PDA

View Full Version : Joel's Weekly Football Picks

trsent
12-18-2005, 05:37 AM
Ok, I stopped posting my picks, but I am bored this morning so I'll post my two plays for Sunday. I'm actually having a nice week at college hoops, I'm like 5-1.

My top pick is Arizona -2 vs. Houston. Houston is sort of at home, and after last week, I am pretty sure Houston is playing for Reggie Bush's rights.

My back-up pick is Cincinnati in Detroit -8, but I have paid the .30 cent juice to take the line down to -6.5. I know, I'm playing against the home-dome-dog theory, but this one looks like Cincy should show up after the scare they took last week against The Browns.

Time will tell...

Yankwood
12-18-2005, 06:02 AM
Hey Joel, just curious, but are you related to Herb Alpert? I ask because both you guys seem to like blowing your own horn. Just kidding. My best bets of the day, guaranteed stone cold locks are...... da da da da da da..........Here they are: The Bills and Broncos OVER. The Giants and Chiefs OVER and the Patriots and Bucs OVER. 3 for 3. That's right. All 3 of them have been OVER for hours now. Hah. Boy, I'm killin' myself here.

trsent
12-18-2005, 11:34 AM
Haha, that is funny.

No relation to Herb.

trsent
12-18-2005, 11:58 AM
My top pick is Arizona -2 vs. Houston. Houston is sort of at home, and after last week, I am pretty sure Houston is playing for Reggie Bush's rights.

Wow, they just announced that Domanick Davis will miss the game for Houston and the line already has moved to Arizona -3. I know they still have to play the game, but often it is nice to place your plays the night before when you may get a real favorible line. I locked in at -2 last night, and who knows if the line may move even more now.

sayhey24
12-18-2005, 04:56 PM
Could I please ask the moderator why we are allowing threads about gambling and football point spreads in the Game Used Forum? And why is one poster allowed to solicit inquiries about a betting service in the tag to all his posts?

trsent
12-18-2005, 05:35 PM
Sir, if you have a problem, there is a function where you can block my posts and then you won't ever have to read anything I post again.

Or are you mad because I was wrong, Arizona no-showed? Needless to say, Kurt Warner was 10 for 10 passing, and then he got injured and the day was over for Arizona.

I believe sports betting is legal in Las Vegas, NV my home town, and there are about 500 services on the internet based mainly out of Costa Rica where you can bet sports from anywhere in the world. Again, block my posts, but stop crying like a child.

Yankwood
12-18-2005, 05:51 PM
Could I please ask the moderator why we are allowing threads about gambling and football point spreads in the Game Used Forum? And why is one poster allowed to solicit inquiries about a betting service in the tag to all his posts?Say hey, Willie. Did I just hear some blasting caps?:eek:

sayhey24
12-18-2005, 05:52 PM
Hi Joel,

My comments were not an indictment of gambling or a question of legality. Just my my fairly simple observation that gambling and gambling adverstisements have nothing to do with game used collecting.
I'm not sure why you felt the need to attack me personally, but I will not respond in kind. It's nothing against you personally and I wish you well in your endeavors.

Sincerely,

Greg Floyd

Yankwood
12-18-2005, 05:57 PM
I'll lay 10 to 1 odds this matter is not resolved yet.

trsent
12-18-2005, 06:03 PM
I'll lay 10 to 1 odds this matter is not resolved yet.

Put me down for 1000 to win 100. Oh wait, the guy, a first time poster on these new forums, thinks I am personally attacking him. You know, I have made so many new friend on these forums, I am proud to be an active member.

I believe these forums are based on sports, so what's wrong with sports betting discussions? If you are against my weekly picks coming back, block me as a user. Then again, you should also block my posts talking about life, the universe and everything.

Take a pill, chill.

Oh wait, Cincy is covering half way through the 3rd, I can exhale again. :)

pietraynor
12-21-2005, 10:19 AM
Count me as another forum member who doesn't appreciate this thread..not the place for it.

trsent
12-21-2005, 12:02 PM
Count me as another forum member who doesn't appreciate this thread..not the place for it.

I am sorry to have offended anyone, I really can't imagine what the big deal is/was, but to make all happy, I have changed my signature and I won't post any football picks.

Were you folks offended because Arizona didn't even come close to covering last week or was it something else? I find it funny, because on the last forum people used to email me and talk about their football picks.

We are a sports based forum, right?

Happy Holidays! :)