PDA

View Full Version : Game used NHL puck

jfbrens
05-03-2014, 01:57 AM
Hello
I was just at the blackhawks v wild game last night and caught a puck. Does anyone know if there is any differentiation between a game used one and one you can buy in gift shop that is a game puck? Are there any ways to certify my puck was used in the game? Any help appreciated

Phil316
05-03-2014, 10:39 AM
I have bought a few pucks before. Most recently I bought a game used goal puck from the Winnipeg Jets. It comes with tape around the puck and in a case with COA.

I do not think there is a difference. It is just like baseball when you catch a foul ball.

jfbrens
05-03-2014, 02:41 PM
Ok thanks for the response. I'm actually going to try to give it away. The puck was shot full blast into the stands and struck a guy in the head. I heard he is not doing good so I'd like to offer it to him

danesei@yahoo.com
05-04-2014, 07:26 PM
I have bought a few pucks before. Most recently I bought a game used goal puck from the Winnipeg Jets. It comes with tape around the puck and in a case with COA.

I do not think there is a difference. It is just like baseball when you catch a foul ball.

In theory, you'd need to doctor a retail baseball to make it appear game used. Yes, I know the mud is available to the public, but it's still not quite the same as a Rawiings OMLB that you'd buy in a retail/hobby setting.

Phil316
05-04-2014, 08:03 PM
In theory, you'd need to doctor a retail baseball to make it appear game used. Yes, I know the mud is available to the public, but it's still not quite the same as a Rawiings OMLB that you'd buy in a retail/hobby setting.

lol.:rolleyes:

It depends how technical you want to be. A game used puck might show scrapes and abrasions as well. I assumed the original poster knew what I was talking about.

danesei@yahoo.com
05-05-2014, 01:07 AM
lol.:rolleyes:

It depends how technical you want to be. A game used puck might show scrapes and abrasions as well. I assumed the original poster knew what I was talking about.

Well, I mean, even if a ball never makes it out of the umpire's pouch/bucket, it would look significantly different than a retail ball.

Jim65
05-05-2014, 10:15 AM
Not sure if its still true but the pucks used in games were the exact ones sold at the concession stands.

I have 2 GU pucks, one I caught at a Devils game, the other is an Albany River Rats puck that a friend caught and gave to me. I wouldn't sell them but if I decided to, I could never prove they are genuine.