PDA

View Full Version : Negotiable pricing at stadiums?

mbenga28
05-07-2014, 07:57 AM
For teams that sell game used items in their stadium (store or booth), have any of you had success negotiating pricing or is the pricing usually firm?

Sotystl
05-07-2014, 08:13 AM
At Busch all of the good bats go so quick for asking price that there is no time to negotiate prices lol.

coxfan
05-07-2014, 09:39 AM
My experience with Rangers and Braves is that at team-run stores, the staff have no authority to negotiate. But the Rangers outsourced some of their game-used items to a private group a couple of years ago, who sold on the stadium concourse during the game. That group's reps would negotiate, but the items retained by the team-owned stores at the same game were non-negotiable.

Phil316
05-07-2014, 01:21 PM
I have had success at both the Mariners and Seahawks stores at their respective stadiums. I did have to speak to a manager though.

lengthwise1
05-07-2014, 04:06 PM
I have had some success with the Rockies, but I am a very regular customer.

sox83cubs84
05-07-2014, 10:02 PM
A buddy of mine has been stymied in negotiating at the Cubs Wrigley Field booth repeatedly, although he brings it on himself by making ridiculously lowball offers. He has, however, had some success at the Cubs Convention.

Dave Miedema

lakeerie92
05-08-2014, 02:30 PM
Our program with the Padres the game used items prices are negotiable. The same goes for the Rangers this year since they are run by the same company.

scootmagroot
05-08-2014, 06:29 PM
Our program with the Padres the game used items prices are negotiable. The same goes for the Rangers this year since they are run by the same company.

I don't know you to my knowledge and this is nothing against you personally so don't take it that way... But with those Padres prices, they'd better be negotiable.

Mike0619
05-08-2014, 07:15 PM
I have met and made a few deals with Russell, he is a really good guy. Yes, the Padres stuff is over priced but he has worked with me a little. I think we have made some fair deals. I can't say I got a deal compared to what the true value of the items are but at least he worked with me.The problem with trying to sale Padres stuff is there aren't any real stars so the game used stuff isn't really worth much and fan base is not that big.

johnsontravis@ymail.com
05-08-2014, 07:53 PM
A lot of teams are usually firm on newer item prices, but if they have had it awhile there is a chance they might knock off a little.

lakeerie92
05-08-2014, 08:37 PM
I don't know you to my knowledge and this is nothing against you personally so don't take it that way... But with those Padres prices, they'd better be negotiable.

None taken. If people are serious about buying stuff I will definitely work with them on a price. The prices are a little high, but we aren't the first team you could say that about and we negotiate.

allstarsplus
05-09-2014, 06:43 AM
I work at the Game Used inside the stadium at the Baltimore Orioles and it seems quite a few enjoy attempting to negotiate. What certainly seems high to one person is a bargain to another. Many of our items are for the benefit of the Orioles Reach Foundation charity.

I always say the market will determine the price. There is a vibrant secondary market for our items as I check the auction houses and eBay and often see items we sell for sale at much higher prices and it's not just Orioles items I saw NY Yankees Mariano Rivera pitched balls from last year and items from past years.

bxbomber13
05-09-2014, 10:39 PM
Yankee Stadium has a Steiner store and the prices are up there. I've tried to negotiate but they never come down on the price. It is a set price with Tax included :rolleyes:.