PDA

View Full Version : Steiner Make an Offer on Amazon

mbenga28
04-15-2014, 03:22 PM
Has anyone made an offer to Steiner on their Amazon store? Do they usually accept, decline, counter?

short84
04-20-2014, 06:56 AM
I haven't through Amazon, but I have tried to contact them about items they have listed on eBay. Their customer service and communication is the worst of any seller I have dealt with. They had a jersey I was interested in listed on eBay and I sent several messages asking for more information and not a single one was responded to. There poor customer service is the one thing that has been consistent with their company. When I tried to do business with them years ago when they were selling Dallas Cowboys items, I was surprised about their lack of customer service. Good luck but I try not to buy from them since they don't seem to care about their customers.

ruhoos
04-21-2014, 02:47 PM
I had the opposite experience. Purchased a Mets' helmet on Ebay from them. They were out of it and shipped me a different one. I contacted them and had two separate messages within 10 minutes. To make up for it they let me keep the incorrect helmet and gave me choice of another Mets helmet which they sent free of charge.

I know every situation is different and everyone is always quick to jump on a company when they mess up so here's one example of Steiner fixing a problem in a timely manner.

mad87man
04-21-2014, 04:08 PM
screw steiner. I messaged them 3 times on ebay and got nothing back. I also emailed them through their site again nothing back. I get about 9 emails from them a day trying to sell me high end stuff though no problem. I replied back to one asking a few questions in which I got a half ass response which made it sound like I couldn't even afford what I was looking for(like they know my income) and when I asked about an item on ebay they just said yeah that's us and couldn't answer my question. They could go screw for all I care.

PAC
04-21-2014, 04:12 PM
I had the opposite experience. Purchased a Mets' helmet on Ebay from them. They were out of it and shipped me a different one. I contacted them and had two separate messages within 10 minutes. To make up for it they let me keep the incorrect helmet and gave me choice of another Mets helmet which they sent free of charge.

I know every situation is different and everyone is always quick to jump on a company when they mess up so here's one example of Steiner fixing a problem in a timely manner.

I bet it was easy for them to find the helmet the second time around, since all they had to do was pull a blank off the shelf, beat it up, and throw some dirt on it. Steiner guaranteed.

Roady
04-21-2014, 04:40 PM
I bet it was easy for them to find the helmet the second time around, since all they had to do was pull a blank off the shelf, beat it up, and throw some dirt on it. Steiner guaranteed.

Ouch! :eek:

mbenga28
04-21-2014, 06:06 PM
Some of you who are not getting e-mail replies, if you go to their website right underneath images of their items is a link that opens up a live chat box. You might want to try that option.

PwKw13
04-21-2014, 07:30 PM

This sounds familiar. I've heard of too many people getting the wrong item from Steiner (including myself) to consider fixing the problem with another item that wasn't ordered to be good customer service. When it comes to unique game used items, good service (and good quality control) is getting what was originally ordered.

mad87man
04-21-2014, 09:02 PM
Some of you who are not getting e-mail replies, if you go to their website right underneath images of their items is a link that opens up a live chat box. You might want to try that option.

I shouldn't have to go through all that when I send them at least 3 messages. It's poor customer service. They can send me emails all day trying to sell me high end items worth half the price yet can't reply to mine?

pungent
04-22-2014, 10:57 AM
You probably won't get that good a deal. $200 team issued pants I submitted an offer of $85 and they countered with $150

cliffjmp33
04-22-2014, 01:54 PM
Haven't tried via Amazon, but will say I had a good interaction off eBay with a seller, gameusedguru88. Most, if not all, of the items listed there are Steiner, and worked with me on an offer for a Yankees helmet that was 1/3 of the original asking price.

Additionally, I have inquired about making an offer for an item that was in a grouping through Steiner directly. Was offered an okay price for the entire group, but wanting only one of the items, I couldn't see where it was worth the cost. At least they were realistic with the counter offer.

And regarding the live chat aspect mbenga28 mentioned, I have used it before. The response time is a little slower than I anticipated, but I was able to talk to a representative and had a good back and forth regarding a couple of prices on items.

I know people have had mixed reviews, but sharing mine. I will agree that all the e-mails can be daunting though as a lot of the offers are repetitive.