PDA

View Full Version : Selling tips please

EurekaDave
04-02-2014, 03:59 PM
I need advice from those of you who have sold popular items here. What is your method of choosing buyer.

I try to be fair but often people commit, then back out. Or they pepper me with questions, etc. It confuses me, throws me off and ultimately leads to unfair disappointment to other buyers. I know because I have been one of them.

Is there an easy way to be fair? Ideas, please.

Dave Silverbrand

Roady
04-02-2014, 04:01 PM
Place the price.
Place your terms of payment.
Sell to the first one who sends payment.

Eliminates the hassle.

NeonStatus
04-02-2014, 04:03 PM
Send the items to an auction house or eBay.

Roady
04-02-2014, 04:29 PM
I do let the first person who says they will take it either on here or in an email have it.
I was referring to when you have wishy washy buyers who say they want it but never tell you when they are going to pay. Or after saying they will take it start asking questions about it they should have asked before.
Describe your item as well as possible and post good pics. This eliminates many of the questions you will get asked.

xsentrixsupra
04-02-2014, 04:34 PM
I need advice from those of you who have sold popular items here. What is your method of choosing buyer.

I try to be fair but often people commit, then back out. Or they pepper me with questions, etc. It confuses me, throws me off and ultimately leads to unfair disappointment to other buyers. I know because I have been one of them.

Is there an easy way to be fair? Ideas, please.

Dave Silverbrand

Well I know you aren't talking about me, because I sent payment within moments of confirming where to send it :D

However in general, usually 1st come 1st serve. 1st person to email with legitimate interest that sends payment. Now if people are sending you multiple emails be courteous, but let them know you have other parties interested and you are selling to the 1st person who sends you payment. When someone sends you payment, then its over!

emann
04-02-2014, 04:41 PM
As somebody who has both bought from you (very pleased) OR missed out on items, I can comment that the noticeable thing for me when you specifically list items is no photo or details: like PSA cert number, etc.

Call me old fashioned, but I minimally need a picture or cert number before I blindly Paypal someone for an item. Doesn't matter who the seller is... Been burned in the past (by sellers on here, not you), so I can't bring myself to but items that way, I don't care how good the deal is...

xpress34
04-02-2014, 06:29 PM
Dave -

Everyone has their own 'standards' if you will - and most everyone has dealt with the wishy-washy people and the non-commitments, etc.

My rules of thumb are:

Detailed description, history (if applicable/known) and price.

1st come, 1st served - as long as they commit to a payment date. If they can't commit, it's 1st to come with payment is 1st served.

It's why I don't do 'pick-ups' anymore unless I can reach you and get payment over the phone.

I've been left hanging too many times...

- Smitty