PDA

View Full Version : This guy must be out of his mind if he thinks his collection is worth this much !!!!

Ray371170
04-22-2014, 05:30 AM
I'm praying that this guy is not a member here !!!!!

He said a little league bat signed by joey D = $20,000 ?!?!?!?! :eek: :o

Good for a couple of laughs ....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nTXXy8IrdGc

What do you guys think

Jim65
04-22-2014, 06:54 AM
Hes in for a huge shock if he decides to sell his collection. $60,000 for a signed Pop Lloyd ball?

PAC
04-22-2014, 07:42 AM
Hes in for a huge shock if he decides to sell his collection. $60,000 for a signed Pop Lloyd ball?

And he has "about 3" of them.

LOL at the Joe DiMaggio signed bat being authenticated "by the FBI."

Sad part is this guy is totally serious.

cjw
04-22-2014, 08:13 AM
Unfortunate. What's the bat worth (assuming the sig is correct) -$100?

Jim65
04-22-2014, 08:18 AM
And he has "about 3" of them.

LOL at the Joe DiMaggio signed bat being authenticated "by the FBI."

Sad part is this guy is totally serious.

Even funnier is that he claims the bat has Joes DNA on it. Maybe it was used in a crime. :)

cjw
04-22-2014, 08:33 AM
Reminds me of a fellow I met at who owns a collectables shop here in a small Alberta town that has a bunch of antique/second hand stores. First time I walked in we struck up a conversation when I asked him if he had any sporting items for sale. He said no, as he collected them extensively for himself.

We chatted about his collection and he mentioned that he had a Babe Ruth signed ball...well actually, something more valuable than that, a ball signed by the Babe's wife! I mentioned that quite a few ball were singed by Claire, especially in the Babe's last days and while interesting, they were not worth much and compared to an authenticated Babe signed sphere they paled.

He disagreed and said the Claire singed balls were worth $10K or more in mint shape. I disagreed and he stood his ground. I pulled up my phone to show him some examples and he disregarded them all. He really couldn't understand that a collector wouldn't pay more for a ball signed by the wife of a celebrity vs the actual celebrity.

I left when he started to tell me about his TZ008 collection of cards! No clue. The best part for me was after I left his store and walked directly across the street, I found an old O-Pee-Chee 1930's hockey mail in spinner game for $17. Classic auctions in Montreal just sold one in the fall for $800. It was under this astute collectors nose and he didn't notice it.

ivo610
04-22-2014, 10:16 AM
I would love to hear more about the FBI authentication service. Is this paid for my tax payers? Lol

xsentrixsupra
04-22-2014, 10:25 AM
I started watching the video, but had to turn it off. When he started talking about the FBI authenticating the bat like others have mentioned it just got a little crazy for me. Props to him though, if he loves it all, thats all that matters. He will be up for an ugly awakening if he does try to sell it all though.

xsentrixsupra
04-22-2014, 10:26 AM
I would love to hear more about the FBI authentication service. Is this paid for my tax payers? Lol

With how much our govt spends, it wouldn't surprise me if there was an FBI Authentication service :)

Umiami338
04-22-2014, 11:27 AM
Imagine how much he's paying for insurance.....he mentions his insurance agent told him his collection is worth over a million....the agent is probably inflating everything to rip him off of the premiums. Imagine putting a claim in for a $60K ball? crazy

Although I want to know If the FBI does house calls for their authentication lol

johnsontravis@ymail.com
04-22-2014, 11:31 AM
Imagine how much he's paying for insurance.....he mentions his insurance agent told him his collection is worth over a million....the agent is probably inflating everything to rip him off of the premiums. Imagine putting a claim in for a $60K ball? crazy

Although I want to know If the FBI does house calls for their authentication lol

The whole million dollars things is not how much the insurance thinks it is worth. I remember I was watching one of those Pawn shows on TV and it is something else. Cause the guy trying to sell the item thought the same thing this dude believes, but really it means something else...can't remember what though.

maverick14
04-22-2014, 11:41 AM
When he said Joe D's DNA was on the bat and authenticated by the FBI I immediately thought of this movie clip from Billy Madison.:eek::eek::eek::eek:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p7w64fbqYQY

momen55
04-22-2014, 11:58 AM
i'm sure he knows the value. that's all tv talk to impress the viewers and invite thieves to his house. what an embarrassment as well. he should have brushed up on his grammar before getting on. ghetto. :(

cubbs1232
04-22-2014, 01:54 PM
Looks like someone has been shopping Coach's corner auctions and gotten a few "FBI forensic coa's" from Chris Morales and probably a couple psa/DNA coas and doesn't understand the "DNA" part it.

Wrigley2010
04-23-2014, 01:04 AM
So he brings some baseball cards, a DiMaggio little league bat and a Cool Papa Bell autographed ball but leaves the Willie Mays gamer that at one time was on loan to a museum at home... The show was definitely good for a laugh.

sportsnbikes
04-23-2014, 02:29 AM
Absolutely absurd!

gingi79
04-23-2014, 08:11 PM
Wait, the DNA part of PSA/DNA isn't due to extensive CSI level government resources utilized for forensic documentation on these items? Huh, I never knew.....:p

both-teams-played-hard
04-23-2014, 09:06 PM
FYI: Chinatown is a good place to get Bill Russell jerseys.

Phil316
04-23-2014, 09:26 PM
Looks like someone has been shopping Coach's corner auctions and gotten a few "FBI forensic coa's" from Chris Morales and probably a couple psa/DNA coas and doesn't understand the "DNA" part it.

Exactly what I was thinking.