PDA

View Full Version : Help with an Allen Craig Photo match (1st grand slam??)

DonTheLegend
05-06-2014, 11:24 PM
just scored this killer Allen Craig bat. MLB hologram is from Sept 4, 2013 "session". Craig hit his first career Grand Slam August 26, 2013 against Cincinnati 9 days prior.

i pretty much suck at photo matching. i have nearly 40 Ray Lankford GU items and havent come close to matching any of them....

anyhow, Craig will be signing in St Louis on May 31 and i would love to be able to speak intelligently about the specifics of this bat . Especially if it is , potentially, the bat he used to whack his first career grand slam.

sept 2 pics show him using a "new" bat with fresh handle tape. Sept 1 (and before) show a well used bat. Cant find anything showing him breaking a bat on Sept 1 or Sept 2.

Obviously would be awesome to prove it was THE bat. Any help would be appreciated and i would even be willing to put a couple bucks in someones PayPal acct for a definitive match.

Pics im providing are in horrible light. ill try to take better pics in natural light tomorrow

Thanks for your time.

DonTheLegend
05-06-2014, 11:28 PM
....and of course i post this in the wrong section. would someone be kind enough to move it please?

Sotystl
05-07-2014, 10:15 AM
Am HUGE Craig fan, and have actually had his Grand Slam bat pass underneath my nose and missed it :(.

Yours is really nice, but you can tell by the handle that it isnt the bat. He went through a bit of the season where he was really caking on the "Mota Stick" and yours appears to be pine tar.

If you look at this view of the grand slam you can see it really caked on.

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d143/sotystl/178004544_zps5dabea4d.jpg

I think you have a potential match to that second picture however.

It seems like he breaks a bat every other game with how many are in the pro shop, so for him using the same bat that far off would be very rare.

Im not expert, just my opinion, maybe others will chime in.

Sotystl
05-07-2014, 10:17 AM
http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d143/sotystl/180061567_zps3c7e0e45.jpg

Actually looks like a really close match with the pine tar pattern above the handle, and the ball marks.