to tell was to simply check the source of the email, and it was from service@paypall.com
paypal with two LLs so I simply deleted it, it is easy to overlook...

I've gotten a few of those, as well. The incorrect spelling of Paypal is a dead giveaway. Generally, a rule of thumb is to ignore and delete/block any emails from anyone you don't know or, if from a business identity like eBay or Pay Pal, like asking for information they do not need or already have.

Dave Miedema

DJaeger22
05-24-2014, 03:10 PM
I had one of these emails come to me so I called PayPal and they had me forward it to them so they could take care of it.