PDA

View Full Version : How much proof for a bat's early infancy is enough?

sportsnbikes
04-24-2014, 05:07 PM
I feel like this is a match. However, it has been difficult to match the bat during its early infancy. The last few are no doubters and I feel like the first few are also very strong with the few unique characteristics of the tar dot and the shape within the ball mark. It is also very difficult getting the correct angles to match because the bat has such strong use as opposed to the pictures in its early days.

How many characteristics constitute a strong match. Hosmer only used an SSK for 2 stints in 2013 and this was the first stint. Shortly after these games, he started using a brand new one.

It's pretty cool to see the bat take shape with use from the 1st picture on 7-24 and into the last one on 7-30.

Tell me what you all think.

sportsnbikes
04-24-2014, 05:08 PM
Dangit The Crop Photos Didn't Come Through! Hold Up!

sportsnbikes
04-24-2014, 05:20 PM
Ok disregard previous pics. These should be the right ones.

rdeversole
04-24-2014, 07:02 PM
The "tar dot" you mention - isn't that just the maple bat slope test dot that goes on every maple bat as mandated by MLB? I wouldn't consider that a unique characteristic to this bat, unless you feel the shape of the dot IS somehow unique compared to his other gamers.

gorilla777
04-24-2014, 07:46 PM
Like the fellow with the DiMaggio bat, it's preferable to have his DNA on it, along with the FBI proof. It was on YouTube, so it must be true.

johnsontravis@ymail.com
04-24-2014, 07:54 PM
The "tar dot" you mention - isn't that just the maple bat slope test dot that goes on every maple bat as mandated by MLB? I wouldn't consider that a unique characteristic to this bat, unless you feel the shape of the dot IS somehow unique compared to his other gamers.

Either way they don't even look the same. I can't find anything in that last picture that screams match to me.

sportsnbikes
04-24-2014, 11:25 PM

RD, the tar dot is not the slope test. The dot on this bat is a piece of tar that is actually raised up a bit. I'll have to look for the mark on the bat. It could be covered up with tar.

sportsnbikes
04-24-2014, 11:27 PM
Like the fellow with the DiMaggio bat, it's preferable to have his DNA on it, along with the FBI proof. It was on YouTube, so it must be true.

Very nice. Maybe I';ll ask him to rub it a little and spit on it.

sportsnbikes
04-24-2014, 11:31 PM
Either way they don't even look the same. I can't find anything in that last picture that screams match to me.

Which picture are you referring to? The one with him batting in the bottom of the 3rd I think it is? If you look at the ball mark on the barrel, the shape withing the mark is the same. As far as the dot not looking the same, it is very difficult to get the correct angle in a picture. If I angle it the way the bat is being held, it makes the top look super thick. If I angle it sideways, then I am not able to crop it how I need it to look.

sportsnbikes
04-25-2014, 08:55 PM
Very nice. Maybe I';ll ask him to rub it a little and spit on it.

I guess maybe I better not be tired and post anymore because that completely didn't sound right. :confused:

HawaiiSportsNut
04-25-2014, 09:08 PM
I guess maybe I better not be tired and post anymore because that completely didn't sound right. :confused:

No comments... lol

sportsnbikes
04-25-2014, 09:59 PM
No comments... lol

Ya I'm on graveyard shift right now. Not enough sleep.

sportsnbikes
04-25-2014, 10:09 PM

I looked at this dot for what seemed like forever and I can't tell now. It's very possible that the raised up feeling is residue from tar over the dot.

Either way, I'm certain this is the bat used in that game. I just have to get the correct angle or screen captures. I went through every image on getty and only found a SSK used for 2 stints. It is my belief that he used these when he ran out of Zingers towards the last 1/3 of July and into the first part of August.