PDA

View Full Version : Cubs #42 gamers alredy available.

sox83cubs84
04-18-2014, 10:19 PM
At the Cubs Game Used booth earlier today, I noticed that the Cubs already had the 2014 Game 2 Jackie Robinson tribute jersey for sale. I'm not sure of prices, but I'll check fro anyone who is interested.

Dave Miedema

wildjimmy
04-18-2014, 11:06 PM
I would love to hear a range on prices. Probably out of my grasp but curious.

Thanks Dave

johnsontravis@ymail.com
04-19-2014, 07:36 AM
The ones listed on mlb auctions will start at $200-$685 or Grimm to Castro/Rizzo.

mchmaj
04-19-2014, 09:50 AM
did u see any home pinstripe cubs game jersey with 100th anniv patch size 42 or 44 and if so how much ?
let me know

momen55
04-19-2014, 12:30 PM
ridiculous prices if you ask me. i hate to see the prices for the throwbacks.

beachpetrol
04-19-2014, 01:42 PM
I guess it depends on the teams, but those prices don't seem ridiculous. Especially for a one of a kind jersey like a Jackie Robinson Day jersey. And I say one of a kind because that is the only unique jersey those players wear all season long. With all the other regular season jerseys out there and multiple sets, I could see why the price and demand might be higher for these jerseys.

lengthwise1
04-19-2014, 04:02 PM
I guess it depends on the teams, but those prices don't seem ridiculous. Especially for a one of a kind jersey like a Jackie Robinson Day jersey. And I say one of a kind because that is the only unique jersey those players wear all season long. With all the other regular season jerseys out there and multiple sets, I could see why the price and demand might be higher for these jerseys.

actually most teams will wear the camo ones twice this year and there will be special stars & stripes jerseys, not sure if that's for all teams though, but I assume it is.

Cubsfan4life
04-19-2014, 08:20 PM
actually most teams will wear the camo ones twice this year and there will be special stars & stripes jerseys, not sure if that's for all teams though, but I assume it is.

Plus the Cubs willing be wearing like 10 throwbacks this year.

dnrapp
04-20-2014, 08:21 AM
At the Cubs Game Used booth earlier today, I noticed that the Cubs already had the 2014 Game 2 Jackie Robinson tribute jersey for sale. I'm not sure of prices, but I'll check fro anyone who is interested.

Dave Miedema

The A's had a bunch of JR day jerseys for sale in their GU booth yesterday(sat) They were priced form 125 for coaches and bench players to 600 for starters. A good amount of them had dirt on them.

net0@thehalf
04-20-2014, 10:07 AM
what do you mean by booth at the stadium? do you have a gu contact for the A's?

dnrapp
04-21-2014, 07:44 AM
what do you mean by booth at the stadium? do you have a gu contact for the A's?

The A's have a GU stand in the stadium. The A's have a GU twitter account. That has a phone nember that they have tweeted out. I posted the info in the GU contcat thread.

sox83cubs84
04-22-2014, 09:58 PM
did u see any home pinstripe cubs game jersey with 100th anniv patch size 42 or 44 and if so how much ?
let me know

There are 2014 homes available, but the only regular season jersey was one of Anthony Rizzo. The team has a number of 2014 home gamers from spring training, but those don't have the patch.

One of the alternate CUBS roads was at the booth tonight, a Jeff Smardzjia.

Dave M.

sox83cubs84
04-23-2014, 09:39 PM
April 23 update:

The Cubs were using special dated baseballs for today's game, as it is the 100th Anniversary of the first game at Wrigley Field (then a Federal League outpost known as Weegham Park). buddy of mine actually caught one (foul ball). Collector, though, were disappointed when they went to the GU Booth and were told that all available GU baseballs rom today's game were being set aside for auction on Cubs.com/MLB.com (none sold at the booth itself).
Also, according to radio voice Pat Hughes, the uniforms from today's event will also be set aside for internet auction.

Dave Miedema

jbean023
04-23-2014, 10:37 PM
Yeah cubs authentics prices are insane anyways, wear 75 jerseys a season and want ridiculous money for each. I gave up on cubs authentics.

twarman17
04-23-2014, 11:11 PM
They had a line of people paying $40 for a generic 100 year ball (or $65 with a case) that cost I believe $15 from the authentics store at cubs convention, and is easily available for $20.

The bases looked nice and had a good looking frame, but at $1000 per base I will wait for the secondary market in a few years.

Agree that the minimum bid prices on auctions is outrageous considering the number of jersey sets and poor quality of the team.