PDA

View Full Version : Bonds glove on Heritage

danesei@yahoo.com
05-13-2014, 01:08 AM
I was wondering everyone's thoughts on the Bonds glove up for auction at HA. I tried messaging to ask them these questions, and I even emailed Mike Provenzale directly, but no one has replied.

I asked them:

1) Why does the glove have an A2000 outer shell and an A2002 cup side?
2) Is there any reason to believe the glove is Bonds', given the "BONDS 24" does not look like his handwriting?
3) Do they have any documentation from Wilson that Bonds was using their gloves in HS/College?

I'm currently the high bidder, and I messaged them three days after the glove posted. It's now about a week until the auction closes and nothing.

johnsontravis@ymail.com
05-13-2014, 11:06 AM
I would love to know what the LOAs are based off of. Cause the description is pretty vague.

nickacs
05-13-2014, 11:29 AM
Danesei, I emailed HA off their "generic" question form from their website a week ago asking about the Ray Lewis "game worn" jersey in their current auction. I got an email back 2 days later from a Chris Nerat there and his email is chrisn@ha.com

Since the auction is closing in a couple days, maybe emailing this guy directly will help answer your questions. I've emailed Mike several times in the last couple years about their offered "game worn" Jordan jerseys, pointing out the issues, but since it always came with a Lampson LOA, they ignored to pull any of the items. Likewise, with the Lewis jersey, it's a JO "special" and there are issues with it I see too, but they are ignoring them as well. Oh wells..

Good luck!

danesei@yahoo.com
05-13-2014, 12:48 PM
Danesei, I emailed HA off their "generic" question form from their website a week ago asking about the Ray Lewis "game worn" jersey in their current auction. I got an email back 2 days later from a Chris Nerat there and his email is chrisn@ha.com

Thanks Nick.

I actually checked today, and I had emailed Mike about a different lot, so I sent him and Chris both an email just now asking about the glove. We'll see what happens. I actually discovered another issue about the glove that concerns me: The glove looks new. I mean, the laces look new, and from what I can see, the glove looks stiff. Admittedly, I'm going based upon usage from a high school standpoint, and how a glove would look after the season, but I can't imagine a college glove looking less used after a career than a high school glove does after a season.

danesei@yahoo.com
05-14-2014, 03:14 PM
Mike got back to me. Apparently he was on vacation. He said the glove will be pulled.

danesei@yahoo.com
05-15-2014, 01:12 PM
Mike got back to me. Apparently he was on vacation. He said the glove will be pulled.

To clarify. Mike just emailed me saying he meant he would be pulling the glove to look at it, not pulling it from the auction. The SCD LOA is unavailable, so the only LOA they actually have is from "The Glove Collector."

danesei@yahoo.com
05-15-2014, 06:12 PM
I just received an email from Mike that the glove has been pulled from the auction so that more research can be done on it. I think it boiled out to not being able to get in touch with MEARS nor "The Glove Collector" regarding the issues I had. I actually think the one that likely got the glove pulled was the non-matching A2000 outer and A2002 palm shells.