PDA

View Full Version : Herritage auction Bucs helmet blunder

War Helmets
05-11-2014, 08:43 PM
There is an white & orange Bucco Bruce Tampa Bay helmet up for auction on Herritage and man what are they thinking?The Bucco Bruce decal on one side is backwards lol.Also the facemask is that store bought peach color not the right orange.SHEESH!!!

jake33
05-12-2014, 02:14 PM
First of all the Buccaneers used peach colored facemask from 1976-1996, the orange the team used does NOT match the orange of the jerseys. So that actually looks accurate to me. that peach colored facemask is actually pretty tough to find. The replica and authentic helmets they sold in the 1990's were all wrong.

The graphics is another issue, but not 100% out of the norm.
In 2004 the Buccaneers had some jerseys with the pirate ships sewn on the jersey sleeves backwards.

http://sports.ha.com/c/item.zx?saleNo=7105&lotNo=83179#1125411254641

War Helmets
05-12-2014, 09:59 PM
You have your opinion of the facemask color & I have mine,but the logo decal backwards?Come on man

ChrisCavalier
05-12-2014, 10:26 PM
Hello War Helmets,

As per the forum rules, have you contacted Heritage to see what they have to say about the helmet?

-Chris

War Helmets
05-13-2014, 04:03 PM
No Chris I have not.I like Heritage and think they have true legit stuff,just that bucs lid is weird with the backwards decal.An equipment manager would never do that on a decal that big one would think.It only has one bid for $100 anyways.The other helmets they have look pretty solid

helmets
05-15-2014, 03:14 PM
Jake is correct. The masks are peach. They are not orange. The mask on the Heritage helmet is correct. I would like to see a photo from that time period with anything but a peach colored mask. Perhaps when you cannot find one, you may change your opinion.

helmets
05-15-2014, 03:17 PM
The peach colored mask were not offered in a store. They were special order from Schutt and as far as I know, Tampa was the only team to wear them - I've never seen a college or even high school team wear that color.

I have sold original Tampa masks from that time period for $200 each - due to collectors that want to install the correct peach mask to their Tampa helmet and remove the "Store bought" orange - incorrect color.

War Helmets
05-16-2014, 03:21 PM
After looking at the facemask on my laptop,it does look true.Just very odd about the backwards logo decal on the side.The knife in his mouth should be pointed towards the front on both sides.Yeah there are 2 VSR4 versions you can buy,and the facemask is wrong.One is a weird light orange,& the other is a super dark orange.The mask is really the same color as the orange jersey.Your a cool & knowledgeable guy on here Helmets.Love your threads & pics man.I am looking for a 80's Bucs,Giants,& Steelers gamer so let me know if you have one you could part with,peace Brandon