PDA

View Full Version : Anybody know where to get authentic lettering done on Cardinal jerseys?

mlrtme17
12-15-2006, 11:52 PM
I have a blank Authentic Cardinal jeresey and I am looking for somewhere to letter the back of it. But I want authentic lettering done. Anybody in St. Louis know where I can get this done at? Or if I can ship it somewhere to have it done. Thanks!

Ryan

thome25.com
12-16-2006, 12:39 AM
There is a shop in seattle called "seattle tackle and twill". They do the lettering for several MLB teams including the mariners. Try calling info to get their number. May be listed under ST&T...

The Lumber Company
12-16-2006, 12:43 AM
Ryan,
I have got some numbers from Judy Brinker at Liebe.
They are very professional and very accurate.
Give her a call and I'm sure she can help.
Below is an example of a typical order.
I hope this helps.
Marty

http://www.liebe.com/

LIEBE ATHLETIC LETTERING CO

582 Goddard Ave.

Chesterfield, MO 63005

800-845-4323 Fax: 800-874-5027
Marty:

I have your order organized.

Pirates, Clemente #21 Priced at $2.52 each digit for a total of $25.20
Yankee’s Mattingly #23 Priced at $2.52 each digit for a total of $25.20
Orioles Ripkin ’01 #8 2/color priced at $2.52 each digit for a total of $12.60
Orioles Ripkin ’99 #9 3/color priced at $4.35 each digit for a total of $21.75
The total of this order is $84.75 plus shipping charges.
This will be charged to your credit card after it ships.
I will proceed with this order unless I hear from you. Liebe is closed Friday but I will check messages early Monday morning.
I look forward to doing business with you.

Judy Brinker

mlrtme17
12-16-2006, 12:58 AM
Thanks for the help!

TNTtoys
12-17-2006, 12:38 PM
There is a company out there called "Grandstand" who do very good work but they're pricy. They also customize for MLB teams, incl. the White Sox. They're located in Chicago.

http://www.grandstandsox.com/lettering.htm

island_style
12-18-2006, 06:43 AM
I've had several jerseys customized at Seattle Tackle Twill (STT), and I have been very pleased with their work. They do the numbering for the Mariners, Sonics and Seahawks, as well as visiting MLB teams. Always specify that you are looking for authentic lettering (i.e. only the bottom layer of multiple-colored letters/numbers sewn directly to the jersey). I haven't checked out the other suggestions from the Forum members, but I am sure that those companies do MLB spec work, too. STT may be reached at (206) 903-1951. Hope this helps.

Kind Regards,

Ron.
Rsamiano@aol.com

ryan4fregosi
12-18-2006, 08:31 PM
You're getting 2 jerseys done with "Rip-KIN" on the back? Is this intentional?!

SB23
12-18-2006, 09:20 PM
http://www.exclusivepro.com/

You will be hard pressed to find someone who has anything bad to say about EPS.

kj33706
12-18-2006, 09:52 PM
I LIVE 10 MINUTES from down town st.louis i could take it to the cards team store and have what ever you want on it let me know just trying to help........

mlrtme17
12-19-2006, 12:14 AM
Thanks for all the help everyone! I found www.authenticlettering.com (http://www.authenticlettering.com) and ordered some lettering from them. I know a couple of guys that are in the embroidery business, so they should be able to stitch it on for me. I'll let everyone know how their lettering comes out. Again, thanks for all the ideas!

Ryan

MikeSimon
12-20-2006, 05:39 AM
Hi,

I ordered a lettering kit for my son's Red Sox BP jersey from authenticlettering.com back in the fall. They sent me the wrong kit...they sent numbers for the Sox alternate jersey and letters which aren't even on the alternate jersey. On their hand-written receipt it even states "kit for Red Sox BP".
They refused to answer any of my e-mails and anytime I tried to call them , the phone was always busy. I'll never deal with these guys again!

Good Luck. I just hope they send you the right kit.

Mike

TNTtoys
12-20-2006, 01:44 PM
Thanks for all the help everyone! I found www.authenticlettering.com (http://www.authenticlettering.com) and ordered some lettering from them. I know a couple of guys that are in the embroidery business, so they should be able to stitch it on for me. I'll let everyone know how their lettering comes out. Again, thanks for all the ideas!

Ryan

This company has come up on the forum before, and I chose to stay away from recommending them due to the mixed reviews they generated. My experience with them has been very good, although the turnaround couldn't be any slower. Bernard is very pleasant to deal with - he's obviously been in the business for many many years, and is always filled with stories & anecdotes when I call. He's customized about 6 jerseys for me, all absolutely perfect. The only problems I have had have been the length of time I had to wait. Sometimes 3 months. Otherwise, the work is top notch, to spec, and if you do not have a deadline, you probably won't go wrong with him.

MikeSimon
12-20-2006, 02:40 PM
TNT,

I'm sure you're right. The #'s and letters he sent were great...if it was for the right jersey. He sent me the wrong ones!
The problem is that he hasn't responded to a single e-mail of the several I have sent him. Customer service doesn't seem to be a priority...My credit card was though! I will never deal with him again.

Mike