PDA

View Full Version : Derek Jeter Opening Series Items Going for Big Prices

BamaHater
04-16-2014, 11:13 PM
Some of him stuff is up from the Opening Series in Houston. Will this be the norm for the rest of the season.
$1,250 for an Opening Day Locker Tag

$1,000 for a Game Used Baseball where he was HBP in Opening game. If a HBP ball is going for this what will a hit or dare say home run go for.

Can't get links to work correctly but the items are on the Houston Astros page of MLB Auctions.

mbenga28
04-17-2014, 05:40 AM
Steiner must be thrilled when Girardi sits Jeter for games.

Roady
04-17-2014, 06:45 AM
That's insane.
He is not even the best future HOFer on the team. For their careers Ichiro was a better batter, fielder, and base runner.

mbenga28
04-17-2014, 06:59 AM
That's insane.
He is not even the best future HOFer on the team. For their careers Ichiro was a better batter, fielder, and base runner.

It'll be interesting to see what Ichiro's final season items go for. But Jeter is the most marketable face of baseball so collectors will pay premiums for his items.

johnsontravis@ymail.com
04-17-2014, 07:08 AM
I think prices will drop a little mid season and then come September it will skyrocket.

This is the first wave of stuff and it will go for crazy money. You never know that might end up being his last HBP. It is a gamble.

Roady
04-17-2014, 07:10 AM
It'll be interesting to see what Ichiro's final season items go for. But Jeter is the most marketable face of baseball so collectors will pay premiums for his items.

With the Japanese bidding on his items it may get crazy.

johnsontravis@ymail.com
04-17-2014, 11:00 AM
Or you know...a player could just retire after the season and not make a big circus out of it. For the most part I am not really a big fan of the Chipper, Mariano, and Derek way of doing things.

carbonrosa
04-17-2014, 12:34 PM
Or you know...a player could just retire after the season and not make a big circus out of it. For the most part I am not really a big fan of the Chipper, Mariano, and Derek way of doing things.

It's Pretty obvious Derek Jeter feels the same. If he had his way, there would be no retirement tour and now gift receiving. So far he runs out, smiles, takes a quick picture then runs back into the dugout. Even during opening day when they called his name, he just kept his head down and stood in line. This will not be like Rivera where he took his time and shared the moment with the fans, which being a huge Jeter fan, I wish Derek would. At least then it would make paying those overpriced tickets to see one of his last games some what worth the price.

Roady
04-17-2014, 01:03 PM
It's Pretty obvious Derek Jeter feels the same. If he had his way, there would be no retirement tour and now gift receiving. So far he runs out, smiles, takes a quick picture then runs back into the dugout. Even during opening day when they called his name, he just kept his head down and stood in line. This will not be like Rivera where he took his time and shared the moment with the fans, which being a huge Jeter fan, I wish Derek would. At least then it would make paying those overpriced tickets to see one of his last games some what worth the price.

Is that why he announced his retirement a year early? LOL

carbonrosa
04-17-2014, 06:15 PM
He announced his retirement early because he didn't want to be harassed all season about if he could still play and when he will retire if he couldn't. With announcing his retirement early, now he can relax and play his game, show up a little early, get some free swag and run back to the dugout.

Roady
04-17-2014, 07:31 PM
He announced his retirement early because he didn't want to be harassed all season about if he could still play and when he will retire if he couldn't. With announcing his retirement early, now he can relax and play his game, show up a little early, get some free swag and run back to the dugout.

You are biased. Understandable.